Using logic

pcitycane

Retired staff
Premium
I do believe Butch is seriously being considered. The reason Butch hasn't been hired by now, however, seems to be because other guys at the top part of the list are still at their current jobs. If Butch was number one on the list, an announcement would have been made. I feel like with President Frenk, he has made it clear to the athletic department that the best possible hire should be made in the best efforts to make us competitive again.

I believe the only 2 people higher than Butch on the list would be Herman first, then Chud. I'm not an "insider" by any means but it's pretty simple to see what's going on here by observation.

I do believe public opinion and fan outcry have forced the hands of the UM higher ups, and I respect the way this is being handled so far.

And crown Larry Scott.

And FU Cutcliffe.

Advertisement
Regardless of who they choose (hopefully Butch), they need to do their due diligence....

It'd be interesting to see how much money the university has lost due to underperformance over the recent years...

And, yes, kudos to Scott. He got it done even if it wasn't pretty - especially considering he has half the NJ rubbish still on staff...

I do believe Butch is seriously being considered. The reason Butch hasn't been hired by now, however, seems to be because other guys at the top part of the list are still at their current jobs. If Butch was number one on the list, an announcement would have been made. I feel like with President Frenk, he has made it clear to the athletic department that the best possible hire should be made in the best efforts to make us competitive again.

I believe the only 2 people higher than Butch on the list would be Herman first, then Chud. I'm not an "insider" by any means but it's pretty simple to see what's going on here by observation.

I do believe public opinion and fan outcry have forced the hands of the UM higher ups, and I respect the way this is being handled so far.

And crown Larry Scott.

And FU Cutcliffe.

I want them to take their time to find the RIGHT GUY. If we have another bad hire, we risk staying irrelevant forever. With that being said...BRING BACK BUTCH!!

Advertisement
Well, they can take their time and compare others to Butch. Due diligence.

Since the other choices that are practical can't measure up to Butch's resume, they can both use due diligence and still hire Butch.

They won't wait until December.

There are already so many teams looking for coaches, and will be another half dozen looking for coaches at season end, they know they have to have something done long before then.

And of course, we don't know what Butch's contractual obligations are to ESPN.

Chud would be a huge let down.. IMO.. If we're not bringing back butch, then we should go with Herman or something like that.

And crown Larry Scott.

And FU Cutcliffe.

Even if Butch is number one on their list (not sure whether or not he is) it is highly unlikely a hire would be made before the end of the season. I don't recall that ever happening in college or pro football (if I'm wrong let me know). It would almost give an appearance of collusion, which wouldn't look good from a public image standpoint. I think they are going to go through the interview process, do their due diligence and I feel pretty confident that Butch will end up getting the job.

Chud would be a huge let down.. IMO.. If we're not bringing back butch, then we should go with Herman or something like that.

I agree completely. I think Butch is the best candidate behind Herman. I do know for a fact though that both Chud and Schiano are held in high regard by some important folks.

Advertisement

I agree completely. I think Butch is the best candidate behind Herman. I do know for a fact though that both Chud and Schiano are held in high regard by some important folks.

I can kind of see why with Chud, but what has Schiano done to be held in such high regard?

Don't ask me. Quite frankly I think Schiano would be an awful choice. His connections inside the program and out more than likely give him that nod.

Would Butch accept the job now or wait till we get closer to the end of the season.
I don't think any coach would want to take over in the middle of a season.

Advertisement
Lane Kiffin was hired at Tennessee before Fullmer's last game, so hiring a coach before the end of the season has happened.

That being said, the job has been open for 8 days, even if Butch is the number 1 guy, we would be foolish not to at least do our due diligence, to see who is interested in the job and who would be the best fit moving forward.

Would Butch accept the job now or wait till we get closer to the end of the season.
I don't think any coach would want to take over in the middle of a season.

Butch could be named HC in waiting immediately, taking over December 1. Meanwhile he'd get a handle on recruiting and start to assemble his staff.

they will definitely talk to and interview some coaches that are currently coaching...that whole process of interviewing etc will take a couple of weeks so hopefully by Mid December we will have a new coach

Advertisement
I am big on Schiano because I watched a lot of his games at Rutgers. He excelled at all the criteria I like in a coach: Well organized, can recruit, excellent game day coach, always a trick up his sleeve, great developer, knows his ****, physical teams, very competitive teams.
Remember it was Rutgers. I believe he would be a equivalent of Saban here at the U and would be successful keeping recruits home. Also his coaches will know their ****.

I'm a Butch guy first too, but if we want to change styles and go younger then Herman and leave it there.

What other schools with a coaching opening have Chud on their list?? I'm gonna guess zero. Why is he on our list because he played here and coached here? I guess he is an offensive genius that isn't coaching anyone's offense. Better hurry and sign him because he is one **** of a hot commodity.

Chudzinski will be coaching the Miami Hurriaces or be an OC next year.

Don't forget, he was paid 10.5 mil by the Browns 22 months ago not to coach.

What other schools with a coaching opening have Chud on their list?? I'm gonna guess zero. Why is he on our list because he played here and coached here? I guess he is an offensive genius that isn't coaching anyone's offense. Better hurry and sign him because he is one **** of a hot commodity.

All that wonderful stuff and a 68-68 record to show for it.

Yipppeee.

I am big on Schiano because I watched a lot of his games at Rutgers. He excelled at all the criteria I like in a coach: Well organized, can recruit, excellent game day coach, always a trick up his sleeve, great developer, knows his ****, physical teams, very competitive teams.
Remember it was Rutgers. I believe he would be a equivalent of Saban here at the U and would be successful keeping recruits home. Also his coaches will know their ****.

I'm a Butch guy first too, but if we want to change styles and go younger then Herman and leave it there.

Advertisement
Back