USF & The 2010 Season; A Fixed Point In Time

View as article
Its crazy how that one game put everybody on the same mindset that it was time for Randy Shannon to go.

I wanted him gone after that *** raping by UVA in the last game ever in the OB.

Play hard, make it a competitive game and lose. I'm ok with that. No excuse for that performance (their TE just caught another ball in the flat by the way).

I knew Randy wasn't our guy after that.

Advertisement
Time for a new billboard to go up IYAM...
6.jpeg

337.gif

The beginning of the end Im told was the UVa loss, that's when the movement began from the higher-ups. The other losses I think were nails in the coffin

true story: I was out drinking with friends when we had decided to call it a night. As we were waiting for our cab, I saw on the bottom line that miami had fired shannon. I immediately hugged people I didn't know and began ordering shots to celebrate. Seeing as this was occurring in Albany, NY, there wasn't anybody that was nearly as happy as I was. I told my friends I was staying out as this was the happiest I had been in a long time.

I ended up staying out, alone, drinking incessantly until 4am. I somehow made it back to my brother's apartment, to this day I still don't know how because I was completely blacked out. At some point I woke up and was probably walking to the bathroom (or crawling, I have no recollection) and proceeded t fall downa fliht of stairs, suffering a concussion and broken acetabular aka hip.

Like all of you, I still hold a certain grudge/hatred towards shannon. Its only increased by the fact he is a former player/champion both as a coach and a player...but still he was so god awful as a head coach that he set our program back. Sprinkle in the fact that I fully blame him for causing a level of euphoria I have only approached a few times, which in turn led to me blacking out, which then led to me breaking my hip.

Even after all of that, I thank you randy shannon. For your inneffectiveness as a leader, failure as a coach, and overall ineptitude as human being has given us Al Golden. :neonu:

Advertisement
Back