USF Bulls Vs UM Hurricanes game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Not as effective playing in the middle, IMO. Hard to fault the D for anything today though.

And Morris was like 11-13 in the Maryland game and the receiver cost him a pick, Morris aint bad...

Benjamin has been a liabilty, cost us last game and almost this one...

Have you seen what some other qbs have done to Maryland this year? Morris' game looks like crap next to some of the others. That defense is atrocious.

Some early thoughts:

Our Oline is an embarrassment and easily our most underachieving unit. If you recall, Stoutland called this the best oline he was ever going to coach when he left to Bama. These guys are soft physically and mentally. They are gut-wrenchingly bad. Watching USF's Dline look like the '85 Bears was painful.

WTF has happened to Lamar Miller? He is not the same back. My feeling is that he's playing in pain with the same bum shoulder he's had since HS which is the exact liability that's going to cost him in the draft. I'll say it again, missing Storm Johnson is really hurting us. I would like to see Eduardo get more carries.

WTF has happened to TB3? He's just not playing focused ball which, at this point in the season and his career, is enough for me. Demote him, let him sit for a while, and let him regroup. His mistakes are killing us right now.

When was the last time we blocked a FG? Punt? We used to scare teams with spectacular STs play. Every FG was a threat to be blocked. That sort of pressure used to derail kicks before they were actually even kicked. It intensifies an already intense situation. I wish we would focus more on STs. Granted we're better in coverage, but we still have a long way to go when compared to the Soldinger-coached units of years past.

Props to Jacory for firing away today. He made some bone-headed plays, was late on several throws, but the WRs didn't do him any favors. No INTs today was tremendous.

The sooner we cleanse this team of Shannon holdovers, the better.

Advertisement
Short week no time to slack..
Hopefully the OL doesn't get car sick on the way home..
:eek:

Reading this game thread was like sitting in a ward full of tourette syndrome patients. Thank you wushah for reminding me it's a football board.

Some early thoughts:

Our Oline is an embarrassment and easily our most underachieving unit. If you recall, Stoutland called this the best oline he was ever going to coach when he left to Bama. These guys are soft physically and mentally. They are gut-wrenchingly bad. Watching USF's Dline look like the '85 Bears was painful.

WTF has happened to Lamar Miller? He is not the same back. My feeling is that he's playing in pain with the same bum shoulder he's had since HS which is the exact liability that's going to cost him in the draft. I'll say it again, missing Storm Johnson is really hurting us. I would like to see Eduardo get more carries.

WTF has happened to TB3? He's just not playing focused ball which, at this point in the season and his career, is enough for me. Demote him, let him sit for a while, and let him regroup. His mistakes are killing us right now.

When was the last time we blocked a FG? Punt? We used to scare teams with spectacular STs play. Every FG was a threat to be blocked. That sort of pressure used to derail kicks before they were actually even kicked. It intensifies an already intense situation. I wish we would focus more on STs. Granted we're better in coverage, but we still have a long way to go when compared to the Soldinger-coached units of years past.

Props to Jacory for firing away today. He made some bone-headed plays, was late on several throws, but the WRs didn't do him any favors. No INTs today was tremendous.

The sooner we cleanse this team of Shannon holdovers, the better.

Totally agree with everything you said. I was critical of Jacory, but I also gave him praise. OL was terrible and for the most part, Jacory did a good job.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back