USF 3pm ACCN

Advertisement
Premature post, great play in the 9th by Paige to get 2nd out
No. Great play yes. But absolutely terrible game management from Dimare.

Situation. We’re up 2 runs in 8th inning with 7, 8, 9 due at the plate when we go to bottom half of inning. Dimare decides to sub Paige for tuero in 8th (horrible decision). USF ties game on bomb. Paige goes to plate and is a automatic out. These are things Dimare needs to know and understand, you don’t sub Tuero out until the 9th inning, because he is due up at the plate after having 3 RBI’s. You sub him in the 9th and he still makes that play. Horrendous management yesterday from him and this is the play that stood out to me.

Not to mention our base running is the worst I have seen it in my lifetime

Situation. We’re up 2 runs in 8th inning with 7, 8, 9 due at the plate when we go to bottom half of inning. Dimare decides to sub Paige for tuero in 8th (horrible decision). USF ties game on bomb. Paige goes to plate and is a automatic out. These are things Dimare needs to know and understand, you don’t sub Tuero out until the 9th inning, because he is due up at the plate after having 3 RBI’s. You sub him in the 9th and he still makes that play. Horrendous management yesterday from him and this is the play that stood out to me.

Exactly!

Why do managers consistently out smart themselves? It’s the same as pulling someone like Del Castillo in the 9th for a pinch runner in a tie game with 2 outs...
...next thing you know, we end up in extras and Del’s spot comes back around with a bum in his place in a big spot. Happens all too often.

Played ball all my life. These stupid “defensive or pinch runner” replacements are pure stupidity. You can **** off a clubhouse when you constantly do it with sub par or questionable results.

You want to guess who the base running coach was and may still be taking on that duty?

Advertisement
A run of the mill, maybe a below average USF team, gave UM all they could handle. The sky may not be falling, but it sure looks like it is sagging quite a bit.

The sky isn't falling, but we all know how this season is going to end....in a regional. I guess that's an improvement over '17 and '18. :noidea:

The sky isn't falling, but we all know how this season is going to end....in a regional. I guess that's an improvement over '17 and '18. :noidea:

What, no prediction of an ACC championship, a trip to Omaha and a National championship? How dare you?

Advertisement
Back