USC vs Texas...

Darnold 6 picks in 3 games .

This is a problem people don't want to talk about.

Yes, some of his picks are deflections or bad routes by his WRS but he has to learn how to protect the football better. The way he carries the ball is also susceptible to a lot of fumbles in the open field too.

He does make out of this world throws that are on the money so it alleviates some of his his deficiencies but I am still not as sold as some people on him.
Not really. Top guys believe they can make the tough throws. A lot of low interception NCAA QBs go to the NFL and hold the ball too long, or wait for receivers to be NCAA "open"...and it doesn't happen.

Advertisement

Yes, some of his picks are deflections or bad routes by his WRS but he has to learn how to protect the football better. The way he carries the ball is also susceptible to a lot of fumbles in the open field too.

He does make out of this world throws that are on the money so it alleviates some of his his deficiencies but I am still not as sold as some people on him.
Not really. Top guys believe they can make the tough throws. A lot of low interception NCAA QBs go to the NFL and hold the ball too long, or wait for receivers to be NCAA "open"...and it doesn't happen.

Not really what?

I think he has to protect the football better. Even his coach would admit to that.

Not really what?

I think he has to protect the football better. Even his coach would admit to that.

Not really a major concern for a good NFL prospect. Yes, it IS a concern, but the ability to throw guys open is a bigger asset than the liability of believing you can make every throw (and consequently some really bad ones), imo. Reminds me of a Favre or a Jameis Winston. They'll still be good - great at times - but you'll have to live with some interceptions I guess is my point.

Not really what?

Not really a major concern for a good NFL prospect. Yes, it IS a concern, but the ability to throw guys open is a bigger asset than the liability of believing you can make every throw (and consequently some really bad ones), imo. Reminds me of a Favre or a Jameis Winston. They'll still be good - great at times - but you'll have to live with some interceptions I guess is my point.

I never mentioned anything about NFL prospects within my post. I am talking about his College career and how far USC will go with him at the helm.
The hands down favorite for Heisman is what I am really skeptical about.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back