USC To Retain Helton

Obviously I’m not a USC fan, and I don’t follow their problem closely, but it seems like he wins all the games he should win and loses the 50-50 games.

I don’t think he’s in the “Diaz” category.

I would say he’s below average, not awful.

With the talent that USC has access to with little competition as the big schools are out East (Clemson, Bama, UGA, Ohio State, etc...), they should be doing significantly better then they are now. Helton is certainly underachieving.

Advertisement
Miami has money. USC is just willing to spend it. I really don't know why some posters ramble on about how Miami doesn't have money.

What evidence do you have that MIA has money? The facts and the data say otherwise.

What evidence do you have that MIA has money? The facts and the data say otherwise.

Ok, what data do you have to say otherwise? I know that the ACC has a contract with Miami that pays it north of $20 mil annually. Let's also talk about the Adidas contract that Miami. To say the university is broke, which you're eluding to, is idiotic.

Advertisement
Ok, what data do you have to say otherwise? I know that the ACC has a contract with Miami that pays it north of $20 mil annually. Let's also talk about the Adidas contract that Miami. To say the university is broke, which you're eluding to, is idiotic.

In 2018 it was actually $30 million not $20 million. And like I said, that's before the ACCNetwork.

There is no data indicating Miami doesn't have money cause they have all they need and more. And their income will only be increasing dramatically this year when they start distributing the revenues from the ACC Network.

Is that why we currently have the 2nd lowest paid HC in the coastal, and 41st overall? Is that why MIA was the last team in the country to get an indoor practice facility? All P5 schools get money from conference affiliation, and many have apparel deals as well. Those two things don't separate MIA from the pack. MIA has chunk change compared to private schools like ND & USC. The only 2 private schools in the sport that actually have a legitimate chance of competing with public schools that have unlimited resources/budget.

Advertisement
Is that why we currently have the 2nd lowest paid HC in the coastal, and 41st overall? Is that why MIA was the last team in the country to get an indoor practice facility? All P5 schools get money from conference affiliation, and many have apparel deals as well. Those two things don't separate MIA from the pack. MIA has chunk change compared to private schools like ND & USC. The only 2 private schools in the sport that actually have a legitimate chance of competing with public schools that have unlimited resources/budget.

I think you're confusing "not having money" with "willing to spend money". Miami was paying Richt more than $4.5 mil per year which put his salary in the top 15 category amongst coaches. Manny's not making as much as he doesn't have as much experience. And given the results, I still think Miami's overpaying Diaz.

In regards to your comment about conference affiliation, etc... that doesn't refute or help your argument on Miami being broke.

The reason we didn't have the IPF is because our administration has been lazy and slow to react to the arms race going on in college athletics. We were lagging so far behind other schools it was ridiculous and only in the last few years, with the flow of money becoming so obscene, they finally put it to work and upgraded our facilities across the board.

It's no coincidence the moment Richt took the lead in fundraising we raised the necessary funds to build it debt free and just like that it was done. All it took was the effort and focus.

And there is a difference between not having USC and ND money and not having money. We may not have as much as they do but we have plenty to pay a HC $5 million a year if they chose to, they just haven't done it.

Sorry but I have to pull a Jagr and intercede here as I’ve seen you use this term incorrectly for days. It’s chump not chunk change.
Carry on, Warriors.

The difference is USC actually has money. MIA does not. Therefore they are a lot closer to being a dominant program than we are.

Yes we are a broke private school with zero money to do anything even though we have invested a kamillion dollars into our health program

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back