USC QB commit Jake Garcia to play senior year in the South

Advertisement
Been trying to tell yall boys bout Valdosta.

Some great football in the area.

Agree 100%

23 Georgia State Championships is a ridiculous amount

Besides having ALL of Lowndes County from with to draw players....It's also not uncommon for parents to hold their children back a grade so that they'll be more developed and better able to compete.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seems like a big risk there may not even be a HS football season. Will his dad get to keep the job? Will he spend the extra time learning to groom pigs?

Has been for decades
Most wins of any program in the state by almost 2 decades worth of seasons. And as far as I know, they've always played in the highest classification

1596719614904.png

My thing why Valdosta? If you were going to come play for the Hurricanes why not play for Northwestern, Miami Central, Plantation, Palmetto or Heritage?

Advertisement
My thing why Valdosta? If you were going to come play for the Hurricanes why not play for Northwestern, Miami Central, Plantation, Palmetto or Heritage?
It probably has nothing to do with a college selection. Because of a lot of factors, the South Georgia region probably will not delay a season whether you agree with that philosophically or not. Feel like that's driving that amongst maybe other things.

Agree 100%

23 Georgia State 6A Championships is a ridiculous amount

Besides having ALL of Lowndes County from with to draw players....It's also not uncommon for parents to hold their children back a grade so that they'll be more developed and better able to compete.
They compete directly with Lowndes County High so they don't get everybody. But South Georgia takes their football very seriously. I remember seeing Malcolm Mitchell and Valdosta play Colquitt County and the environment was crazy to say the least.

Advertisement
GHSA realigned and they play 6A ball for the past few seasons. But it is only a step down from 7A where they used to play against Colquitt, Tift County, Lowndes.

Oh yeah, ****. Stupid *** 7A, they got to get rid of it and go back to 6A being the biggest

Advertisement
Seems like a big risk there may not even be a HS football season. Will his dad get to keep the job? Will he spend the extra time learning to groom pigs?
Don't know, but he will be hearing a lot more about how the Canes are coming for another title and he would be a nice piece in the puzzle.

For a high school kid to leave Cali to the deep South is big. He's clearly open to playing anywhere in the country. I still think he's a hard USC commit, but if we could somehow have a spectacular season, it might be enough to get him to flip.

At least he won't be in USC's back yard for his senior year as his family lives 28 miles from the USC campus.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back