USC did it right

Advertisement
My friend, with all due respect reading comprehension passed U by huh? Read your original post, then read my response to that original post…and what I stated in my response to your original post (to include the stats) should make sense as to why it refutes your premise on Riley vs Mario…but then again reading comprehension isn’t a strong suit for U so maybe it won’t make sense afterall lmao
To be totally honest with you, I don’t care enough to actually read your drawn out praise of Super Mario and argue with you tooth and nail, which is why I responded by mentioning a few things I like about Mario.

To be totally honest with you, I don’t care enough to actually read your drawn out praise of Super Mario and argue with you tooth and nail, which is why I responded by mentioning a few things I like about Mario.
That’s what a person with no rebuttal/argument says lmao…but it wasn’t so much praise as it was facts to refute your notion that somehow Riley is better (debatable), Mario came into a much better situation/ program when he became HC at Oregon (false…but Riley sure did when he became HC at Oklahoma), etc…and if my response was drawn out what do U call your original post???? LMAO

RVA who is this turkey gonna throw out next, and under what name?...............guy is an ***hat..........and scared of Mario.......
The Maude’s felt OP was a USC troll/some kind of troll. Some still do and I can’t necessarily argue with that. That said, I’ve taken responsibility for letting him back on and seeing how it goes. I’ll actually lean on @Rellyrell here as to whether he thinks OP is a USC troll/troll. I’m sure Rell thinks the OP’s points of Lincoln Riley > Mario are valid. That in itself doesn’t mean he is or isn’t a troll.

Advertisement
The Maude’s felt OP was a USC troll/some kind of troll. Some still do and I can’t necessarily argue with that. That said, I’ve taken responsibility for letting him back on and seeing how it goes. I’ll actually lean on @Rellyrell here as to whether he thinks OP is a USC troll/troll. I’m sure Rell thinks the OP’s points of Lincoln Riley > Mario are valid. That in itself doesn’t mean he is or isn’t a troll.

Honestly, I’m the type that likes to discuss sports. I think the term troll has been taken out of context. I don’t mind other school’s fans coming here and discussing their perspective on things. The only thing I won’t tolerate is utter, and blatant disrespect or folks coming on to say “ah ha, u suck.”

Honestly, and being that I was thigh deep in battling all of the anti-Mario fans w/in this base that included long time posters, The OP is not saying anything many have already said. To be frank, when SC hired Riley I specifically said “Mario, leave now.” I said that b/c the free flowing pipeline UO had developed in SC’s traditional territory was going to be cut down tremendously. Furthermore, I do believe Riley is a better coach than Cristobal.

What I feel is that Mario’s strength is his connection to recruits & their parents, along w/ having an eye for OL/TE/DE talent. But, many privately told me that if we couldn’t out talent ppl under him, we would struggle b/c of his in-game coaching. So the OP, whether a true Cane or not, has valid points.

I’ll repeat my premise: Riley took over a 4 win SC team & immediately had them in the PAC-12 title game, & a NY6 bowl. Mario took over a 7 win Miami team & we immediately looked worst. So far, SC’s investment has paid immediate dividends, BUT that does not mean our investment is not going to be the better of the two long term.

This season, just like w/ all other teams I’ve peeped w/ new coaches, will tell me all I need to know about where we r. I’m not too caught up on W/L, although w/ the change in staff + an infusion of supposed talent, it would be a bit disappointing not to win at least 9 games this season.

With that said, I posted when ppl were clowning Norvell in 2021 that they actually looked like a competent FB team all yr w/ some tough losses. What happened in Yr 3? FSU wins 10 games + bowl.

My point is in yr 1, we looked dreadful; but, if we go 6-7 or 7-6 in yr 2 & look like a competent FB team, I will be hopeful moving forward. If we look the same as last yr, I’ll be very concerned. ****, even if we have a Diaz 2020 yr, winning 8 game w/ some luck, I’ll be leery. I’ll take the W’s, but it’ll leave me feeling uneasy.

I just want to see an improved product, but in all honesty, it’s too early to say who did this or that right or wrong. Regardless, this notion of trying to knock both Riley & Day as coaches b/c of “only” making it to CFP is another form of cognitive dissonance mixed in w/ a spoon full of sour grapes. It’s also the glass house syndrome.

While there aren't many posting it, there's a few who still think Mario is on Riley's level. No, it isn't debatable, Riley is a notch above for sure. As I said before, there's nothing wrong with saying that. It's okay to acknowledge others in the profession and it doesn't make one a lesser fan to do so.

Honestly, I’m the type that likes to discuss sports. I think the term troll has been taken out of context. I don’t mind other school’s fans coming here and discussing their perspective on things. The only thing I won’t tolerate is utter, and blatant disrespect or folks coming on to say “ah ha, u suck.”

Honestly, and being that I was thigh deep in battling all of the anti-Mario fans w/in this base that included long time posters, The OP is not saying anything many have already said. To be frank, when SC hired Riley I specifically said “Mario, leave now.” I said that b/c the free flowing pipeline UO had developed in SC’s traditional territory was going to be cut down tremendously. Furthermore, I do believe Riley is a better coach than Cristobal.

What I feel is that Mario’s strength is his connection to recruits & their parents, along w/ having an eye for OL/TE/DE talent. But, many privately told me that if we couldn’t out talent ppl under him, we would struggle b/c of his in-game coaching. So the OP, whether a true Cane or not, has valid points.

I’ll repeat my premise: Riley took over a 4 win SC team & immediately had them in the PAC-12 title game, & a NY6 bowl. Mario took over a 7 win Miami team & we immediately looked worst. So far, SC’s investment has paid immediate dividends, BUT that does not mean our investment is not going to be the better of the two long term.

This season, just like w/ all other teams I’ve peeped w/ new coaches, will tell me all I need to know about where we r. I’m not too caught up on W/L, although w/ the change in staff + an infusion of supposed talent, it would be a bit disappointing not to win at least 9 games this season.

With that said, I posted when ppl were clowning Norvell in 2021 that they actually looked like a competent FB team all yr w/ some tough losses. What happened in Yr 3? FSU wins 10 games + bowl.

My point is in yr 1, we looked dreadful; but, if we go 6-7 or 7-6 in yr 2 & look like a competent FB team, I will be hopeful moving forward. If we look the same as last yr, I’ll be very concerned. ****, even if we have a Diaz 2020 yr, winning 8 game w/ some luck, I’ll be leery. I’ll take the W’s, but it’ll leave me feeling uneasy.

I just want to see an improved product, but in all honesty, it’s too early to say who did this or that right or wrong. Regardless, this notion of trying to knock both Riley & Day as coaches b/c of “only” making it to CFP is another form of cognitive dissonance mixed in w/ a spoon full of sour grapes. It’s also the glass house syndrome.
That’s the type of answer I thought you’d give and I too am good with other schools’ fans on here within the context you described. I also agree with what you have said regarding Mario and Riley and where the two programs are at. Personally, I would not ban OP for being a fan of another team. I would ban him for being a hidden fan of another team and on here just to troll. I don’t know that’s what he’s doing but I consider you a person of high integrity and trust who knows USC as well as anyone on here so I am apt to defer to your judgement here.

Advertisement

You have to admit, while not unheard of, it would be highly unusual for a USC fan to invest this much time in UM. Mario was a blip on their post Pete Carroll misery tour.

You have to admit, while not unheard of, it would be highly unusual for a USC fan to invest this much time in UM. Mario was a blip on their post Pete Carroll misery tour.
Yeah, I have no idea why a USC fan would troll us. It makes no sense. It has happened but it’s weird. This board hates everyone but kind of likes USC in a weird way.

That’s the type of answer I thought you’d give and I too am good with other schools’ fans on here within the context you described. I also agree with what you have said regarding Mario and Riley and where the two programs are at. Personally, I would not ban OP for being a fan of another team. I would ban him for being a hidden fan of another team and on here just to troll. I don’t know that’s what he’s doing but I consider you a person of high integrity and trust who knows USC as well as anyone on here so I am apt to defer to your judgement here.
Ok with me, but watch carefully. That was not an opinion it was a Mario is useless breakdown ....read the OP again.
Opinion is one thing but throwing mud is another....trust no one but your mother....but watch her....that is my philosophy RVA.

Advertisement
Ok with me, but watch carefully. That was not an opinion it was a Mario is useless breakdown ....read the OP again.
Opinion is one thing but throwing mud is another....trust no one but your mother....but watch her....that is my philosophy RVA.

****, I guess that’s y I got trust issues b/c I fa sho don’t trust my moms! Lol. Chick has thrown me under the bus to save her own skin several times.

It kinda helps your situation immensely when you can convince the Heisman trophy winner and best QB in the country to join you at your new job. Not to take anything away from Riley because I do think he’s a great offensive mind, but if Williams hadn’t joined him I could easily see USC losing 5-6 games last year.

It kinda helps your situation immensely when you can convince the Heisman trophy winner and best QB in the country to join you at your new job. Not to take anything away from Riley because I do think he’s a great offensive mind, but if Williams hadn’t joined him I could easily see USC losing 5-6 games last year.

We had a projected Top 5 QB entering last season…

Advertisement
USC’s AD just resigned out of no where. Usually that spells fishy activities, even though he stated on-going health issues. I’ll be monitoring this joint, closely.
I agree. I wonder whats coming down yonder for Riley and company lol. Landing all that big fish via the portal the past 2 years. Just an assumption, but I could be wrong.

Advertisement
Back