USC and UCLA to B1G

I'm as big an SEC hater as you'll find but I like your future plans. Oxford is on my tailgate bucket list.

I think it's nice when dudes set out to hit up every MLB ballpark but I always thought doing a national tailgate tour would be much more fun- especially if you're looking for some smash some new/young ***.
I can drink beer, eat BBQ and have a good time with anyone. I was stationed in Little Rock and had a good time at Fayetteville and when they played LSU at War Memorial stadium. Figured while I'm there I may was well experience a few other schools.

Advertisement
Manny Navarro in his latest podcast said that Miami, as of now, has not approached any conference and no conference has approached UM for a potential move (I think and I hope he is wrong on this). He added that he thinks Miami could be left out of the two super conference scheme and that the only way that we could be more attractive is by replacing Clemson as the top dog of the ACC in the next couple of years (IMHO this is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while, what UCLA has done on the field to justify the move of the B1G?).
Other points he made:
- The best solution for Miami is a bigger ACC, he said poaching Cal and Stanford will be a good move from an academic standpoint (LOL who f*cking cares)
- It feels that this USC/UCLA thing stole the thunder from Mario's recruiting success (Ok, I was joking: THIS is the dumbest thing I've heard EVER).

What a bunch of BS.

Last edited:
Miami should be very desirable. Our profile is almost identical to USC aside from a slightly smaller median market.

Private school. Strong history & national following. Timeframe from last national championship, a decade and a half of mediocrity, and now a new financial commitment to winning.

Sadly my *** is getting sent to Biloxi for 5 months so I'm planning on hitting up tailgating experiences in Oxford, Baton Rouge, maybe Starkville. Don't think I could force myself to go to Birmingham.

Will drunk-post with co-eds half my age.
I’m not saying the SEC tailgates aren’t legit. I’m merely saying that there are B1G schools that can hold their alcohol…

And if I can meet you there, we’ll have a good time and represent accordingly.

I’m not saying the SEC tailgates aren’t legit. I’m merely saying that there are B1G schools that can hold their alcohol…

And if I can meet you there, we’ll have a good time and represent accordingly.
Oh yeah, I've tailgated at Beaver and formerly Byrd Stadium. Most people just enjoy having a good time and don't take the outcome of the game TOO seriously.

I partied with Domer fans at Hard Rock in 2017, plenty of good natured ball-busting but everyone was having a great time.

Advertisement
Maryland was an inaugural member of the ACC. I forget now. What precipitated their move to the Big 10?

Oh yeah, I've tailgated at Beaver and formerly Byrd Stadium. Most people just enjoy having a good time and don't take the outcome of the game TOO seriously.

I partied with Domer fans at Hard Rock in 2017, plenty of good natured ball-busting but everyone was having a great time.
Agreed. I’ve tailgated at PSU, MD and ND more than once each and other than getting a full unopened Fosters oil can thrown at me in College Park at an FSU game, I’ve left unscathed and had a great time most times..

I mean, it could be me, I’m extremely likeable, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

(I thought the swamp was lame compared to
Penn State comparing Miami games 🤷🏻‍♂️)

Manny Navarro in his latest podcast said that Miami, as of now, has not approached any conference and no conference has approached UM for a potential move (I think and I hope he is wrong on this). He added that he thinks Miami could be left out of the two super conference scheme and that the only way that we could be more attractive is by replacing Clemson as the top dog of the ACC in the next couple of years (IMHO this is one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while, what UCLA has done on the field to justify the move of the B1G?).
Other points he made:
- The best solution for Miami is a bigger ACC, he said poaching Cal and Stanford will be a good move from an academic standpoint (LOL who f*cking cares)
- It feels that this USC/UCLA thing stole the thunder from Mario's recruiting success (Ok, I was joking: THIS is the dumbest thing I've heard EVER).

What a bunch of BS.
I really don’t understand how people, especially someone like Navarro, can’t grasp that it’s either move to the B1G or SEC, or become a lower tier of college football. No one wants to join the ACC. Every other team in every other conference can see where this is going. It’s just baffling to me that some continue to say the best idea is to expand the ACC. WITH WHO??

Other points he made:

What a bunch of BS.

Manny's takes here are so garbage it's hilarious. It's about as dumb as thinking Eddie Nunez turned down the Miami AD job.

Does any serious person not think Rad hasn't had a back and forth with both the Big 10 and SEC? These type of deals are done in secret, and are only announced when pen is on paper.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Other points he made:

What a bunch of BS.
I listened to the first third of that podcast and it was one of the least informed 20 minutes I’ve ever heard. The guest was literally advocating for service academies as viable additions to save the conference. It was like listening to 9 year old boys talking about how cool it would be if Superman could play basketball.

Other points he made:

What a bunch of BS.

Did he actually say that?

Because EVERY SINGLE ITEMIZED POINT is wrong. Just completely wrong.

I listened to the first third of that podcast and it was one of the least informed 20 minutes I’ve ever heard. The guest was literally advocating for service academies as viable additions to save the conference. It was like listening to 9 year old boys talking about how cool it would be if Superman could play basketball.

So his guest is an attorney in Miami? I guess if you are a double St. Thomas grad (undergrad and law), the service academies must seem like football behemoths...

Advertisement
Other points he made:

What a bunch of BS.

People pay for this type of journalism.

I still remember how smug those two were before last season about people who wanted Manny out.

Basically, yes.

I listened to the beginning of that nonsense, and the main takeaway is that they KEPT emphasizing academics, over and over and over again.

Which is NOT going to be the primary driver here.

The Big 10, which has PREVIOUSLY used AAU membership as a benchmark, is desperate to take Notre Dame, which is NOT NOT NOT in the AAU at this time.

The SEC, made up largely of state universities in the southeast, has seen multiple member institutions rising up in the US News rankings, as state populations soar, more kids apply, and nobody in the southeast builds additional state universities. Texas is a great academic institution, and will be joining the SEC soon. ****, even POSSIBLE candidate for SEC membership F$U has experienced a bewildering climb up the US News rankings, going from a triple-digit ranking to a tie with Miami.

So with the Big 10 NOT being as academics-driven, and the SEC being "better" academically than ever before, I have no idea why those two clowns were focusing all of the "fit" discussion on academics.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

It's all about the TV markets. Everything else is a distractor.

Advertisement
Other points he made:

What a bunch of BS.

The best thing for miami is to add two more schools who suck at football

test guy GIF

Attachments

• D03F19C0-D6AF-4B9A-B84D-B3916B3C96BE.jpeg
    D03F19C0-D6AF-4B9A-B84D-B3916B3C96BE.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 21EE7CCE-7365-4E6C-90A3-4D08219A431F.jpeg
    21EE7CCE-7365-4E6C-90A3-4D08219A431F.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 164
I listened to the beginning of that nonsense, and the main takeaway is that they KEPT emphasizing academics, over and over and over again.

Which is NOT going to be the primary driver here.

The Big 10, which has PREVIOUSLY used AAU membership as a benchmark, is desperate to take Notre Dame, which is NOT NOT NOT in the AAU at this time.

The SEC, made up largely of state universities in the southeast, has seen multiple member institutions rising up in the US News rankings, as state populations soar, more kids apply, and nobody in the southeast builds additional state universities. Texas is a great academic institution, and will be joining the SEC soon. ****, even POSSIBLE candidate for SEC membership F$U has experienced a bewildering climb up the US News rankings, going from a triple-digit ranking to a tie with Miami.

So with the Big 10 NOT being as academics-driven, and the SEC being "better" academically than ever before, I have no idea why those two clowns were focusing all of the "fit" discussion on academics.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

It's all about the TV markets. Everything else is a distractor.
Yea Navarro basically took the position that Miami is likely out right now unless they win in the next 2 years and make a case. I don't really take his opinion seriously... he also stated that Miami had not been reached by the BIG/SEC or reached out to anyone to leave. This tells me that Navarro is naive/disingenuous since I'm almost certain that Miami would at least be reaching out and trying to coordinate an exit plan.

I always feel like he tries to throw in little jabs at Miami or at least try to put Miami down. Honestly I kind of wish he would just go cover a different team, its pretty clear that he doesn't like covering this team.

Advertisement
Back