USC and UCLA to B1G

Both conferences are in play, if anyone says different they’re full of ****. The sec wants Miami and so does the B1G
I believe (could be wrong), that both conferences pay all of their schools the same amount so outside of one conference potentially having a bigger TV contract, is there anything else they would offer to make Miami pick one over the other? Which other schools would come? Help with any costs associated to leaving the ACC? Team groupings in an expanded SEC/BIG10?

Advertisement
I believe (could be wrong), that both conferences pay all of their schools the same amount so outside of one conference potentially having a bigger TV contract, is there anything else they would offer to make Miami pick one over the other? Which other schools would come? Help with any costs associated to leaving the ACC? Team groupings in an expanded SEC/BIG10?
B1G new tv deal will be in the 1 billion dollar range. Crazy money regardless where we go.

Being that USC and UCLA was totally out of left field (**** so was Texas and Oklahoma leaving for that matter), who really knows what is going to happen?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Miami would kill it in the Big Ten.

The problem the Big Ten will have in the Super Conference world is it still doesn’t have many recruiting powers. It’s a ton of schools that have to go far away to recruit, and most are only going to do that so well.

It needs to add USC and Miami types that can recruit at a Top 10 level to go along with Ohio State.

Which is also why Miami would run through most of that conference. The money and esteem of the conference would allow Miami to lock down South Florida. And then it would be Miami playing Purdue, Minnesota, Rutgers, Indiana types most weeks. Wouldn’t even be fair.

I mean, it has to be well over 1 billion if we are talking $100M per school just by simple math, right?

Right now, the team distribution pre UCLA/USC was roughly $71m/school. However, it’s projected now adding the 2nd biggest media market, fully, that $71m will bump to around $100m/school!

Advertisement
If we do end up with 2 mega conferences and Clemson/Miami/FSU end up in the SEC the National Championship split between the 2 conferences since 2000 would be the following:

SEC: 19 (Alabama: 6) (Clemson: 2) (Florida: 2) (Auburn: 2*) (LSU: 2) (Miami:1) (FSU: 1) (Oklahoma: 1) (Texas: 1) (Georgia: 1)
BIG: 4 (Ohio State: 2) (USC: 2*)

* USC and Auburn shared the 2003 title.

Even if you take out Alabama you're still talking 13-4... Seems like a pretty big imbalance going into this thing.

Imo, we can’t go wrong w/ either conference. Personally I would prefer the B1G b/c

1. We’ll stay in harmony w/ the academic affiliation as the B1G will be boasting more top 70 Academic Institutions than any other conference

2. The B1G has more historic rivalries there than The SEC. In the SEC we’ll have UF; in the B1G we’ll have Nebraska, PSU, OSU (grudge), potentially ND, Wisconsin (grudge), and we’ll have the opportunity to play our mirrored brethren in SC

However, in The SEC we wouldn’t go wrong, either. It’s good to have options, and I would have no problem w/ either. In both scenarios, it will pivot us in the direction to hop in to the arms race w/ flush $$ coming in.
and **** the SEC…

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cook on ur feelings about going to the SEC, bro.
Yea man. It may be an inevitability at some point, but I’d prefer the B1G if given the choice….

And let’s be clear… we’ll be Miami in the SEC, not the SEC…and (not you), but I’m also not afraid of this turmoil in the least bit…

LFG! 🙌🏼

I’d be happy with either conference like most. Miami is a major TV market and draw. Definitely a desired school. Taking a step back and looking at things objectively in Miami’s best interest I believe that would be the SEC. I’ve never been a fan and absolutely hate the “SEC” chant. However, geographical it makes the most sense for fans and parents of players attending games. In addition, I’ve got no interest watching Miami playing Wisconsin in Madison in November or Indiana, Illinois, etc.

This is getting a little farther down the road, but it would be interesting if we went to the B1G, and FSU/Clem went to the SEC. It would make some amount sense if it went that way.

Both FSU, and now UF would have no issue with scheduling a yearly rivalry game against us. It will be all up to us to make both those games happen, and we really would need balls of steel to do it, seeing as of now, the SEC still has an 8-game conf sched, and the B1G has a 9-game sched. However I'm sure the SEC, will be moving to a 9-game sched soon enough for $ reasons. But, we'd still be using 2 of our 3 non-con games yearly for these rivalries, while they'd each be using only 1. I like the irony after decades of calling out the Gaytes for being pu$$ies

Advertisement
Back