USA Today names STA #1 in country

Advertisement
IMG #7, Narbonne (Jake Garcia) #14, Miami Central #15, Lakeland #22.

Guess the HC Harriot is not fazed by his fhsaa suspension. Not a fan of his and he’s no GSmith. Once a STA kid commuted there were no decommits.

The answer is right above your post. See what franchise said about STA and its the exact same reason why IGM doesn’t dominate.

IMG does dominate though...

I think they are finally a little down this year, but what do they have 1 loss in 4 years?

Not defending them and there's a reason they aren't allowed in state playoffs, etc, because they aren't an actual high school program...But they certainly have beaten all comers on the field, 1 loss in 4 years = dominate, esp against that schedule

Last edited:
Advertisement
Listen, man I'm Half-Rocket(9th and 10th grade) and Half-Patriot, so it's two schools that I could give a **** about, The West and CC. But I'm a realist and I consider my eye for talent to be pretty good. There is NO WAY that Central is better than NW this year. It takes a big man to say that. The West has the best team in Florida so they should be ranked accordingly...

It makes no sense because the major recruiting sites have a lot of those kids as high 3 and 4 star players for 2020 and 2021 classes, they are also coming off a state title run even though their regular season was meh.

STA probably has the most talent, like they do every year but the players are mostly mercenaries. Having STA on their resume' is a big deal for them, winning a state title isn't. The coaching is sub par as the staff has pretty much gone with the "out talent everybody" strategy. That's good enough to beat most teams but when they get matched up against some of these talented Dade public powerhouses, just having more D1 players isn't enough to win. .

Advertisement
I’m excited for these DMV teams to come down to FL for the opening games of the season

Listen, man I'm Half-Rocket(9th and 10th grade) and Half-Patriot, so it's two schools that I could give a **** about, The West and CC. But I'm a realist and I consider my eye for talent to be pretty good. There is NO WAY that Central is better than NW this year. It takes a big man to say that. The West has the best team in Florida so they should be ranked accordingly...

Just from an outsider's point of view...Does Central (who has a reputation for being physical running team for years...have the West beat on the lines though? West got the big 330 lber...But Central has Seymour, T. allen ,etc...

Just from an outsider's point of view...Does Central (who has a reputation for being physical running team for years...have the West beat on the lines though? West got the big 330 lber...But Central has Seymour, T. allen ,etc...
MNW just got 2 transfers from North Miami to sure up our OL in 2021 Albert Fletcher & Okino King (Okino is a legit D1 lineman that will get P5 offers).

But them ranking Central ahead of us is just based on recruiting reputation, not because of the OL. We beat Central **** near every year & have been back to back State champs & are loaded with talent at every position, while Central just lost their best CB in Jalen Harrell.

It honestly don't matter though, because when we 3 peat this year we taking our respect, not asking for it.

MNW just got 2 transfers from North Miami to sure up our OL in 2021 Albert Fletcher & Okino King (Okino is a legit D1 lineman that will get P5 offers).

But them ranking Central ahead of us is just based on recruiting reputation, not because of the OL. We beat Central **** near every year & have been back to back State champs & are loaded with talent at every position, while Central just lost their best CB in Jalen Harrell.

It honestly don't matter though, because when we 3 peat this year we taking our respect, not asking for it.

Crazy part is since the classification changes The West has a clear path year in and year out to win state title after state title

Advertisement

Oh I hear ya....I wasn't arguing Central doesn't seem overrated, just that I thought that was one curious aspect of the matchup where maybe it's even OR central does have the advantage, especially with NW losing Kancey, Fox, Brooks in the trenches ya know.

Advertisement
Lakeland went undefeated and curbstomped STA and is ranked 22nd.

If anything Lakeland and MNW are the top 2 teams in the state
Maybe it's based on returning talent?
I have no idea but maybe Lakeland graduated a ton of guys and are playing a bunch of inexperienced guys this year?

Maybe it's based on returning talent?
I have no idea but maybe Lakeland graduated a ton of guys and are playing a bunch of inexperienced guys this year?

They also added a ton of Polk County kids from other schools like Arian Smith and Gervon Dexter. Plus Lakeland is an historically good team program. I have no doubt that they are the favorite in 7A ball this year.

Advertisement
Back