Soccer US Mens Team Qualifies

Advertisement
Gag Berhalter did the very minimum that would get this team into the Cup. We will be in the bottom pot and will be spanked in group play. If my brother ran US Soccer, I could have coached This team to this outcome.

He's a corch, operating with easily the best talent pool in national history.
Overcomplicates everything. We got in, so that is good, but I do worry that we are going to squander this generation with him putzing around the sideline. The nepotism and cronyism at USSF makes Miami under Blake James look like a model organization.

Advertisement
Gag Berhalter did the very minimum that would get this team into the Cup. We will be in the bottom pot and will be spanked in group play. If my brother ran US Soccer, I could have coached This team to this outcome.
They will be in Pot 2, no? That’s what I read. Along with Mexico. Canada fell to pot 4.

Overcomplicates everything. We got in, so that is good, but I do worry that we are going to squander this generation with him putzing around the sideline. The nepotism and cronyism at USSF makes Miami under Blake James look like a model organization.
USSF and SUM do more to promote Mexico than the American game. You can quote me on this. It's as if the Argentine federation worked on behalf of Brazil. It's disgusting.

USSF and SUM do more to promote Mexico than the American game. You can quote me on this. It's as if the Argentine federation worked on behalf of Brazil. It's disgusting.
Qualifiers in Columbus, good, if not annoying. They can stand to cycle in Nashville, Charlotte, etc. to maintain home field advantage. Every cup final in LA, very not good.

Advertisement
Qualifiers in Columbus, good, if not annoying. They can stand to cycle in Nashville, Charlotte, etc. to maintain home field advantage. Every cup final in LA, very not good.
Play it in Cincinnati every time. Qualifiers should only serve to maximize the home team's advantage. End of story.

Play it in Cincinnati every time. Qualifiers should only serve to maximize the home team's advantage. End of story.
100%. They are too worried about ticket sales and public perception and not worried enough about getting the job done. I think the other problem is we have to and should play one way in qualifiers - as the aggressor. But I don’t think Greg is good enough at adapting in a simple way when we play top teams and need to be counter attackers. We shall see, which is more than we could say for the last cycle.

Advertisement
We should make it out but that wales/Scotland/Ukraine addition makes it a little trickier. F and G are the hardest though no real group of death.

Why is it not until November? Admittedly, I don't pay close attention, but it's usually in the summer IIRC. At least it was in 2014.

Advertisement
I think that was in the original plan. Shocked that it didn’t work out that way. This World Cup is an abomination of planning, waste, human rights, and just about everything else.
I mean, they did at least stick with the ****** stadium design.

How are we feeling about the US group draw (England, Iran and either Scotland, Wales, or Ukraine)?

The US should make it out of the group.
England is like ND in real football… always overrated and over hyped.

And being in group with Iran should provide motivation I would think. At least nationally there should be strong support for whuppin dat ***

Advertisement
Back