Soccer US Mens Team Qualifies

Very lucky with the draw. Should get out and a decent chance to advance a round in the knockouts vs group A top 2. Granted, Berhalter is an awful coRch soooooo we will see

Advertisement
I think we are in decent shape to get out of the group, but it won’t be easy. Assuming the full squad is healthy by the start of the finals, this will be by far the best 11 we have ever put on the pitch in the tournament.

But a lifetime of watching the USMNT tells me that no matter what we will underwhelm. I am going to set my expectations low and cheer the team every minute.

It will be interesting to see what this team is capable of IF the full squad is fully healthy. We haven’t seen our best lineup play together yet.

It will be incredibly important to have somebody clearly separate themselves as a go-to #9 over the coming months. Pepi, Pefok, ****, **** even Sargent - somebody, anybody please step up. We need you

I want our beloved USA to get revenge for the heart breaking loss to Iran in '98. We pretty much dominated most of that match but they got their chance and scored.

England and USA will be a lot of fun like 2010. Hopefully we can score a real goal this time instead of a keeper blunder.

Ukraine or Wales will not be easy. Ukraine has the whole obvious emotional thing going for them. Wales will take pride in finally making it back after many years.

Scotland sucks so I am not expecting them to make it.

England is like ND in real football… always overrated and over hyped.

And being in group with Iran should provide motivation I would think. At least nationally there should be strong support for whuppin dat ***
England has some serious young talent across the board. They also have Gareth Southgate as manager, so there's that, but their midfield and wingers in particular are really, really good.

The USMNT go from one of the easiest confederation to qualify to one of the easiest groups.

They need to win the froup to avoud Netherlands in the knockout stage. And then Argentina in the following round.
If Ecuador can beat Senegal for second place in group A that would nake it a lot easier in the first knockout stage game.
That should put us in a pitential matchup vs France or Mexico in the quarterfinals.

This is the golden generation and hopefully politics stay out of it and the best players are picked to participate.
The problem with Berhalter he relies too much on MLS players when he has at his disposal great players playing in great leagues all over the world.

The USMNT should get to the knockout round easily and with some luck could get to the semifinals. If they win the group and face Ecuador instead of Senegal in the knockout stage. Facing Mexico instead of France in the quarters would also be great.

This is my Dream lineup
But doubt Berhalter will take all these players.

Pulisic...........Weah.............Reyna
Musah.........Adams......McKennie
Bello....Mckenzie....Vickers...Dest
...................Horvath................
Backups
GK Steffen
GK Odunze
CB Richards
CB Palmer-Brown
LB Robinson
RB Araujo
DM Cardoso
MF De La Torre
MF Busio
MF Ferreira
FW Sargent
FW Pepi

Advertisement
Our draw turns out to be better than expected. England should beat us, but we will have a chance. Iran is not crappy and will be willing to die to beat The Great Satan. These are the kinds of games that give us nightmares. We should win but don’t be shocked if we get mugged and beaten. Assignment of the referee will be significant. I think Wales will get in as the Ukrainians have other things on their minds. Wales will have great motive to do well and they have a world level superstar-albeit a little past his prime.

So, short version, we should at least finish second. But, Gregg Buttholder causes me to worry that we will not get out. I will watch though.

Advertisement
Back