Urban Meyer on Miami Job

At the current rate of mope we'll have to move the entire university to another state.
Great idea... or to another county. How about move the football program north where real estate is cheap and build a real home stadium.
We can leave the BOT and Blake and politicians here.

Advertisement
South Florida has the best athletes, that is a fact.

South Florida does not develop their players to same level that other areas do, that is a fact.

These don’t have to be mutually exclusive. If they receive good coaching, they become stars.

Ask Jerry Jeudy, Amari Cooper, the Bosas, Calvin Ridley, Patrick Peterson, Devin Bush, Patrick Surtain II, Hollywood Brown, Zack Moss, DeAndre Baker, Lamar Jackson, and Sony Michel.

Now consider how many of these guys if ANY would have had the same career trajectory if they went to Miami.

All of them except for the bolded.
Every one else wouldve had the same trajectory.

We have had poor scheme fit and development at qb. But every last one of the guys are scheme fits whatever school they went to. They are **** near all 5 star kids.

Not a great job but a glamour job. His reason, a lot of Florida HS players are developmental players due to the coaching they receive in High School compared to the LA, Georgia, Ohio areas. He spoke on the high school coaches in some of those areas being paid more. Paid more as we all know sometimes equals higher quality.

Could this be a reason why a lot of our players are actually better in the NFL and don’t develop as much in school. Yes, some of it is on the coaching staffs we have had over the years.

Btw, this was say on Colin Cowherd show.
Haven't read all 9 pages of this thread, but I can tell you it's pathetic how poorly paid the HS coaches are especially in SoFL. I grew up in Miami, and have been in Georgia for years now. It's shocking the number of excellent coaches at the HS level I come across up here that are from Dade and Broward. The teacher pay up here is better as are the coaching supplements. The cost of living is also significantly lower in Georgia with rare exceptions.

5 of those were Miami between 1983 and 2001. And 2 more for FSU and one for UF in the span alone, so that’s 8 from that 11 in total, from 83 to 01. The state of Florida has fallen back big time in the last 2 decades (19 years)

the game has changed, friend. Clemson is recruiting South Carolina and Georgia primarily and they’re waaaay beyond stacked.

florida talent is waaay more raw and you’re mostly only getting WRs and DBs

THATS WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO...THEY ARE F*CKING LOCATED IN SOUTH CAROLINA BORDERING GA.

Clemson got to their real start throwing bags around sw fla. It was for a **** reason. They are knee deep in south florida for talents...EVERY CLASS. **** they already offered like 3 kids from my alma mater that are underclassmen.

Since your breakdown int he game changing...show me the Championships from UGA in that time period....or from the entire great state of TEXAS.

Urban himself dedicated his bag handlers to south florida...(note that deranged coach who went off the deep end for Urn)

Its Juedy and that’s it, and even though the hype machine says different, I am not sure he’s top 5 on their roster. And I know he’s not a top 2 WR on that team. Smith and Waddell are better, no matter what the hype machine says. And Waddell is waaaaaay better.

Ok you obviously dont know football so wont communicate much with you after this take. lol

Advertisement
I see what he's saying, but I'm not sure I agree about Florida players being developmental bc of coaching. Perhaps in terms of size and strength and conditioning, but that's about it. There's this myth out there that the coaches down here just rely on athleticism and don't know their X's and O's, and nothing can be further from the truth. Everytime one of these "developmental" high schools with the HC who's also the school's front security guard plays a school from Texas or Ohio with a HC who does nothing but coach and makes more than the principal, the Florida school seems to win.

You even see it when the big time private schools play the public powers down here. These coaches ain't dumb. They may not be the most articulate, but they know football.

very well said

You could tell Meyer wanted more advanced kids when Ohio State started recruiting Bishop Gorman heavily. That is probably the most advanced high school program in the country. The Buckeyes got the jump. Ohio State stuck their receivers coach and ace recruiter on the Bishop Gorman beat. I doubt it's much of a coincidence that our best true freshman recently was from Bishop Gorman.

This national championship stuff is a convenient argument but it is so fragile. I guess I could be silly and go back to 1984 and claim Nebraska, Utah and Colorado as recruiting hotbeds. After all, those schools combined for 5 national titles and connect to each other.

You're talking one play. So many of these title games are decided on one play. If Kenny Calhoun doesn't bat away the 2 point conversion I guess Miami 1983 isn't worth mentioning, despite leading the nation in the pivotal category of yards allowed per pass attempt.

Las Vegas is not fixated on national titles. That is one huge difference between when I talked sports there as opposed to online forums or fan conversation in general elsewhere. I guess the people who operate out of that city see thousands of games per year in all sports combined, so there is greater understanding of the random nature.

I saw a poster here ridicule Georgia because its last national championship was 1980. Be careful. I remember when 1980 was far in the future. And 1980 can turn into 2001 before you know it. Everyone else will be ridiculing us.

The conversation is going to include playoff berths. And conference titles. That is inevitable. It is logical. Just like pro teams and playoff berths. I have already seen it elsewhere on college forums. No kidding it isn't happening here because our number of playoff berths and conference titles over the past decade is the same as the national championship figure.

I don't have to change my mind very often. When I pointed out on Rivals and here that Florida high school football was looking less disciplined and less physical and more reliant on lazily springing athletes into open space, I wasn't doing it as part of an agenda. It was an inescapable conclusion based on memories ingrained from decades past. Urban Meyer is not operating from an agenda either. He is one of the prized coaching few who will treat a media job with deserved respect and answer questions fully and bluntly, whether or not those answers fall in line with conventional wisdom or what his prior fan bases prefer to hear.

You could tell Meyer wanted more advanced kids when Ohio State started recruiting Bishop Gorman heavily. That is probably the most advanced high school program in the country. The Buckeyes got the jump. Ohio State stuck their receivers coach and ace recruiter on the Bishop Gorman beat. I doubt it's much of a coincidence that our best true freshman recently was from Bishop Gorman.

This national championship stuff is a convenient argument but it is so fragile. I guess I could be silly and go back to 1984 and claim Nebraska, Utah and Colorado as recruiting hotbeds. After all, those schools combined for 5 national titles and connect to each other.

You're talking one play. So many of these title games are decided on one play. If Kenny Calhoun doesn't bat away the 2 point conversion I guess Miami 1983 isn't worth mentioning, despite leading the nation in the pivotal category of yards allowed per pass attempt.

Las Vegas is not fixated on national titles. That is one huge difference between when I talked sports there as opposed to online forums or fan conversation in general elsewhere. I guess the people who operate out of that city see thousands of games per year in all sports combined, so there is greater understanding of the random nature.

I saw a poster here ridicule Georgia because its last national championship was 1980. Be careful. I remember when 1980 was far in the future. And 1980 can turn into 2001 before you know it. Everyone else will be ridiculing us.

The conversation is going to include playoff berths. And conference titles. That is inevitable. It is logical. Just like pro teams and playoff berths. I have already seen it elsewhere on college forums. No kidding it isn't happening here because our number of playoff berths and conference titles over the past decade is the same as the national championship figure.

I don't have to change my mind very often. When I pointed out on Rivals and here that Florida high school football was looking less disciplined and less physical and more reliant on lazily springing athletes into open space, I wasn't doing it as part of an agenda. It was an inescapable conclusion based on memories ingrained from decades past. Urban Meyer is not operating from an agenda either. He is one of the prized coaching few who will treat a media job with deserved respect and answer questions fully and bluntly, whether or not those answers fall in line with conventional wisdom or what his prior fan bases prefer to hear.

LMAO...off head 3 of the most physical defenders to come in to the nfl draft recently are all from Pembroke Pines. Quit with the hyperbole. lmao

Advertisement
THATS WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO...THEY ARE F*CKING LOCATED IN SOUTH CAROLINA BORDERING GA.

Clemson got to their real start throwing bags around sw fla. It was for a **** reason. They are knee deep in south florida for talents...EVERY CLASS. **** they already offered like 3 kids from my alma mater that are underclassmen.

Since your breakdown int he game changing...show me the Championships from UGA in that time period....or from the entire great state of TEXAS.

Urban himself dedicated his bag handlers to south florida...(note that deranged coach who went off the deep end for Urn)

Why must I “show” you championships from UGA and Texas when I just gave you a clear breakdown from others. The state of Florida hasn’t been relevant in the CFP national title picture in **** near a decade. That’s just the facts, man. Things have changed. The coaching in FL is some of the worst in America.

The coaching, training programs and nutrition in Georgia, SC and the DC metro area are infinitely better than what you see in Florida. Florida coaching is like pee wee league coaching compared to those states. I mention those states in particular, because I’m very familiar with them

Also, I know the Clemson program really really well. My entire family are Clemson fans because I’ve had 3 family members play in that program, and my nephew is a true freshman (redshirting) there right now. That roster is mostly SC and Georgia dudes, flat out, and they mostly recruit that area. They cherry pick a few Florida guys here or there, but they aren’t “living in” South Florida. That’s just crazy talk.

Alabama, LSU, Ohio State...same thing. Those teams only have a handful of Florida guys on their rosters and that’s about it. UGA has 10 or so, and they’re an outlier for one of the top 10 teams. But that number is not really surprising since, you know, they share a border with the state of Florida.

The top 25 teams, on average, only have a handful or tiny fraction of Florida guys (if even that)

Last edited:
Myer is talking about the players work ethic and mental makeup.the focus the players have on preparing for a game etc.something we have witnessed with our players this season it is also the disease Diaz talks about.

Florida athletes are making big plays all across the country every Saturday.

Our shltty staffs are the only guys struggling to get them to consistently produce.
That doesn't address linemen who usually don't make big plays. Florida has always been behind, especially in OLs.

Advertisement
How is Jimbo doing with those ready-made Texas recruits?

I was talking about urban not jimbo. Urban is one of the top college coaches of all time i take what he says at face value. He has no reason to lie what purpose does it serve. We can clown jimbo but he went 7-5 in the toughest conference in football. Our fla kids lost to FIU and duke and scared to play la tech. This isnt just a manny thing its been going on for 15 years

Myer is talking about the players work ethic and mental makeup.the focus the players have on preparing for a game etc.something we have witnessed with our players this season it is also the disease Diaz talks about.

That's a copout...if that was the case why was Richt able to overcome "the disease" His first 2 years? Funny, but Diaz talks about "the disease" without going into detail, probably because He made that $h!t up.

JJ's staff liked Texas kids because they came in well-schooled. I imagine that's still the case. What HS's in Texas have Florida HS's played? Last I remember was Northwestern vs. that school from the Dallas suburbs, maybe 15 years ago. I think MNW won. (Jacorey, Aldarius Johnson, Tommy Street, Marcus Forston and Sean Spence, I think ).

When we've beaten out of state schools I think we do so because of better athletes, not better coaching.

Advertisement
Why must I “show” you championships from UGA and Texas when I just gave you a clear breakdown from others. The state of Florida hasn’t been relevant in the CFP national title picture in **** near a decade. That’s just the facts, man. Things have changed. The coaching in FL is some of the worst in America.

The coaching, training programs and nutrition in Georgia, SC and the DC metro area are infinitely better than what you see in Florida. Florida coaching is like pee wee league coaching compared to those states. I mention those states in particular, because I’m very familiar with them

Also, I know the Clemson program really really well. My entire family are Clemson fans because I’ve had 3 family members play in that program, and my nephew is a true freshman (redshirting) there right now. That roster is mostly SC and Georgia dudes, flat out, and they mostly recruit that area. They cherry pick a few Florida guys here or there, but they aren’t “living in” South Florida. That’s just crazy talk.

Alabama, LSU, Ohio State...same thing. Those teams only have a handful of Florida guys on their rosters and that’s about it. UGA has 10 or so, and they’re an outlier for one of the top 10 teams. But that number is not really surprising since, you know, they share a border with the state of Florida.

The top 25 teams, on average, only have a handful or tiny fraction of Florida guys (if even that)

Dude when has the coaching in south florida ever been good on the high school level?. Again you know alot about clemson...so you should know dabo had to come down and pay "recruit" kids to go up there...that kinda kicked off their good run. Also Clemson likely has 4+ florida kids starting next year off head. The dt their touting currently as the next best thing who went up there and took reps from upper classmen is from where?.

I know yall want to hate Florida soooo bad because we suck...but seriously now some of yall need to cut the sh*t. @Liberty City El these jits be wilding...

These ninjas think a roster from these programs will have 30-40 from the state of florida....and that they arent burning up **** near all their recruiting and bags budget coming down here evry year for a sprinkle of guys.

A&M has the following losses
- Clemson
- LSU
- Alabama
- Auburn
- Georgia

All of these states have good high school coaching. (Not 100% sure about Lousiana)

We would go winless with that schedule. And we prolly lose to vandy since we play down to our competition

That's a copout...if that was the case why was Richt able to overcome "the disease" His first 2 years? Funny, but Diaz talks about "the disease" without going into detail, probably because He made that $h!t up.
No. There's something wrong with the mentality of the players. It is obvious. I don't know exactly what it is, or how to cure it. Might not be there if we had a coach with a different mentality, like JJ or Howard.

it's not a copout.these players don't have the focus nor the work ethic needed.product on field reflects that.that is what Myer is saying about the athletes here.train halfa$$ play halfa$$.that describes our players to a T.

Advertisement
Back