Urban Caught lying..... Surprise!

Just my opinion, but I think you guys are reading this all wrong. Looks to me like they've gotten together and decided that the AD is more expendable than meyer. The AD will fall on the sword (for no/lax investigation ), will be taken care of nicely, and Meyer walks. At least this is how I see it playing out with Meyer's statement and the forming of the "independent" committee. Should have known it was in the works when meyer released that first statement regarding being put on leave by saying Gene and I have decided. That was his way of saying who was in charge.

Advertisement
Just my opinion, but I think you guys are reading this all wrong. Looks to me like they've gotten together and decided that the AD is more expendable than meyer. The AD will fall on the sword (for no/lax investigation ), will be taken care of nicely, and Meyer walks. At least this is how I see it playing out with Meyer's statement and the forming of the "independent" committee. Should have known it was in the works when meyer released that first statement regarding being put on leave by saying Gene and I have decided. That was his way of saying who was in charge.

Exactly.

They'll put all the blame on the AD and Urban will be on the sideline sooner than later. Guaranteed.

last gasp of a drowning man. that wasn't created as a mea culpa to the public, it was to the alumni. he's trying to leverage the boosters.

I’m not sure I disagree, but my perspective fleshes it out.

It was the first salvo, publicly heaved, in a possibly contentious negotiation, meant to signal to the administration that he will fight to retain as much of his contractual separation payment as possible. In other words, he’s publicly saying “hey, I performed by contractually obligated duties by reporting this to the proper internal personnel here at OSU (Smith, AD or whomever). Keep me, or pay me my money. Prove I didn't report it”

So I think with that, it’s become an adversarial negotiation between Urban and OSU, for Urbsn to either keep his job and have someone like Smith or whoever he claims he reported it to, take responsibility, or for Urban to leave with his buyout, or a fraction thereof.

That’s how I see it. And rebuttals or responses are welcome, but this is what I hashed out.

His written response is also, imo, incredibly hypocritical and contradictory because he claims to have high ethical standards and stakes the moral high ground.

Yet in the very same letter he uses weasel words and statements that never directly admit he actually lied in that recent press conference, but instead uses phrases like “failed” rather than straight up owning it, admitting it, and apologizing.

In addition, he now claims in essence “well I did what I was supposed to do, so it’s ok”...if people can’t see what a lying weasel hypocrite he is from this statement, then God bless them.

I think, I hope, he’s finally been exposed for all to see.

Last edited:

If you read my post, I see it somewhat differently since I actually think it’s a “keep me or pay me” part of an exit negotiation.

But your interpretation is also a probability as well. I’m just assigning my interpretation of his statement a higher probality.

Either way, I’m not going to lie, this is fun, because whoever is right, one thing is for sure, it exposes Urban as the scumbag liar and hypocrite he’s always been.

Bingo. This is what Gogeta and I were saying in another thread on the recruiting board. It really looks like this is being set up for both Smiths to be fall guys to lay all the blame. **** the way Zach Smith was talking about Urban in his interview last night you would think Urban is being considered for sainthood by the pope. Its setting up for OSU and Urban to come out of this in not terrible shape.

Advertisement
So as a leader/father figure/mentor he publicly admitted to passing the buck!!!
Absolutely no accountability for not firing him when he first assaulted his then pregnant wife. And when the bs continued he still kept him and “reported it”.
And said “not my problem now” despite the fact that he’s the boss!! Then he only fired him when he knew the news was getting out.
I mean this guy must follow the Genron book of leadership.

So as a leader/father figure/mentor he publicly admitted to passing the buck!!!
Absolutely no accountability for not firing him when he first assaulted his then pregnant wife. And when the bs continued he still kept him and “reported it”.
And said “not my problem now” despite the fact that he’s the boss!! Then he only fired him when he knew the news was getting out.
I mean this guy must follow the Genron book of leadership.
I think here in lies the problem for Urban and why I think a thorough investigation may get him fired.

If he followed the proper procedures and protocols why would he need to lie to the press about it? He could have just said during media week in Chicago that he will not comment on it and that he followed proper procedures and all of this would have gone away if he was telling the truth.

I hear so many people say that lying to the media is not a crime. Frankly, I don't care about that.

Him lying tells me there is much more to this than meets the eye.

I'm really surprised that was the response "they" put out, I had to have been reviewed dozens of times by their lawyers....right??

And I'm lol'ing the *st fans are giddy with the thought of the AD taking the fall.

Advertisement

I think the fact that Urban Meyer took the same coach, who he knew in 2009 was involved in domestic abuse, with him from Florida to OSU is something he can’t explain himself out of.

The fact that Urban was made aware that a wife beater was on his staff... only said to Zach “if it’s found out that you did any of this you’re fired” and pretty much went on about his day without getting to the bottom of it himself is something that can’t be explained away either.

He lied and said he didn’t know anything about 2015, but he knew that Zach and his wife have been in a volatile marriage since 2009. The wife had pictures of her beat the **** up, and Urbans wife text mssg exchange with Zach’s wife makes it clear they always knew she was getting knocked up side her head by Urbans best friend.

It looks like he was complicit in knowing that his buddy is a wife beater but as long as it can be swept under the rug it’s all good.

Total dumpster fire. I guess "failed" is now the new lawyer speak for "lied". When wife beater asst went on TV yesterday, Urban Liar had no choice but to issue the "failed" tweet claiming he followed protocol (whatever that means at OSU) while throwing the AD under the bus in attempt to save his own ***/or get big settlement. Doesn't help the AD with other **** show they have going on within the wrestling program. Penn State all over again....another barn burner of an article about Meyer at pennlive.com

It was a clear smear campaign. Timed right after he grilled fbi and announced run for speaker. The guy who accused him had a history of legal trouble including being sued for DEFAMATION, sueing OSU and used a fallen soldiers widow to raise money for a veterans fund but used the money to fund his own gym. She sued him also.

I mean seriously bro, a bunch of male college wrestlers were being sexually abused? Give me a break. It would be like saying a late 80s canes team was abused by the towel boy. The more likely scenario is the Dr (who also has been dead for 10 years) was a perv who would give out pills for a little peep show.

Why dont you try something other than google every once in awhile.

Meyer can rot in **** though and **** osu just for the record

Excusing sexual abuse. Probably a Big 10 administrator undercover.

Gym Jordan is sick **** and the Big 10 needs to be shut down, as does any school with the word “state” in its name.

Advertisement
I’m not sure I disagree, but my perspective fleshes it out.

It was the first salvo, publicly heaved, in a possibly contentious negotiation, meant to signal to the administration that he will fight to retain as much of his contractual separation payment as possible. In other words, he’s publicly saying “hey, I performed by contractually obligated duties by reporting this to the proper internal personnel here at OSU (Smith, AD or whomever). Keep me, or pay me my money. Prove I didn't report it”

So I think with that, it’s become an adversarial negotiation between Urban and OSU, for Urbsn to either keep his job and have someone like Smith or whoever he claims he reported it to, take responsibility, or for Urban to leave with his buyout, or a fraction thereof.

That’s how I see it. And rebuttals or responses are welcome, but this is what I hashed out.

His written response is also, imo, incredibly hypocritical and contradictory because he claims to have high ethical standards and stakes the moral high ground.

Yet in the very same letter he uses weasel words and statements that never directly admit he actually lied in that recent press conference, but instead uses phrases like “failed” rather than straight up owning it, admitting it, and apologizing.

In addition, he now claims in essence “well I did what I was supposed to do, so it’s ok”...if people can’t see what a lying weasel hypocrite he is from this statement, then God bless them.

I think, I hope, he’s finally been exposed for all to see.

Perfect analysis....this is exactly how I see it.

Prediction: Meyer will not be fired. His excuse of not being prepared for questions at Big 10 Media Day will be accepted by OSU. Meyer will make a public apology. Ohio State will make a show of protocols for handling accusations of sexual assault and domestic abuse.

I hope I am wrong and Meyer gets what punishment should be coming to him.

The difference in the Tressell case was Jim Tressell lied to the NCAA. Ohio State had no choice to fire him or face NCAA sanctions.

Dude this isn’t an AD thing , Urban has started a war with Osu. This has to do with the entire athletic dept, title IX dept and more. And the he has a clause in his contract about he can have no title IX issues.

I can’t remember the buckeye podcast it was, but one of the hosts wording was “ this is just getting started , it’s going to get uglier.

This was just an effort for Urban to word his apology to where he can get his entire buyout. And maybe have a career again down the road.

His only chance was start a war with Osu.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Prediction: Meyer will not be fired. His excuse of not being prepared for questions at Big 10 Media Day will be accepted by OSU. Meyer will make a public apology. Ohio State will make a show of protocols for handling accusations of sexual assault and domestic abuse.

The difference in the Tressell case was Jim Tressell lied to the NCAA. Ohio State had no choice to fire him or face NCAA sanctions.

He’s already a dead man walking , he’s done. He even knows it , it’s just about that money and saving a little of his rep at this point

The only problem is if something else comes up after the investigation by the independent board that conflicts with Urban's statement or even brings a negative light in another capacity (There could be other issues either related to Smith or to other coaches/players that have yet to be reported or worse-totally ignored.)

OSU really has an obligation to figure out what is happening here and if it is worth all the headaches to keep Urban around. The media is not going away. Neither are the loud voices who seek justice on such issues.

The only problem is if something else comes up after the investigation by the independent board that conflicts with Urban's statement or even brings a negative light in another capacity (There could be other issues either related to Smith or to other coaches/players that have yet to be reported or worse-totally ignored.)

OSU really has an obligation to figure out what is happening here and if it is worth all the headaches to keep Urban around. The media is not going away. Neither are the loud voices who seek justice on such issues.

i.e., the former Indiana coach presently on Urban's staff......

Advertisement
Back