Urban Caught lying..... Surprise!

Just going to step in and quickly say, Canes never do this type of nonsense if you're in some sort of potential legal entanglement with your job. This is sophomoric. Lawyers make their living off people naive enough to attempt to clear their name by putting a lengthy statement in writing. From their vantage point, the more you say the better. And if your attorney advises you to do it, fire your attorney and hire one that's competent. What he thinks is damage control to his reputation is only appealing to the handful of people who were already supporting him no matter what. This doesn't help him in court or with staying at OSU. Institutions do not operate that way. He should have either remained silent or allowed his attorney to make a brief statement affirming his innocence. His arrogance is ruining his career. He's done at OSU. Guessing Stoops is already on the Gulf Stream heading back home from Columbus.

Urban just released a statement saying he followed all proper reporting procedures when he found out about the latest incident in 2015

Advertisement
He’s taking a lot of people with him after that statement. The AD and the entire athletic dept is screwed.

They might as well call isis , because there’ll be heads rolling sooner than later.

Are you really surprised? What this statement did though is put pressure on the AD and higher ups at Ohio State now. Because from his own words, he went through the proper channels. If that's the case, why wasn't he fired back in 2015? Why was he only fired last week when the report came out?

I'm surprised that the is such an idiot for that exact same reason. This dude just threw OSU under the bus, admitted that he was lying in Big Ten media day when he denied knowledge of the situation multiple times, and who fired the guy last month knowing all of this. I mean Urban you dumb rock...

He’s taking a lot of people with him after that statement. The AD and the entire athletic dept is screwed.

They might as well call isis , because there’ll be heads rolling sooner than later.
The more the merrier.

Urban just released a statement saying he followed all proper reporting procedures when he found out about the latest incident in 2015

Urban Liar could not be a bigger scumbag.

Did anyone else notice a STARTLING omission from that letter?

Yeah, the Liar specifically says that he met his reporting (or non-reporting, if you believe the lie that nobody told him nothing) for the 2015 incident.

BUT HE SPECIFICALLY AVOIDS MENTION OF THE 2009 INCIDENT.

Which should be a separate Title IX case at UF.

He sent his LIFE COACH to talk the victim out of filing charges. URBAN LIAR NEVER REPORTED THIS TO UF.

He is a true piece of ****e.

Advertisement
He never said he didn’t know.
He said “there was nothing”.

From Big 10 media days:

Q. You said earlier that you were aware of the incident with Zach in 2009. Your inquiry into 2015 was unfounded. You couldn't find anything. Why fire Zach now if you had kept him on staff after 2009?

Meyer : I'm going to address the 2009 because I've been asked about that. In 2009 Zach was an intern, a very young couple. As I do many times, most coaches and people in leadership positions, you receive a phone call, first thing you do is tell your boss, let the experts do their jobs. We're certainly not going to investigate. It came back to me that what was reported wasn't actually what happened. And Shelley and I actually both got involved because of our relationship with that family and advised for counseling and wanted to help as we moved forward. 2015, I got a text late last night something happened in 2015. And there was nothing. Once again, there's nothing -- once again, I don't know who creates a story like that. And then this recent one was you press pause, it's something our team lives by, E + R = O, you press pause and get your mind right and step up, press pause and gather information, get your mind right, gather energy, and then step up to do the right thing. That's the position I hold. That's how we did that.

Sounds like they are going to try and set up gene smith the ad as the fall guy for this instead of urban

He’s gonna say that he admin didn’t want to fire him cause he was ole boys grandson.
But smith did tell his wife (allegedly) “ if I go down the hole program goes down with me” I just put another bag of jiffy pop in the microwave.

You can't polish a ****.....but Urban's really trying hard with that letter.

As the AD and the OSU Admin should know ....you cannot deal with ***** without getting some on you.

Bottom line: This **** isn't going to go down on the 1st flush..whether he stays or goes ....this gonna be a real ****** deal

Last edited:
Advertisement
So he stated that his answer at media day was wrong because he wasn't prepared to talk about...a coach he fired earlier. Lying to cover the lie. What absolute nonsense.

In the end though, this letter, IMO, is him bringing down the OSU athletic department. Good luck with trying to wipe their hands clean of his salary now that he's hit the ball back in their court.

He never said he didn’t know.
He said “there was nothing”.

From Big 10 media days:

Q. You said earlier that you were aware of the incident with Zach in 2009. Your inquiry into 2015 was unfounded. You couldn't find anything. Why fire Zach now if you had kept him on staff after 2009?

Meyer : I'm going to address the 2009 because I've been asked about that. In 2009 Zach was an intern, a very young couple. As I do many times, most coaches and people in leadership positions, you receive a phone call, first thing you do is tell your boss, let the experts do their jobs. We're certainly not going to investigate. It came back to me that what was reported wasn't actually what happened. And Shelley and I actually both got involved because of our relationship with that family and advised for counseling and wanted to help as we moved forward. 2015, I got a text late last night something happened in 2015. And there was nothing. Once again, there's nothing -- once again, I don't know who creates a story like that. And then this recent one was you press pause, it's something our team lives by, E + R = O, you press pause and get your mind right and step up, press pause and gather information, get your mind right, gather energy, and then step up to do the right thing. That's the position I hold. That's how we did that.
I got a text late last night that something happened in 2015. Nothing was there.

That statement was made at Big10 media day last week. His implication is that he knew nothing about the 2015 incident until he got a text about it late the night before the question. He fired Zack for violating his restraining order back in July. He’s claiming he knew nothing about the 2015 incident or would have fired him then.

Urban just said **** y'all they're coming for your head and not mine. Man... this is way more interesting now

"I didn't know anything, until someone else proved that I did. Now I remember that I actually know everything."

Urb Mayah

Advertisement
Made me a little sick reading this. He is supposed to be a leader of young men and shows zero accountability which is one of the biggest lessons a young person can learn. More lies. He lets hos teams get away with everything and puts winning above all else. Id be curious to know of all the laws broken by his players at Florida if any were around abuse and how he handled it.

Smith went on radio in Columbus and denied hitting his wife or that Meyers were involved. Spin zone, baby

Urban said he didn’t know anything, then said he did and reported it, now Zack Smith is saying neither Urban nor Shelley were involved.

I guess that payment was too late for Zack and Urban to get their stories together

Link

Advertisement
Let me point something out.

These texts are from Courtney Smith's phone.

But the other side of the texts are on Zach Smith's phone. Which is almost certainly (because of NCAA rules and internal control purposes) an Ohio-State-owned cell phone.

Ohio State (including Urban Liar) knew, or could have easily known, if they had properly reported and investigated this.

Urban Liar and the the Athletic Director will most likely both be canned for this.

Does anyone think these are the only texts?

McMurphy has a treasure trove of texts. He's giving Urban Liar and Zach Smith enough rope to hang themselves, and then he tugs on the rope as he releases the texts one by one by one...

Advertisement
Back