Urban Caught lying..... Surprise!

At first I thought there is no way Urban gets fired, the more info that comes out, I don’t know how he survives at OSU.

I know Urban has family connections to his family, but Jesus why stick your neck out for a GA at the time and WR coach.

Advertisement
shelly actually never confirmed that she told him, only that she would tell him. the texts about urban knowing and wondering what to do were with another staffer's wife.

that all being said, unless every single coach at osu and their wives are morally bankrupt enough to never approach meyer once about a serial domestic abuser on their staff, there's no chance in **** that he didn't know.

Though there is no confirmation she told him, you would have a hard time convincing the higher ups at OSU that Shelly Meyer, knowing one of her husband's assistant coaches was abusing his wife, didn't relay that information back to Urban.

Whats the problem?

I think it's bull**** that Urban Meyer is being punished because another man beat his own wife.

Tons of guys I work with probably beat their wives.

I'm not going to do anything about it.
Thing is u not a football coach....two different things and a different time. If he knew somebody was getting bodied he shoukd of got rid of him. This isnt someone whos hooked on drugs its a dude who is beating the fuq out of his female. Urbans is all about wins its why a psychopath and murderer was allowed on his gator team because he was a good player despite the warning signs.

Meyer admittedly that while at UF he and his wife “counseled” this young couple, aka, it was already on their radar in 2009

At first I thought there is no way Urban gets fired, the more info that comes out, I don’t know how he survives at OSU.

I know Urban has family connections to his family, but Jesus why stick your neck out for a GA at the time and WR coach.
That guy mist of been the bag man or something or he really liked the dude

Advertisement
Though there is no confirmation she told him, you would have a hard time convincing the higher ups at OSU that Shelly Meyer, knowing one of her husband's assistant coaches was abusing his wife, didn't relay that information back to Urban.

agreed 100%. there's maybe a fraction of a percent of a chance that he somehow didn't know what was happening despite apparently everyone else and their mother knowing.

The GA/WR coach is the grandson of former OSU coach Earl Bruce, who is Urban's mentor and gave him his first coaching job in college as a grad assistant in 1986/87.

My point is they can but they don't have to.
Yes they do. Sorry man, but since penn st, Michigan st, Ohio state has some accusations along those lines in another case as we speak. Title IX ain’t nothing to mess with. Urban gotta go. He was obligated as a state school employee as well as contracturally to report it

why wouldn't they? this isn't the 90s or even early 2000s where you can sweep domestic violence under the rug, especially when it involves someone that is a serial abuser. even if meyer is totally innocent, ohio state is tainted for having him unless courtney smith comes out and says she fabricated the entire thing. this can get them off clean without spending another dime.

I laugh when people say stuff like this.

It was ok to beat your wife in the 90's?

LOL, alright buddy.

Advertisement
The GA/WR coach is the grandson of former OSU coach Earl Bruce, who is Urban's mentor and gave him his first coaching job in college as a grad assistant in 1986/87.
I knew that but still. If Urban overlooked the first assault then fine, you get a free one, but this was habitual, no reason for Urban to take on that risk, cut bait

Advertisement
I'm just being honest.

What a world we live in that some guy could lose his job because another man beat his own wife.

the same world where a guy loses his job for violating the terms of his employment contract. moral issues aside, if urban even heard a whisper of the 2015 incident and failed to report it, he directly broke his contract.

title ix and clery act are drilled into the head of every university administrator at every federally-funded school across the country because the school is at risk of losing that funding if they violate the regulation. it's not a really hard concept to grasp.

assuming all of the texts are authentic, urban and shelly meyer have clearly violated the title ix guidelines at ohio state.

Advertisement
I'm just being honest.

What a world we live in that some guy could lose his job because another man beat his own wife.
So can a coach lose his job if one of his assistants is giving impermissible benefits to recruits. If not then I understand your competency.

I laugh when people say stuff like this.

It was ok to beat your wife in the 90's?

LOL, alright buddy.

It wasn't OK. But most people didn't do anything about it.

Once we had slavery. Then we got rid of slavery.

Times change.

Advertisement
Back