Urban Caught lying..... Surprise!

Advertisement
For a minute I thought this was the same Urban Meyer that worked for ESPN as a respected former coach and analyst, no one with that much baggage could have gotten a job at ESPN...silly me.

The damage is already done. In a year nobody will care. The jokes will still be there but it will be an afterthought. They might as well keep him around and win some games.

The damage is already done. In a year nobody will care. The jokes will still be there but it will be an afterthought. They might as well keep him around and win some games.
What is going on here mods?

Advertisement
I wouldn't put a lot of stock in this. Isn't James O'Keefe III the same guy who has been caught "selectively editing" videos to make people look like they are saying and/or doing things that they are not actually saying or doing?

James O'Keefe - SourceWatch

No. Pretty much the only knock on O'Keefe is that he recorded people without their permission in a state where it is illegal to do so, California I think. PlannedParenthood claimed he selectively edited the video, then O'Keefe released the unedited copy to show that the only edits were for time, and things unrelated to his investigation.

He's most notable for shutting down ACORN's government funded voter registration drives leading up to the 2008 election by posing as a foreign *** trafficker and having ACORN counsel him on how to avoid paying taxes on his illicit income. They actually told him he could write it off as a business expense.

Whats the problem?

I think it's bull**** that Urban Meyer is being punished because another man beat his own wife.

Tons of guys I work with probably beat their wives.

I'm not going to do anything about it.
Well other than the fact that you are clearly a POS. His job actually explicitly states he is required to report incidents that he has knowledge of.

Advertisement
I guess I'm the only one that feels it's not Urban's job to go report his friend's drama to the police. People fight and get back together everyday B.

This is not just drama. This is alleged domestic battery. Repeated pattern of physically abusive and threatening behavior. It's a sick cycle and true sometimes the victim can't see their way out of it and enables it, but someone has to put a stop to it. Meyer would have at least had an ethical duty to report it, if not a legal one.

Well other than the fact that you are clearly a POS. His job actually explicitly states he is required to report incidents that he has knowledge of.

I'm a piece of **** because I don't get involved in other people's marriages?

Do you get involved in your coworkers marriages if there's something going on you don't like?

Kinda creepy if you ask me.

His wife is going to have to fall on the sword and convince whomever that she never told this scumbag...

Going to be a tough sell.

Isn't wife an employee at OSU as well? Even if she admits reporting it to Urban she may not be off the hook.

Isn't wife an employee at OSU as well? Even if she admits reporting it to Urban she may not be off the hook.

if by some incredible chance she never mentioned a concern of it to urban, she violated title ix by not reporting it. shelly meyer is completely screwed no matter what happens to urban.

Advertisement
if by some incredible chance she never mentioned a concern of it to urban, she violated title ix by not reporting it. shelly meyer is completely screwed no matter what happens to urban.

The likelihood that she didn't tell Urban is near 0% in my opinion, especially since texts show that she told Courtney Smith that she would tell her husband.

Whats the problem?

I think it's bull**** that Urban Meyer is being punished because another man beat his own wife.

Tons of guys I work with probably beat their wives.

I'm not going to do anything about it.

if urban even heard a rumor of smith beating his wife he was contractually obligated to report it to the title ix office per the terms of his extension. ohio state can fire him with cause. whether they will do that or settle with him to prevent other dirt from coming out is another story.

The likelihood that she didn't tell Urban is near 0% in my opinion, especially since texts show that she told Courtney Smith that she would tell her husband.

shelly actually never confirmed that she told him, only that she would tell him. the texts about urban knowing and wondering what to do were with another staffer's wife.

that all being said, unless every single coach at osu and their wives are morally bankrupt enough to never approach meyer once about a serial domestic abuser on their staff, there's no chance in **** that he didn't know.

Advertisement
if urban even heard a rumor of smith beating his wife he was contractually obligated to report it to the title ix office per the terms of his extension. ohio state can fire him with cause.

My point is they can but they don't have to.

shelly actually never confirmed that she told him, only that she would tell him. the texts about urban knowing and wondering what to do were with another staffer's wife.

that all being said, unless every single coach at osu and their wives are morally bankrupt enough to never approach meyer once about a serial domestic abuser on their staff, there's no chance in **** that he didn't know.

Why would a woman go tell her husband's boss that they got in a fight?

That's some hillbilly ****.

My point is they can but they don't have to.

why wouldn't they? this isn't the 90s or even early 2000s where you can sweep domestic violence under the rug, especially when it involves someone that is a serial abuser. even if meyer is totally innocent, ohio state is tainted for having him unless courtney smith comes out and says she fabricated the entire thing. this can get them off clean without spending another dime.

Why would a woman go tell her husband's boss that they got in a fight?

That's some hillbilly ****.

by "got in a fight" do you mean "he kicked the **** out of her?"

i dunno, maybe because she doesn't like getting slapped by her husband and talking to the guy he looks up to would possibly help alleviate that. just a thought.

Advertisement
Back