Upperclassmen

canesstevealum08

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium
Say what you want about Gino. Yes he has
His shortcomings, our offensive approach usually sucks. However, lala, Gil toral adc haven’t bought in this year. They seem frustrated they weren’t drafted last year and have mailed it in.

This team just got shut out by a below 500 uva team after being swept by an average, albeit hot FSU team. Where’s the pride? Say what you want about last years team being swept by uf but I was pretty certain they’d end up in Omaha. This year’s team is just going through the motions. Gino’s tried every lineup & rotation change these guys don’t seem to want it.

Advertisement
His shortcomings, our offensive approach usually sucks. However, lala, Gil toral adc haven’t bought in this year. They seem frustrated they weren’t drafted last year and have mailed it in.

This team just got shut out by a below 500 uva team after being swept by an average, albeit hot FSU team. Where’s the pride? Say what you want about last years team being swept by uf but I was pretty certain they’d end up in Omaha. This year’s team is just going through the motions. Gino’s tried every lineup & rotation change these guys don’t seem to want it.
I get what you’re trying to say, but these are typical Gino results, so it’s hard to find an excuse for him. Notice how the great coaches never have teams that just mail it in.

In one and a half seasons? Are you serious? The guy got us to a regional and who knows what happens last year. Did you expect more in 2019 with those local freshmen? Like what hosting? What’s a “typical Gino result?” He’s been in charge since 2019 unless you feel he was in charge Morris last 3 years?

Advertisement

You do not improve your draft stock by mailing it in. You comeback more determined and work harder. Those guys all know that. Its more about the offense approach sucks. This is a mediocre baseball team. Another team not developing its talent. Sound familiar?

I'm def frustrated with this season and I also wasn't a fan of the Gino hire but seems kinda dumb for these players to purposely mail it in bc they didn't get drafted last yr...all that would do is cost them a chance to get drafted high this year. ADC wasn't even draft eligible last yr. I just think this team isn't as good as we thought/hoped...the freshmen starters have also looked a little more like freshmen the past few starts

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anyone white knighting for Gino just isn’t aware that he has been running the team for years. Errors, bad base running, and zero clutch hitting are all staples of a GinoDiMare baseball program.

Anyone white knighting for Gino just isn’t aware that he has been running the team for years. Errors, bad base running, and zero clutch hitting are all staples of a GinoDiMare baseball program.
Even if he were fired, which is a one-in-a trillion chance, I bet they'd just go with Arteaga, which is the same thing.

In one and a half seasons? Are you serious? The guy got us to a regional and who knows what happens last year. Did you expect more in 2019 with those local freshmen? Like what hosting? What’s a “typical Gino result?” He’s been in charge since 2019 unless you feel he was in charge Morris last 3 years?
He made a regional? At Miami? How noble.

In general, and let's see what happens with the changes CMD made, our sports programs are mediocre at best. Nothing more and nothing less.

Our Athletic Director is responsible.

If the President is ok with it then this is what we get.

Advertisement
They mailed it in, or they’re just not that good this year?

Not that good? You telling me both of these teams went from 25 wins each last year, to a combined 22 wins this year. Because they "just aren't that good"? Duke in particular hasn't won less than 20 games since 1995. Kentucky has never won less than 20 games under Calipari (12 seasons). This year, both of those teams, with legendary established coaches, and at least 4 players each at 5*, looked just as average and unmotivated as the Miami basketball program with 7-8 players. Duke actually lost to Miami, which is pretty comparable to Miami baseball losing to FAU baseball.

Not that good? You telling me both of these teams went from 25 wins each last year, to a combined 22 wins this year. Because they "just aren't that good"? Duke in particular hasn't won less than 20 games since 1995. Kentucky has never won less than 20 games under Calipari (12 seasons). This year, both of those teams, with legendary established coaches, and at least 4 players each at 5*, looked just as average and unmotivated as the Miami basketball program with 7-8 players. Duke actually lost to Miami, which is pretty comparable to Miami baseball losing to FAU baseball.
That’s great, but you have yet to prove that the players “mailed it in”, which is the current excuse being made for Gino DiMare.

FYI, Kentucky and Duke were both relying on true freshmen to carry their basketball teams this year. Miami’s baseball team is loaded with experience.

Advertisement
FYI, Kentucky and Duke were both relying on true freshmen to carry their basketball teams this year. Miami’s baseball team is loaded with experience.

C'mon man. They rely on true freshman nearly every year or every other year. This is NOTHING new to their current head coach. Yet, and still, he had his worst season in over 2 decades. So yeah, something has happened in that locker room cuz it ain't from lack of talent, and it ain't the head coach.

As it compares to Miami baseball, we've had some embarrassing performances...but you can say the same for Duke/Kentucky's year as a whole. At least let the season play out before we dump on him.

Exactly. Signing the #1 class is great and all but I guarantee that talented class will have the same ****** approach at the plate, be awful on the base paths, and make errors on routine plays

C'mon man. They rely on true freshman nearly every year or every other year. This is NOTHING new to their current head coach. Yet, and still, he had his worst season in over 2 decades. So yeah, something has happened in that locker room cuz it ain't from lack of talent, and it ain't the head coach.

As it compares to Miami baseball, we've had some embarrassing performances...but you can say the same for Duke/Kentucky's year as a whole. At least let the season play out before we dump on him.
Why do you expect this season to end any differently than the previous 19? And when this season ends with a thud, will you finally believe me?

Advertisement
Back