Upperclassmen moving forward

skeeter

Junior
Premium
We know it's going to be the mother of all portal years in CFB...Listing tiers for who I want to see stay next year (Diaz has a tendency to play bum upperclassmen) and who I don’t want to. Not listing kids burred on depth chart or who I think will def stay (J.Miller for instance has a nice shot next year to have a big last year)/... Counting Brooks as gone.

**** no Category by themselves: (I never want to see these kids play at um again)
Ivey
Jennings
-----------

No unless they realize they are clear backups: (Diaz has a problem making this decision)
Gaynor. (Because Clark is better and I know Diaz won’t sit Gaynor)
Hall (gave up…was big fan)
C. Harris- d onMt mind him, just don’t want him stealing studs’ carries
-----------

Neutral but meh:
Steed (Again, I don’t mind him…But Diaz is too loyal to these types while more athletic backers can’t see the field)
Blades - We could use him but ot sure he’s interested in football anymore?? partially all the injuries and health stuff but the kid has always seemed to as interested with his off the field/ brand stuff/very active on social media
--------

Could help but not "must":
Frierson- If J. Williams stays safety, and Harrell does too or remains a non-factor…We need him or portal to compete with Chase Smith next year at striker.

D. Johnson- has taken step forward last 2-3 games, finally getting some pressure. Again as a top 4 type ok… I don’t want kids to sit behind these types like he’s a bona fide starter though

Mallory

Please come back: (First Two can REEEEALLLY Make a difference on the team text year)
Stevenson- (He could have a big November, playing well after sloppiness early)

Nelson- (doubt he leaves, can bet a top 10 LT in the nation next year, like some hyped him to be next year…He’s not perfect, but he has developed into a slightly above average LT who can take next step).

Silvera- Maybe not PLEASE/or as urgent as other two…Because unlike LT/CB we have some youngsters to be excited about at DT...I think he can sneak in mid/late rds…And could see why he’d take that shot as unlike some of these kids, he’s played a lot of quality football at UM. Decent career here. But would definitely welcome back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I 100% agree on the ones you said all need to come back. I think Frierson is in that category as well. Mallory Id say is a must as well as we dont really have anything to back up Arroyo.

Nesta will legit go UDFA he tries to turn pro. And i wont even care, dude has always been overrated, more snaps for LT next year

Advertisement
Counting down the minutes until they leave:
96, 44, 26, 55, 8, 5

We will be better when they have moved on. They are bad football players at this level

Rambo and Stevenson are making a case to be late round draft picks I'm afraid.

I'm guessing as well. These portal guys look to the transfer year being their contract year right before they bolt. I hope they stay (esp TS)

Advertisement
Add Huff to this of guys that need to kick rocks dude has done nothing at UM but commit penalties.

Looking at the way recruiting is going this year. Many of those guys may be encouraged to stay by Manny if he’s still here. No recruits coming in to fill those spots. Transfer portal will get tougher as more and more P5 schools begin to invade it. Those spots if anything will be filled with more plan b and c kids from the portal and recruiting. Now I can see a new coach coming in and telling a lot of these guys look else where.

We need Steed to come back. He'll be better next year as he gets further and further away from those injuries. Still need some portal help but Steed has been pretty consistent compared to the rest of the group.
He and Keontra have emerged as our 2 best LBs so getting them on the field together makes sense.

Advertisement
Counting down the minutes until they leave:
96, 44, 26, 55, 8, 5

We will be better when they have moved on. They are bad football players at this level
I think Ford has had an adequate career, more so against the run...But a lot of time he's off field in obvious pass situations aqnyway

Don't get me wrong he's not a starter on any top 10-15 defense. But he would be an adequate 2nd string dt on most defense last 2 years. He's done his job just not a star. He's like a slightly better version of Steed at DT

I cannot wait til I never see 44 or 8 on a field again for UM (Pope was there too)...Gaynor and Hall are close to that level as well.

I would have liked to seen more of Brooks off the injury...And imo need to see more of TAC, Huff, or frosh LB RIGHT NOW...If we were getting even adequate LB play it would be different. Our traditional WLB play STUNK with Smith out...And our MLB play has stunk for 2 years.

Advertisement
When guys transfer to UM for playing time and go in the draft the next year that helps us stay a great transfer destination.

If they aren’t getting drafted then people think twice about coming. I’ll be happy for them if they make it.

Would be cool if they come back and elevate even more and go higher in the draft but can’t fault them for taking the money of their agents are telling them they’ll have guaranteed draft placements

We need Steed to come back. He'll be better next year as he gets further and further away from those injuries. Still need some portal help but Steed has been pretty consistent compared to the rest of the group.
Steed should be a role player coming off the bench. Give us 10-15 snaps a game. We problem is we are asking him to be a starter and game changer.

Where does Steed think he's gonna go? isnt it basically a sure thing he comes back..?

Advertisement
Back