Upon Further Review- Virginia

View as article
34-png.99468

You got knocked the **** out, man!!

I'm just surprised Miami wasn't given a penalty for taunting.

Advertisement
In general, fans put way too much emphasis on position coaches to how that unit is performing. There are good/bad position coaches but for the most part its going to be a top/bottom effect. If the OC is poor, not setting up units to succeed, position coaches are going to look bad.

That might be true but we should have taken it more serious when Larry Hodges was phucking up that one day in practice and Enos yelled out, "Is anyone going to coach this kid?". I remember that was a part of a practice report. Enos was trying to tell us something. Some of these position coaches on the offensive side aint pulling their weight either. But I do agree it starts at the top and if this offense doesn't turn corner in the next 6 games I want Enos gone or fly the **** banner!

I’ve seen far more people complaining about all the deep routes and slow developing play actions
Just look at the posts after the UF and UNC games. It came up again after CMU. Dink and dunk as well as slow developing plays. People wanted to bench Williams for Perry because he couldn't throw downfield. Now it's short passes (aka dink and dunk) to the "playmakers". I think some are just bipolar. At least they're consistent with slow developing plays.

I don't think we have. I'd keep doing it to put pressure on the league. We now have the ACCN as a forum to provide additional pressure on the league officials.
It's been discussed … a lot, but maybe not recently. It seems we've become accustomed to it. I remember it was a hot topic on Grassy before the exodus to here.

Maybe it's another instance of James dropping the ball. ;) But I know it's been said that tapes have been sent as far back as Hocutt.

Advertisement
Really disappointing about Ivey. I knew he gave up at least 3 first downs, but didn’t know it was 7 catches all together. Hes been getting beat on like a red headed stepchild. Thought he was suppose to be as good as Blades. I’d think about putting TeCory in.

But it would be silly to mention it the other way, since we beat P5 teams every year while we are the favorite. Lance just didn't know what the spread was.
i was just messin with Lance... he knows that and doesnt need a lawyer... thanks anyway :)

I’ve seen far more people complaining about all the deep routes and slow developing play actions
There are a lot of posters that want us to push the ball down field.

Problem is when we get the blocking to throw deep, it is usually over/underthrown.

We do our best work with the dink and dunk those posters despise.

Jarren would be fine at quarterback under normal circumstances. Our offensive line is abnormally bad and Perry is the better option right now.

Still, with better route combinations, less random sacks from play action after moving the ball in shotgun, and fewer drops, the story on Jarren would be a lot different.

Advertisement
Really disappointing about Ivey. I knew he gave up at least 3 first downs, but didn’t know it was 7 catches all together. Hes been getting beat on like a red headed stepchild. Thought he was suppose to be as good as Blades. I’d think about putting TeCory in.
To be fair his coverage was good except for 1 play... WR was just on!

Advertisement
Back