Upon Further Review- Major Applewhite

Advertisement
Dammmnnnnnnn ... did you wake up with a lemon in your mouth?
Reality check. I’m aware that when last 4 coaches were hired fans were as confident as now about teams future. We know what happened. Unfortunately, the past 15 years has revealed that our program continues to be lousy. As of today I see no reason why conditions will change. Until we improve our recruiting and am able to stock the team with better talent, our new coaches will not be able to achieve the results we all want.

Advertisement
I don't know, I think the offense could at least be decent next year. The schedule isn't brutal, and I think this is a much more natural style of play for the kids we get than the more static, line-up-and-beat-your-man stuff we saw under Richt. I think they will take to it quicker than most fans would imagine. Obviously - a lot of this will depend on if we can get a QB up and running to at least a minimum standard of competence.

I also have to think this would only help our defense become better prepared for games, as the defense would be going up in practice against something much more like the offenses we see week in and week out in the ACC.

It is definitely going to be interesting to see where the defense goes under B and practicing against whoever gets the OC. Great point that hasn't yet been beat to death on the boards ....YET.

Wow props to you. I didn’t think any troll would have the balls to come close to this post because of the in depth analyst. But here you are without one fact or point to back up your statement.

"Feels befo realz, bruh"- Newt Gingrich

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great article Lance!!! I think Applewhite has the goods. Let's see what he can do with all the skill position talent.

Advertisement
Amazing in depth analysis!

I can see why you don't want to hear anyone else get OC with that much time invested! haha

Thank you

First things first, excellent breakdown. Reading this has me excited about the possibilities Applewhite can bring to this offense. I do wonder though, where would a player like Realus George fit into this type of scheme. Typically you don't see fullbacks used much in spread offenses, so would his position sort of go away?

First things first, excellent breakdown. Reading this has me excited about the possibilities Applewhite can bring to this offense. I do wonder though, where would a player like Realus George fit into this type of scheme. Typically you don't see fullbacks used much in spread offenses, so would his position sort of go away?

goal line and short yardage packages?

Upon further review, the ruling on the internet is that Mallory should get moved to WR unless he wants to waste away playing as Brevin's backup.

QB Williams
RB Dallas, Davis, Lingard, Burns, George
Z Mallory, Hightower, Njoku
Y Pope, Harley, Payton
X Osborn, Wiggins, Ezzard
TE Jordan, Irvin, Hodges, Polendey

11 wins

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back