Upon Further Review- Florida

View as article
Jimmy nailed it when he said 'play smart'. The mental mistakes and low IQ football were staggering.
Well-coached teams don't shoot themselves in the foot the way we did and it's a little surprising to me... The lack of discipline.

Jarren is great and given more time we would have won, but I look forward to seeing Tate lead a series or two over the next several games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
View attachment 95746

View attachment 95747

View attachment 95748

@Lance Roffers, check out the bomb play again. Because of the ball placement (toward) middle of the field, if Carter's truly single high on that play, then his alignment is F'd. Because he's playing too close to the Canes sideline, almost as the ball were on the left hash and he'd be the boundary Safety.

Instead, the ball is in the middle of the field, the WR to the bottom of screen (Canes sideline) has outside release on Blades, and Frierson gets beat (to the inside) immediately a few yards outside the opposite hash. That puts Carter in position to essentially cover 30+ yards between the vertical routes. On a ball that never hung. He definitely has range issues, as we all know, but perhaps a handful of athletes could have gotten there, and they would have needed a better read on the play (Carter holds his drop and waits till Franks is basically releasing to break toward the slot's vertical).

Tough play because of so many things. I'd start with his alignment. Then a bunch of stuff happened against us - Frierson gets smoked (it happens), Franks gets enough time (why), Franks throws a great ball (kind of a miracle), the ball never hangs, and the WR finger tips it in full sprint.

I think they try that play 100 more times and maybe hit it 10% of the time.

Lance I vote this for post of the month! I have not seen a thread of this quality since the chonga thread at the wez. Thank you sir!

my b
Jimmy nailed it when he said 'play smart'. The mental mistakes and low IQ football were staggering.
Well-coached teams don't shoot themselves in the foot the way we did and it's a little surprising to me... The lack of discipline.

Jarren is great and given more time we would have won, but I look forward to seeing Tate lead a series or two over the next several games.

Jarren needs all the touches he can get tbh. if hes the guy, hes the guy. unless were up 40-0, keep him in there and let him grow

Advertisement
Back