Upon Further Review- Florida

Not at all, man. Ha. Lance is the man. I don't even usually do my breakdowns because his video and image-based reviews are simply better. I've stated so. This was just a topic that crossed over 2 separate threads.

I'm just giving you grief man lol. Keep up the good work!

Advertisement
Baker mentioned today that Carter wasn't aligned properly. Just so many mistakes by guys in their first starts. Gotta get this stuff cleaned up.
Do you have the quote or video? That makes sense and it's what I've been writing about on the Safety thread.

Do you have the quote or video? That makes sense and it's what I've been writing about on the Safety thread.

Yeah, and it wasn’t just Gilbert,” Baker said. “You know Gilbert is obviously the guy that everyone on TV sees chasing the guy down, but we’ve got to have a middle-field safety playing in the middle of the field. So it was two-part, and like I said, I know Gilbert’s the one that gets pointed out, but there’s a safety (Carter) that needs to be over the top and middle-field coverage closing the middle of the field and that ball should never be thrown. But we didn’t do that and we paid the price for it.

Yeah, and it wasn’t just Gilbert,” Baker said. “You know Gilbert is obviously the guy that everyone on TV sees chasing the guy down, but we’ve got to have a middle-field safety playing in the middle of the field. So it was two-part, and like I said, I know Gilbert’s the one that gets pointed out, but there’s a safety (Carter) that needs to be over the top and middle-field coverage closing the middle of the field and that ball should never be thrown. But we didn’t do that and we paid the price for it.
****. So Carter's alignment was indeed f'd. Makes a lot more sense now because he was HUGGING that hash. ****, man. Little details. Combine that with the poor angle by Hall two plays later and the defense basically allows about 80 additional yards and a go-ahead TD partly because of two mental mistakes. ****. You mind adding that quote to the Safety thread? So it's all collected in one place? Previous poster was right: this is Lance's review thread.

Not at all, man. Ha. Lance is the man. I don't even usually do my breakdowns because his video and image-based reviews are simply better. I've stated so. This was just a topic that crossed over 2 separate threads.

I love it. You are great. Share any time and anything you want.

This stuff isn't about me.

Advertisement
****. So Carter's alignment was indeed f'd. Makes a lot more sense now because he was HUGGING that hash. ****, man. Little details. Combine that with the poor angle by Hall two plays later and the defense basically allows about 80 additional yards and a go-ahead TD partly because of two mental mistakes. ****. You mind adding that quote to the Safety thread? So it's all collected in one place? Previous poster was right: this is Lance's review thread.

At least it sounds like I read the coverage correctly and it was single-high, but with an improper alignment.

Advertisement
The more you look at Enos, the worse he gets.

He forgot about the skill players Miami has, and under pressure he returned to what he knows best, ie the Arkansas offense.

Great

You do realize that Arkansas offense had a terrific couple of years of production right?

At least it sounds like I read the coverage correctly and it was single-high, but with an improper alignment.
Yep. Whole thing looked really odd based on Carter's alignment relative the ball placement. This stuff must KILL coaches when they see it and on film review. Lots of things change if Carter is over the top there. Maybe Franks elects to go with Blades' vertical route and it's incomplete because Franks can barely throw to the sidelines.

Appreciate the effort and also your candor. Agree wholeheartedly on the PI calls on Finley and Blades - bad calls. What also stood out re-watching was the hold/mugging of Bandy on the Gators first score. Glad you showed it.

Advertisement
losing a big game because of stupid mental mistakes by a bunch of guys making their first starts is a great reminder of why it's annoying to play a big game in the first week of the season

When Enos was there or Lou Holtz?

There have been entire threads dedicated to how productive and balanced the Arkansas offenses were under Enos.

You should memorize the phrase .... "its better to say nothing and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Advertisement
The two INT returns were brutal, especially especially especially Carter’s 🤯🤯. I went absolutely berserk when he was tackled. Finley was begging him to come his way and it’s a wrap. We need to practice proper technique after an INT:

Always always hit the nearest sideline as fast as you can and take that path to the end zone unless it becomes blocked by defenders and that’s when u should always (attempt to) cross the field to the other sideline (holding the ball securely). The fastest u should run is when running to the initial sideline and to the other sideline if needed.
\

on the joe rose show, manny said they DO in fact practice it, but i suspect both interceptors got very very excited and forgot to "fall back on their training".

There have been entire threads dedicated to how productive and balanced the Arkansas offenses were under Enos.

You should memorize the phrase .... "its better to say nothing and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".
What was Arkansas's record under Air Enos and his scary offense?

Advertisement
1. Awesome job as usual, my man. Thank you.
2. I was just starting to move past this game. F**********ck! I can’t believe some of those sequences, we really blew it.

@ssvir let me help you out. Under Enos 2015 - 2017 Razorback record.

2015 5-3
2016 3-5 oops
2017 1-7 must be someone else's fault.

That's the oc I want running my offense.

The two INT returns were brutal, especially especially especially Carter’s 🤯🤯. I went absolutely berserk when he was tackled.

I didn't go berserk because I've seen it all my life. Inept instincts on interception returns are a football tradition and especially in college football. It's remarkable how many unnecessary decisions and unnecessary moves these guys make, magnetized to traffic instead of merely prioritizing the straight quick friendly open path.

It's more kin to college football because these guys could make every mistake in high school and get away with it. The wandering route succeeds and early more wows and raves. Once in the pros there are still examples but fewer percentage because we have narrowed to more elite players, and therefore better instincts.

I call it cheap yards. Once that ball is in your hand on an interception or fumble return now you have cheap yards available, and they are priceless. Force your offense to line at that spot and now 5 yards are a chore. Meanwhile you can get those 5 yards -- and then some -- right now. Cheap yards equate to cheap points.

Carter had to score. That was my immediate thought when the ball entered his hands. Score on that return and we win the game. Don't score on the return and we probably lose, given our offensive caliber and particularly the offensive tackles. I realize that "must score" theme sounds like overstatement but I experienced it dozens of times in Las Vegas. I knew darn well my wagering situation was not positive. Here is a chance to be bailed out on a semi-fluke via cheap yards and cheap points. When it didn't play out that way, my team seldom cooperated on the offensive end.

I would have had greater hope if it were someone other than Carter. Once it was Carter I waited for the inevitable. Put that ball in Frierson's hands as a skilled return man and he'll jaunt into the end zone...perhaps earning a celebration penalty.

@ssvir let me help you out. Under Enos 2015 - 2017 Razorback record.

2015 5-3
2016 3-5 oops
2017 1-7 must be someone else's fault.

That's the oc I want running my offense.

If appears as though your measure of Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator success is TEAM record? .... then I guess Manny Diaz as DC has been pure trash b/c our ACC record two of the last three years was terrible.

Might be one of the dumber things I've read on these boards lately.

Advertisement
Back