Updated Chart

Advertisement
No. Points are. Parcells always pointed up to the scoreboard, because thats the only thing that matters.

Bills had three turnovers vs the Chargers, committed more penalties for much higher yardage, had a ****** inefficient run game and lost the TOP by six minutes.

They won 24-22.
Turnovers, in most cases, directly effect points.
It's said that each turnover is worth 4 points.

Mario

Mario begged Tyler to return two years in a row while in year one calling him the best qb in the country. Then Tyler went to **** both years. Once again Mario chose this guy twice.
So either Mario sucks at evaluating QBs or he can’t develop QBs….thats at least what I would be telling QBs Miami was recruiting if I was on the other side of it.

Advertisement
The only issue I have with this list is that you’re painting over each coaching stint with a broad brush by assuming every coach is coming into the same exact scenario, or situation, and that’s simply not the case. Not all jobs are created equally. I’ve always felt a coach needs at least three years before you can make an accurate and true assessment. It hasn’t gone well for Mario at Miami, but next year is the make or break year for me.
The only thing that shows their situation is the "team inherited" column. This is what championship coaches did regardless of situation. Championship coaches turn things around quickly.

Last edited:
south park beat a dead horse GIF

The only thing that shows their situation is the "team inherited" column. This is what championship coaches did regardless of situation. Championship coaches turn things around quickly.

This site LOVES to talk about flying banners when there's something they don't like. I have always found it wildly ironic that the original banner flying was trying to get a guy fired that was actively assembling the greatest college football team in history. The thing this fan base clings to the most as our pinnacle of success, if it was up to the fans then it never would have happened. The banner should be a lesson in how idiotic and clueless people can be. The fact that people want to do it in modern times showcases their utter lack of awareness and ignorance.

I don't care what that list says and what the "formula" is for building a championship team. Maybe Mario isn't it, doesn't have it. All I do know is that this fan base has no f***ing idea what the outcome will be. But if you can recruit you have a chance. That's the lesson I've learned.

Advertisement
This site LOVES to talk about flying banners when there's something they don't like. I have always found it wildly ironic that the original banner flying was trying to get a guy fired that was actively assembling the greatest college football team in history. The thing this fan base clings to the most as our pinnacle of success, if it was up to the fans then it never would have happened. The banner should be a lesson in how idiotic and clueless people can be. The fact that people want to do it in modern times showcases their utter lack of awareness and ignorance.

I don't care what that list says and what the "formula" is for building a championship team. Maybe Mario isn't it, doesn't have it. All I do know is that this fan base has no f***ing idea what the outcome will be. But if you can recruit you have a chance. That's the lesson I've learned.
If you look at the list of championship coaches you'll find they start winning right away with the loser players of the previous regime. You're right that many are clueless. This is a basic chart illustrating a basic point. Learning one thing at a time is how one gets out of cluelessness.

As far the planes...

SmartSelect_20240110_152206_Video Player.gif

Edwards took BYU to a NY6 bowl by year 3
Holtz won a bogus Nat’l Title by year 3
Ford won a Nat’l Title by year 3
Dooley won his conference and a NY6 bowl by year 3
Bryant lost one game in year 3, won a Nat’l Title by year 4
James won his conference and a NY6 bowl by year 3

Only McCartney & Ross took a while, w/ Ross winning a Nat’l Title in year 4.

So based upon these examples, we should expect Mario to either win the ACC, win a Nat’l Title, or play for a NY6 bowl (or all 3) by next season.

Thank u for ur examples
it-aint-happening-nope.gif

Ok, I am not trying to sugar coat anything. I could care less about perception or narratives.

I think a recruiter on Mario’s level should be given 4 years before he is properly evaluated. The bad game day coach stuff becomes less relevant when he is improving the roster. I have no problems giving Mario 4 to 5 years to stack our team with high end talent. It will only make the job easier for the next guy. Also, he may pull a Butch Davis and actually turn this program around.

Anyway, I called BS on the stat, because it’s selectively used to fill the OP’s NARRATIVE. That’s all. Make it 1 or 3 years and the numbers change more in Mario’s favor. That was my point.

If Mario was an X/Os coach, then this stat has more validity.

@Rellyrell @crossover22[]_[]

Ok, I am not trying to sugar coat anything. I could care less about perception or narratives.

I think a recruiter on Mario’s level should be given 4 years before he is properly evaluated. The bad game day coach stuff becomes less relevant when he is improving the roster. I have no problems giving Mario 4 to 5 years to stack our team with high end talent. It will only make the job easier for the next guy. Also, he may pull a Butch Davis and actually turn this program around.

Anyway, I called BS on the stat, because it’s selectively used to fill the OP’s NARRATIVE. That’s all. Make it 1 or 3 years and the numbers change more in Mario’s favor. That was my point.

If Mario was an X/Os coach, then this stat has more validity.

@Rellyrell @crossover22[]_[]
It literally is every championship coach. My narrative that championship coaches are... good coaches? They can get something out of "loser" players and inferior talent? That championship coaches don't need to stack talent to start winning games?

I mean what flaw has you concerned? What would it take to convince you and why?

Advertisement
It literally is every championship coach. My narrative that championship coaches are... good coaches? They can get something out of "loser" players and inferior talent? That championship coaches don't need to stack talent to start winning games?

I mean what flaw has you concerned? What would it take to convince you and why?
Edwards took BYU to a NY6 bowl by year 3
Holtz won a bogus Nat’l Title by year 3
Ford won a Nat’l Title by year 3
Dooley won his conference and a NY6 bowl by year 3
Bryant lost one game in year 3, won a Nat’l Title by year 4
James won his conference and a NY6 bowl by year 3

Only McCartney & Ross took a while, w/ Ross winning a Nat’l Title in year 4.

So based upon these examples, we should expect Mario to either win the ACC, win a Nat’l Title, or play for a NY6 bowl (or all 3) by next season.

Thank u for ur examples
That’s all year 3 stuff. The chart is only for the first two years. I’m not sure if we are allowed to discuss year 3. It gets dicier with everyone’s narratives.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back