Updated Chart

The reason y I can’t give that an excuse b/c the entire QB room is their evaluation now.

TVD was inherited & was completed chitted on by the fan base “all of sudden.” OK, he’s gone now; we had a whole 2024 class to obtain a top tier HS QB, but we were told Judd is the guy and he has elite traits that Mario is looking for. Cool.

Emory was said to have been an Elite 11 super star, again a hand picked guy from 2023. Cool.

Now, the staff loves the upside of FCS yardage leader Reese Poffenbarger. Another Eval.

Jacurri Brown, recruited by Manny, kept by Mario & only coached by Mario.

We’ve been told we’re dealing w/ an elite evaluator, cool. This whole QB room is on him & the staff. So if this season sucks based upon QB play, that’s strictly on him. Again, no excuses bro. I’m sorry.
But that's absolutely not at all what I said bro. I wasn't using QB as an excuse I was just stating a fact. If Mario and staff don't get themselves a starter in the portal then we are not winning 10 games because Mario isn't good enough as a coach. I'm not saying that they should be excused if they don't get a QB capable of leading us to 10+ wins. That is squarely on his shoulders. This is something I posted about last week. It was a thread called the problems we and Mario face going forward. Basically I said that if we can't attract QBs it's because Mario failed to hire an OC/QB coach that would be attractive to good QBs. As it is right now, what reason does a sought after QB have for coming here and putting his career in the hands of this staff? I can't think of anything. Again I've posted about this repeatedly. This is all on Mario. I've been crystal clear about that.

Advertisement
No. Points are.
20231207_214526.png

But that's absolutely not at all what I said bro. I wasn't using QB as an excuse I was just stating a fact. If Mario and staff don't get themselves a starter in the portal then we are not winning 10 games because Mario isn't good enough as a coach. I'm not saying that they should be excused if they don't get a QB capable of leading us to 10+ wins. That is squarely on his shoulders. This is something I posted about last week. It was a thread called the problems we and Mario face going forward. Basically I said that if we can't attract QBs it's because Mario failed to hire an OC/QB coach that would be attractive to good QBs. As it is right now, what reason does a sought after QB have for coming here and putting his career in the hands of this staff? I can't think of anything. Again I've posted about this repeatedly. This is all on Mario. I've been crystal clear about that.

My fault; quickly read & misread the context of ur post. I agree.

Advertisement
The only issue I have with this list is that you’re painting over each coaching stint with a broad brush by assuming every coach is coming into the same exact scenario, or situation, and that’s simply not the case. Not all jobs are created equally. I’ve always felt a coach needs at least three years before you can make an accurate and true assessment. It hasn’t gone well for Mario at Miami, but next year is the make or break year for me.

View attachment 277804
I know you've seen this before. You'll see it again as it comes up. Just wanted to show the updated version with the newest championship winner.

Over the last 40 years still only have coaches who started winning immediately with loser players (all pre portal). Didn't need to "stack classes" to start winning. It's the worst myth in college football.

Looks like Jim took over a loser Mich team and won 10 games immediately. Just like Urban took a loser (Golden battered) OSU team and won 12 games. I mean. You guys can probably read.
Solid point. If you want to be complete, then the other stat that need to know is last 20 years, when teams stack recruiting classes like Mario, then what is the result? What is the coaching bust % in that situation? If it is not very high bust %, then gives hope.

We're 10-2 if our QB isn't a turnover machine. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The player who has the most power in his hands, and can determine outcomes more than just about anybody on the field, decided to be a dogsh!t leader and play every game like he gave zero fvcks. (and so did quite a few other players)

You're not gonna win games while being like 94th in turnover margin.

I don't know how anybody can watch teams like Michigan and Georgia (or any 10+ win team) and think Miami has the same level of players. Watch the QB play mainly. It's not even freakin' close.

Tell me how you win games with a guy like TVD at Quarterback.
Unless yall think Mario is responsible for TVD's lackluster play. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think you hit the nail on the head. This board believes with their whole hearts Mario changed the offense and therefore ruined TVD. It's kind of mind boggling.

Advertisement
No. Points are. Parcells always pointed up to the scoreboard, because thats the only thing that matters.

Bills had three turnovers vs the Chargers, committed more penalties for much higher yardage, had a ****** inefficient run game and lost the TOP by six minutes.

They won 24-22.
Thank you for using a one game sample size.
Of course, points are the most important. However, nothing affects the scoreboard (in other words points) like turnovers and it’s not even close.

He’s a very lucky man being back home with his many connections and he has his dream job-

The resources he has no other UM coach ever had-Ground breaking facilities to be built, indoor practice facility, fertile recruiting region,NIL, funds to pay and his staff very well-

What will be the excuse next year if he doesn’t win at least 9-10 games with a schedule that’s soft as **** it’s set up perfectly to win big next year-

First and foremost no starting QB-I hope Brown becomes that guy but, still lots of ? regarding him-

Emory he’s still recovering-we won’t know anything until he competes @100%-

Judd should redshirt next yr-

Reese who the **** knows he certainly wasn’t their first or second option-

Tua’s brother were waiting-

Critical year for the HC.

Thank you for using a one game sample size.
Of course, points are the most important. However, nothing affects the scoreboard (in other words points) like turnovers and it’s not even close.
Cool, you still shouldn't run your offense centered around the point to prevent turnovers. This leads to uninspiring, slow, overly methodical play and ends hurting more.

Hence thats why the game was used, because it serves as an example why a team like the Bills, who just won their division despite being really bad with turnovers, win.

Advertisement
The chart is trivial if applying towards Mario as its for coaches that did NOT need to "stack the roster" in order to win

All of you very well know this roster needed a complete gutting and overhaul of size and talent which was plainly (and painfully) on display,
Sept 4, 2021 as the Crimson Tide utterly DWARFED that little miniature Hurricane JV squad in pregame warm ups.

okay so all these coaches below had to "stack classes" build their roster up and did not win 9 games in first 2 years::

Lavell Edwards, (7-4 , 5-6) 1984 NC

Lou Holtz, (5-6, 8-4) 88 tainted NC

Bill McCartney (2-8-1, 4-7) 1990 NC

Danny Ford (8-4, 6-5) 1981 NC

Vince Dooley (7-3-1, 6-4) 1980 NC

Bear Bryant @Bama (5-4-1) (7-2-2) 1979 NC

Bobby Ross GaTECH (2-9, 3-8) won the 1990 NC

Don James UW (6-5 ,5-6) won the 1991 NC

(omitting Shug Jordan & John McCay because both wins were prior to 1979 even though both played 10 game seasons)
Bruh did you just mention teams from 30 years ago with confidence? I hate it here.

Advertisement
OP is a gentleman and a scholar so I appreciate what he did here

But you don’t need a chart

Mario isn’t a championship level coach. But if he ever aspires to be, then the team has to show significant improvement this year

Ive always felt it was Year 3 for Mario and that’s not an excuse, the dude just does everything slower than others

using the same exact list on display

but feel free to keep moving the goal posts to fit your narrative
Nothing that happened 30 years ago correlates to today. Attempting to justify anything based off the 19th century is actually insane. This isn’t my chart lol but using the 1900s as a "gotcha" is pure comedy.

View attachment 277804
I know you've seen this before. You'll see it again as it comes up. Just wanted to show the updated version with the newest championship winner.

Over the last 40 years still only have coaches who started winning immediately with loser players (all pre portal). Didn't need to "stack classes" to start winning. It's the worst myth in college football.

Looks like Jim took over a loser Mich team and won 10 games immediately. Just like Urban took a loser (Golden battered) OSU team and won 12 games. I mean. You guys can probably read.
I appreciate seeing this broken down this way. Good work and thanks!

Nothing that happened 30 years ago correlates to today. Attempting to justify anything based off the 19th century is actually insane. This isn’t my chart lol but using the 1900s as a "gotcha" is pure comedy.

well then it seems you need an updated chart

again its all trivial as this team needed a complete overhaul

Advertisement
Back