Updated 6/10/23 - Guess Which Team On 247/Sports Has Four 5 Star Commits with a 94.04 Average ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
18C5B6B2-4F7B-4619-8143-F5DEF3CFCFC4.gif

Advertisement
Feels like one of dem, whatchamacallit, fan editing pages all of a sudden for 247. They have both UF & UGA w/ four 5 star players, when UF only has one & UGA has two, respectively.

It wouldn’t even make sense for them to have four 5 stars this stage of the game AND be ranked 11th.

Anyways, none of that matters b/c I’ve been told by my good friend @Cryptical Envelopment that 247 is filled w/ librarians who don’t know chit, so we shouldn’t be paying attention to such foolery anyway. Amiright, buddy? And did u have a safe flight, b/c I told u I was going to be on ur head when u land! (Pause)

Advertisement
Feels like one of dem, whatchamacallit, fan editing pages all of a sudden for 247. They have both UF & UGA w/ four 5 star players, when UF only has one & UGA has two, respectively.

It wouldn’t even make sense for them to have four 5 stars this stage of the game AND be ranked 11th.

Anyways, none of that matters b/c I’ve been told by my good friend @Cryptical Envelopment that 247 is filled w/ librarians who don’t know chit, so we shouldn’t be paying attention to such foolery anyway. Amiright, buddy? And did u have a safe flight, b/c I told u I was going to be on ur head when u land! (Pause)

I dunno, you say you're on my head but I sure don't feel anything.:)

If you really need me to explain why the recruiting rankings are for entertainment purposes only, then ****. I am truly surprised.

Former employees of these companies have even admitted the ratings are cooked to pander to the larger fanbases and sites. You really need more?

Fake kids who don't exist have ended up ranked. You really need more? If that can happen, how much effort do you really think is going into evaluations? And who the **** is deciding who should be ranked where? If any of these guys had the ability to evaluate they'd be snapped up by actual football programs. Do you know how much work team put into evaluating kids? Its monumental.

Only 25% of ~400 4-star website ranked kids even get drafted, and over half of the ones that do don't really go anywhere. Yeah, but get me excited about "blue chip ratios" and other **** they bait you with lol.

My dead grandmother could point out the 5-star kids on a football field. It's not hard. And ****, look at how many 5-star Qbs fail to produce. Its crazy.

But evaluating and projecting the difference between kids ranked in the top 200 - 1000? No one is saying the lists are completely wrong, that would make no sense. You and I could make a list and be right enough. But dependable? **** no.

That's the difference between getting one crack as a HC and flaming out and being a guy who ends up making generational wealth. It's ******* hard. And an incredibly valuable and rare skill set. The NFL gets to draft fully grown men with years of game tape, wonderlics and other mental tests, interviews, combine's pro days etc, and they still get it wrong 50% of the time. But yeah, tell me again how the 247 and On3 guys know what they are doing lol. Its not complicated man. If you want to listen to Ivins, Huffman, and those guys, knock yourself out.

I look at the offers. Because I care what multi-millionaire unicorn head football coaches think of kids maybe just a little bit more than failed journalists. And I still know that these elite coaches will be wrong a lot. The ones who are wrong a little bit less than their competition are the ones who succeed.

I really can't believe its you I am having this debate with. You broke my heart.

I dunno, you say you're on my head but I sure don't feel anything.:)

If you really need me to explain why the recruiting rankings are for entertainment purposes only, then ****. I am truly surprised.

Former employees of these companies have even admitted the ratings are cooked to pander to the larger fanbases and sites. You really need more?

Fake kids who don't exist have ended up ranked. You really need more? If that can happen, how much effort do you really think is going into evaluations? And who the **** is deciding who should be ranked where? If any of these guys had the ability to evaluate they'd be snapped up by actual football programs. Do you know how much work team put into evaluating kids? Its monumental.

Only 25% of ~400 4-star website ranked kids even get drafted, and over half of the ones that do don't really go anywhere. Yeah, but get me excited about "blue chip ratios" and other **** they bait you with lol.

My dead grandmother could point out the 5-star kids on a football field. It's not hard. And ****, look at how many 5-star Qbs fail to produce. Its crazy.

But evaluating and projecting the difference between kids ranked in the top 200 - 1000? No one is saying the lists are completely wrong, that would make no sense. You and I could make a list and be right enough. But dependable? **** no.

That's the difference between getting one crack as a HC and flaming out and being a guy who ends up making generational wealth. It's ******* hard. And an incredibly valuable and rare skill set. The NFL gets to draft fully grown men with years of game tape, wonderlics and other mental tests, interviews, combine's pro days etc, and they still get it wrong 50% of the time. But yeah, tell me again how the 247 and On3 guys know what they are doing lol. Its not complicated man. If you want to listen to Ivins, Huffman, and those guys, knock yourself out.

I look at the offers. Because I care what multi-millionaire unicorn head football coaches think of kids maybe just a little bit more than failed journalists. And I still know that these elite coaches will be wrong a lot. The ones who are wrong a little bit less than their competition are the ones who succeed.

I really can't believe its you I am having this debate with. You broke my heart.

So in essence there should be no need to look at stars or complain about rosters, right? Just follow the offers. So when we hear talent discrepancy, where is that based on?

Advertisement
I had no idea he was that good of a baseball player. If that’s the case that he’s top pick level good, he should play baseball. The money has to be pretty **** good at that level in the draft.
Not easy telling a Texas born QB he shouldn’t play Qb. Look at Kyler Murray. Unlike Kyler tho I think he’ll ultimately go baseball. I posted not long ago I think he could play on double A ball today if he could. He’s a stud

So in essence there should be no need to look at stars or complain about rosters, right? Just follow the offers. So when we hear talent discrepancy, where is that based on?

Buddy are you going to acknowledge that they cook the books in favor of kids committed to large subscription base schools and actually got catfished into ranking a kid who didn't exist? Or just let that go? That isn't enough for you to dismiss them as a serious source of evaluations? And that's just the stuff that's gotten out and they got caught red-handed on.

Talent discrepancy should be based on... the level of talent. Which by the way the best evaluators in the world get wrong a ton. If you think that the website employees of On3, ESPN, 247, and Rivals are capable and qualified to identify, evaluate, and accurately rank (lol) 2000 kids a year, then ok. If there was a way to score these kids based on their offers, it would be much more interesting and valid to me. Who would you trust? Nick Saban, Jim Harbaugh, Kirby Smart, Mario, Kelly, Dabo, etc? Or (I can't even name five of these yahoos off the top of my head- Ivins, Huffman?). But then of course kids would just lie about their offers (even more than they do now).

I've seen enough to know I shouldn't take the site evaluations seriously. I've explained it over and over too. To me, it's entertainment. And sure, I enjoy crowing about a 5-star or whatever, but that's just me being intellectually lazy, which I am entitled to be sometimes, because this isn't work, it's for fun. Now that doesn't mean I ignore the sites. They report a lot of information. ****, I'm one of the people that has stood up for some of the writers even (Gaby). And the sites are as good a source as we have to see which schools (probably) offered each kid. So, it's sports. Its my school. But it's entertainment.

Buddy are you going to acknowledge that they cook the books in favor of kids committed to large subscription base schools and actually got catfished into ranking a kid who didn't exist? Or just let that go? That isn't enough for you to dismiss them as a serious source of evaluations? And that's just the stuff that's gotten out and they got caught red-handed on.

Talent discrepancy should be based on... the level of talent. Which by the way the best evaluators in the world get wrong a ton. If you think that the website employees of On3, ESPN, 247, and Rivals are capable and qualified to identify, evaluate, and accurately rank (lol) 2000 kids a year, then ok. If there was a way to score these kids based on their offers, it would be much more interesting and valid to me. Who would you trust? Nick Saban, Jim Harbaugh, Kirby Smart, Mario, Kelly, Dabo, etc? Or (I can't even name five of these yahoos off the top of my head- Ivins, Huffman?). But then of course kids would just lie about their offers (even more than they do now).

I've seen enough to know I shouldn't take the site evaluations seriously. I've explained it over and over too. To me, it's entertainment. And sure, I enjoy crowing about a 5-star or whatever, but that's just me being intellectually lazy, which I am entitled to be sometimes, because this isn't work, it's for fun. Now that doesn't mean I ignore the sites. They report a lot of information. ****, I'm one of the people that has stood up for some of the writers even (Gaby). And the sites are as good a source as we have to see which schools (probably) offered each kid. So, it's sports. Its my school. But it's entertainment.

U’re expecting me to agree w/ a point that I pointed out yrs ago. Lol. I’m one of the ones that pointed out how star ratings work there. Lol.

But to simply discount their work or like it doesn’t provide a very tangible gage of talent level is asinine to me. If it didn’t, then as I’ve said, there would be no reason for this fan base to be up in arms w/ all these librarian generated blue chips are committing to school X or Y.

But F that; u say go by the offers right? So whose offers should we be paying attention when we, ourselves, sign a kid? Would u like me to revisit all the classes we had to verify if those said schools offer those players? Would that satisfy the notion of talent or not?

Not easy telling a Texas born QB he shouldn’t play Qb. Look at Kyler Murray. Unlike Kyler tho I think he’ll ultimately go baseball. I posted not long ago I think he could play on double A ball today if he could. He’s a stud
This is great! Good for him too.

Advertisement
Back