Updated 1/14 -Per Ivins - 1/12/21 - Blake/Patke/Simpson - Jess Brought Back. Blake remains DC.

Advertisement
there's no room for that kind of logic on here good sir.

Manny has shown that he will do what it takes to win, entering season 3 I can't fathom how anyone can realistically be upset with the direction of the program.

2020 we got dealt clemson out of the blue when they weren't on the schedule originally and outside of a few dropped passes against okie state and the unc debacle, we were all pretty much in agreement that this year was better than we hoped

so after the secondary getting torched against UNC and okie state, and the WR's sucking all year long specifically against clemson and blowing the game vs okie state, what does he do??

he gets the db coach (and recruiter) in the country arguably, one of the best CB prospects that this same board melted down about missing 2 years ago, and a legit portal WR who will be our #1 guy in 2020.

He's addressed literally everything outside of DC like the fans are b*tching about and it's still so early that we don't even know.

Half the people here don't have brains anyways and are throwing out DC candidates that would be way worse than Baker.

I'll make sure to pull the threads where everyone was saying Manny was the worst hire, only to see his defense resurrect our entire program and make us relevant again. These fans aren't built for this, they need to go be ohio state, clemson, or bama fans

I don't think baker should stay bc I don't think its gonna be helpful for any HC to play coordinator and HC. I do think he has to win this year to ensure he has a job esp operating without an extension.either way, it'll take care of itself. I don't like recycling coaches every 3-5 years so hopefully this one can build upon 8-3 which no one has been able to do.

Advertisement
so rocker worked for trob and trob didn't follow him? or did rocker just get to SC
Rocker was there last year. And I guess T-Rob didn't follow him. Maybe he unfollowed him after he was let go? Really no idea on that part of it

Advertisement
I don't think baker should stay bc I don't think its gonna be helpful for any HC to play coordinator and HC. I do think he has to win this year to ensure he has a job esp operating without an extension.either way, it'll take care of itself. I don't like recycling coaches every 3-5 years so hopefully this one can build upon 8-3 which no one has been able to do.
I agree with you for the most part

I guess i'm a realist when I ask the board, who is better at calling defensive plays (that is available) than manny?

plenty of HC's in the NFL call plays as well, plenty of college coaches call plays as well

Manny diaz turned our dumpster fire No'D defense into a top 5 defense in that nation, #1 in turnovers, #1 tfl, #1 passing defense, top 3 in sacks, etc.

why are people so excited to go with anything but that?

vennables and don brown are the only 2 I would pick over manny calling plays in the entire country and good news is we already have manny on contract and he's clearly willing to do whatever necessary to win

steele? lmao
strong? LOL

both of those guys have worse resumes than baker recently

if vennables is breaking down our door or don brown randomly leaves arizona a week after getting the job then by all means i'll be ecstatic, but 95% of everyone else out there is a downgrade (assuming manny completely takes over playcalling which is the bare minimum he needs to do) and that's not opinion it's based on fact

c'mon guys new is not better, we need to use our brains and look for quality

Last edited:
I agree with you for the most part

I guess i'm a realist when I ask the board, who is better at calling defensive plays (that is available) than manny?

plenty of HC's in the NFL call plays as well, plenty of college coaches call plays as well

Manny diaz turned our dumpster fire No'D defense into a top 5 defense in that nation, #1 in turnovers, #1 tfl, #1 passing defense, top 3 in sacks, etc.

why are people so excited to go with anything but that?

vennables and don brown are the only 2 I would pick over manny calling plays in the entire country and good news is we already have manny on contract and he's clearly willing to do whatever necessary to win

steele? lmao
strong? LOL

both of those guys have worse resumes than baker recently

c'mon guys new is not better, we need to use our brains and look for quality

yeah im with you on strong. as good of a name as he is, he hasn't coordinated a D in a long time and we need a more modern coordinator. also, someone who's willing to stay on and build with the program. strong and Steele wouldnt be here for more than a cup of coffee.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im not gonna over react because I think he’s going to auburn but he’s atrocious.

He’s never been that great of a coach but he used to be a top notch recruiter.
if he can still recruit i'll take him

I think DL coaches in the right scheme can get a little too much credit.

they are important yes but if recruiting is better, i don't see how rocker would be any less successful than simpson was when it was proven that the DL was strong no matter who Manny's DL coach was when he was DC. That and we'll have a higher success rate of landing stud DL from South Florida

if he can still recruit i'll take him

I think DL coaches in the right scheme can get a little too much credit.

they are important yes but if recruiting is better, i don't see how rocker would be any less successful than simpson was when it was proven that the DL was strong no matter who Manny's DL coach was when he was DC. That and we'll have a higher success rate of landing stud DL from South Florida
He’s not a good recruiter anymore. I think he’s even been quoted saying he’s burnt out these days because of the way kids handle the process. He’s not wrong but it’s still part of the job. It’s like 60-70% of the job.

He’s not a good recruiter anymore. I think he’s even been quoted saying he’s burnt out these days because of the way kids handle the process. He’s not wrong but it’s still part of the job. It’s like 60-70% of the job.

esp w this DL class coming up. we need a strong recruiter

Advertisement
Back