Updated 1/14 -Per Ivins - 1/12/21 - Blake/Patke/Simpson - Jess Brought Back. Blake remains DC.

Advertisement
I know some of you’re impatient as **** but I’ve said the same thing for two weeks. As of now they’re waiting , they reached out to multiple big names and still waiting on a decision. There’s no reason be in a hurry. Just get it right.

You’re wasting your time reading twitter twats and articles from “ insiders “. I’m not sure how many times these guys can be exposed until you get it.

The only thing I’ll continue to say is Bakers fate isn’t sealed. But at the very worse“ if” he’s still on staff he wont be calling plays,

At this point anyone saying different is just is lying. Manny has this on lock. Nobody knows jack.
Problem with that crib is that these kids need leadership and a strong leader and they can smell bull**** and ***** a mile away. And baker being demoted like that there’s just no way the kids respect him and his coaching.

Problem with that crib is that these kids need leadership and a strong leader and they can smell bull**** and ***** a mile away. And baker being demoted like that there’s just no way the kids respect him and his coaching.
Kids give zero ***** if he’s demoted. That being said let’s discuss that when /if he’s not fired. My gripe is he’s not a dc , my other gripe is this d needs serious tweaks. Chip Kelly’s was an innovator a decade ago that everyone ripped off his offense. He never made adjustments or made zero tweaks. There’s a reason Riley is the best doing it, he’s always tweaking and adding concepts to his offense.

Regardless of what happens manny is at a cross roads , not just as a head coach but as a dc.

Official prediction

Defense:
HC Manny Diaz
DC/LB Baker
DL Simpson
OLB Patke
DB Robinson

Offense:
OC/QB Lashlee
RB Hickson
WR Likens
TE Field
OL Justice
Off. Asst Lockette
I love the lineup of coaches for offense❗️ On the defensive side, Simpson and T-Rob are as good as it gets. But Patke and Baker are as not good “coaches” in every sense of the word. Baker/Patke running the defensive coaching room is like pouring salt on a delicious slice of apple pie.

Kids give zero ***** if he’s demoted. That being said let’s discuss that when /if he’s not fired. My gripe is he’s not a dc , my other gripe is this d needs serious tweaks. Chip Kelly’s was an innovator a decade ago that everyone ripped off his offense. He never made adjustments or made zero tweaks. There’s a reason Riley is the best doing it, he’s always tweaking and adding concepts to his offense.

Regardless of what happens manny is at a cross roads , not just as a head coach but as a dc.

its weird bc Manny as a DC made small tweaks to his defense as a DC. either way, I think the system needs to be revamped and would like the HC to be a HC and not a DC and HC

Advertisement

I mean he has run tweaks with adding striker and then viper with when baker got here now I like baker not a huge fan of viper but yes he needs to figure **** out csz the guys he brought this team dont all fit the defense he runs

I mean he has run tweaks with adding striker and then viper with when baker got here now I like baker not a huge fan of viper but yes he needs to figure **** out csz the guys he brought this team dont all fit the defense he runs
Striker was just a gimmick. I’m talking schematically. He just mad a base defense nickel , that’s not enough.

I just don’t understand why you children can’t let shít play out. Everybody in a rush to criticize when no one actually knows what is going on behind closed doors.

Mfs complaining about hypothetical situations and shít. Y’all need to get a hobby, besides shïtting on the team that you are allegedly fans of.

its weird bc Manny as a DC made small tweaks to his defense as a DC. either way, I think the system needs to be revamped and would like the HC to be a HC and not a DC and HC
I think he does too, it’s just a matter of finding someone he trusts to take his baby. All the “ he’s married to the scheme talk isn’t necessarily true.

Advertisement
It's all about intent man...every college fan base has those alums that feel they're "Super" fans...since they went to the school...👍🙌💯

Of course. But that's still not what I said.

There are a bunch of porsters who have never gone to UM who go on at great length about how our President, BOT, Athletic Department, and Hurricane Club operate. It's comical.

And there are also a bunch of porsters who tell us how the "solution" to all of UM's problems is simply to stop all payments (charitable and otherwise) to UM until the university heeds our hiring/firing recommendations, and that if you "continue to contribute", then you are enabling the ongoing problem.

Being a UM alum doesn't make me a "bigger" fan. It simply makes me a lifelong fan, whose allegiance will not wane if we lose games.

I think he does too, it’s just a matter of finding someone he trusts to take his baby. All the “ he’s married to the scheme talk isn’t necessarily true.

he never came across as inflexible based on staff or roster decisions. now, well see how true that is based on what he does with the def. hopefully offseason Manny can hit it again. god if only off season Manny were in season Manny, we may have a real coach.

And I can’t help but laugh at the fact that for how many years this board wanted a 4-3 defense? We get it, and have been a good defense for the vast majority of that time and now we need to change it again. So what magical defense do we change to now bc I’m watching teams get lit up **** near every game? They all must not be running the right defenses either.

I just don’t get the desperation from “fans” for Manny not to work out here. If he doesn’t, we are fücked. What coach will want to come here after watching his predecessor ridiculed by fans and fired after he’s actually made some progress?Players will leave and we will have to start from square 1 in recruiting again. And judging from the hires made over the last idk 20 years, the chances of upgrading aren’t awesome.

I’m a Miami fan, Manny is the coach at Miami so I am going to support him and root for his success, bc it’s our success. But you goofy ******** that want to fire every coach that loses a few games that you don’t like sound ridiculous. We will never build shít here recycling coaches every 2-3 years but that’s what some of you dumbasses actually think we should be doing.

Advertisement
And I can’t help but laugh at the fact that for how many years this board wanted a 4-3 defense? We get it, and have been a good defense for the vast majority of that time and now we need to change it again. So what mystical defense do we change to now bc I’m watching teams get lit up **** near every game? They all must not be running the right defenses either.

I just don’t get the desperation from “fans” for Manny not to work out here. If he doesn’t, we are fücked. What coach will want to come here after watching his predecessor ridiculed by fans and fired after he’s actually made some progress?Players will leave and we will have to start from square 1 in recruiting again. And judging from the hires made over the last idk 20 years, the chances of upgrading aren’t awesome.

I’m a Miami fan, Manny is the coach at Miami so I am going to support him and root for his success, bc it’s our success. But you goofy ******** that want to fire every coach that loses a few games that you don’t like sound ridiculous. We will never build shít here recycling coaches every 2-3 years but that’s what some of you dumbasses actually think we should be doing.
there's no room for that kind of logic on here good sir.

Manny has shown that he will do what it takes to win, entering season 3 I can't fathom how anyone can realistically be upset with the direction of the program.

After a rough 2019 season with the worst qb talent we've ever had he goes out and fixes the biggest problems on the team (AFTER 1 year)

he gets rhett lashlee, quincy roche, and King, single handedly giving us a chance to be successful in 2020

2020 we got dealt clemson out of the blue when they weren't on the schedule originally and outside of a few dropped passes against okie state and the unc debacle, we were all pretty much in agreement that this year was better than we hoped

so after the secondary getting torched against UNC and okie state, and the WR's sucking all year long specifically against clemson and blowing the game vs okie state, what does he do??

he gets the best db coach (and recruiter) in the country arguably, one of the best CB prospects that this same board melted down about missing 2 years ago, and a legit portal WR who will be our #1 guy in 2020.

He's addressed literally everything outside of DC like the fans are b*tching about and it's still so early that we don't even know.

Half the people here don't have brains anyways and are throwing out DC candidates that would be way worse than Baker.

I'll make sure to pull the threads where everyone was saying Manny was the worst hire back when richt got him, only to see his defense resurrect our entire program and make us relevant again. These fans aren't built for this, they need to go be ohio state, clemson, or bama fans

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back