Updated 1/14 -Per Ivins - 1/12/21 - Blake/Patke/Simpson - Jess Brought Back. Blake remains DC.

I don’t understand why people wouldn’t want Muschamp.

Talk about a monumental upgrade over Baker.

Just because he’s a bad head coach doesn’t mean he doesn’t know his **** on the defensive side of the ball.

One concern I would have is he has only been a DC once in the last 10 years. Offenses change a lot over that time.

I’m not saying he hasn’t be involved in defense but he’s only done the work and ran the show in 2015 since 2011.

He’s a splashy hire and we need a change on D. I’m just not sold we see a huge uptick. Time will tell.

Advertisement
I don’t understand why people wouldn’t want Muschamp.

Talk about a monumental upgrade over Baker.

Just because he’s a bad head coach doesn’t mean he doesn’t know his **** on the defensive side of the ball.

I'd prefer Muschamp over Skrong, but either would be an upgrade over Baker. It would certainly be a splash hire and either would be terrific for ties to S. Florida recruiting. And getting a guy who just spent 4 years as HC at USCe (yes I know it wasn't a highly successful run) would be quite a move. It also would prove to the dummies that Diaz isn't married to his system or Baker, as Muschamp wouldn't be showing up to run Diaz's scheme.

@JayCane20 - Why is Strong not a better candidate in general for CFB? I wouldn't think the HC failures would impact attractiveness as a defensive coach.
I mean I guess I’m wrong if Urban wants him but I’ll hold onto my opinion until that actually happens.

It’s just been so long since he’s been a DC and the game has changed so much. Totally different ball game being a DC than a HC.

Then add in that his defenses as a HC regressed year over year at Texas and USF. That’s all you have to go on over the last decade or more.

Advertisement
told you guys not to get your hopes up

if only you knew the truth about manny's "firings" in the first place.. oh man oh man this place would be something.
You hit it on the head. Truly an insider. Thanks for bracing us for this announcement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve posted it before... Jacksonville matters. Got leg swept today, but was told it wasn’t correct. Sticking with the first call made.
6C9E5085-06B0-445A-B43A-89E2B4B1D2BE.jpeg

Urban sealed our fate

Advertisement
Per Ivins - Jess Simpson a real possibility at DL. Baker and Patke more & more likely to be staying per what he’s hearing.

I know it’s been alluded here by insiders as well as that being a possibility.

Not trying to sound like an alarmist, but just noticed that Auburn's DL coach Tracey Rocker bolted to the Philadelphia Eagles. Isn't Simpson an Auburn grad?

Not trying to sound like an alarmist, but just noticed that Auburn's DL coach Tracey Rocker bolted to the Philadelphia Eagles. Isn't Simpson an Auburn grad?
I know his wife likes living in Atlanta and Auburn would be closer to home so hoping he wouldn’t back out.

Advertisement
Back