UPDATE: STILL MY OPINION: Hurts decision expected tomorrow/martell by Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. OU not even on the list? Maryland is a huge favorite - it’s got to be Maryland. Would be shocked if it’s not.
one of the strangest props to bet on because the outcome could be predetermined or at least known by the odds makers. i would love to throw some money on miami but it seems like a sucker bet.

Advertisement
Serious question:

is the “fire” Baez & Cooney thing like a running joke, or are people being serious?

Coaches expect to land both. With hurts it comes down to his familiarity with enos and being sold on us having the pieces to make a run and being developed to be a top 2 round pick. With Martell its him being sold by brevin and Bolden that they can run it like they did in high school. Diaz doing a great job. These also wont be the last studs coming in as transfers. Stay tuned for more soon.

Also team meeting expected to take place around 6 with hurts to be in attendance...

Little Martell update: may end up waiting until Thursday to announce now out of respect for telling the Louisville coaches he would visit. May not actually happen but the pick is still miami
If true, this is wonderful

Serious question:

is the “fire” Baez & Cooney thing like a running joke, or are people being serious?
Guarantee they can’t give a single legitimate reason those guys should be fired

Advertisement
If this plays out boy what a coup for Manny and Enos landing Hurts and Martell. That’s just incredible and would instantly give us a credible QB to lead our new offense and one who’s intimately familiar with how to run it. Getting Tate is the icing on the cake for 2020 and beyond. He can sit for the year and truly learn from Enos and Hurts so that he’s ready to go for the following season. And to add more drama and intrigue there’s rumors of a DT transfer coming in to that will help for 2019 as well.
Serious question:

I think they are serious, but with no real knowledge with what those two do for the program or how good they are at what they do.... The word on both when getting hired were that they were both slam dunk recruiters/connections to the HS scene down here and implied that we would start to clean up miami-dade in recruiting.... since, that hasn't exactly happened....... you get the "fire" remarks....

Advertisement
still-waiting-36740813.png

Ok, so let me tell you what Baez does.....

He single handidly handles EVERYTHING between UM & the High School of the commit. If not for him, kids would not be graduating early & getting on campus in January. He will send you (parents) daily updates from FL Virtual classes and with an up to date GPA of the moving target. He speaks to the school guidance counselors and makes aura that there are no last second surprises. The guy is very valuable & really good at his job.

Advertisement
Serious question:

Since none of these guys have any actual idea what they do, they thought, why not, I’ll micromanage the the staff, in the meantime they can’t manage their own lives enough to write coherent sentences.

They day I start worrying about support staff is the day following sports would end for me.

But hey, that’s just me. I’m more interested in the big picture, but some prople like to pick away.

Advertisement
I have class with a prominent player on offense and he told me today #MiamiMartell is close to being a done deal. He also said Hurts is most likely a no, but hey I’ll take anything new.

On a side note, I have not only this player, but Josh White in this class as well. I will divulge top secret info at all times possible.

Hope everyone is having a splendid Tuesday.

:)

Yup more on that.

https://thespun.com/sec/alabama-cri...released-for-jalen-hurts-transfer-destination

"The Hurricanes also have an interesting connection to Hurts because Dan Enos recently left Alabama’s coaching staff to become the offensive coordinator for Miami.

It’s surprising that Oklahoma isn’t among the top teams in terms of odds, especially considering the success that Lincoln Riley had with former transfers in Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray."

It's almost as if Vegas doesn't have its head in its *** like 3/4 of the porsters on here. The oddsmakers know (like anyone with at least two brain cells) that Hurts is going to a school where he has the best chance to start so he doesn't get Tua'd again. Of all the places, Oklahoma, with its 5 star, #1 QB handpicked recruit waiting in the wings, is the absolute worst.

You think bookmakers are going to miss out on the chance to make money? Of f#cking course not. The reason Oklahoma isn't in the odds is that Oklahoma makes no sense for a grad transfer qb who is basically looking for a guaranteed opportunity to raise his draft stock. Use your brains, people.

But, if OU is the likely destination and the book isn't offering a bet on OU, then doesn't that make the book REALLY smart and every dude who bets a sucker? Would be like taking futures bets on every team other than Bama and Clemson. Your reaction wouldn't be, "Vegas knows and Bama and Clemson have no shot."

Ok, so let me tell you what Baez does.....

He single handidly handles EVERYTHING between UM & the High School of the commit. If not for him, kids would not be graduating early & getting on campus in January. He will send you (parents) daily updates from FL Virtual classes and with an up to date GPA of the loving target. He speaks to the school guidance counselors and makes aura that there are no last second surprises. The guy is very valuable & really good at his job.

Like getting Jobe all set up in Connecticut so that he could graduate on time and be eligible?

still weird in that OU was one of the 3 teams he actually visited while teams he hasn't are included. How can they not be in the picture with the odds makers?
Yeah, I agree. Very strange. Tho it may have been one of those quirky offshore books that put odds up to draw attention but cap it with like $25max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back