UPDATE: STILL MY OPINION: Hurts decision expected tomorrow/martell by Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m with you. There are many reasons why we are a better situation for hurts. I believe he goes with the qb coach and he offense he knows.

And the fact is Kosi is not consistent and jarren has no experience. He would start the Gator game pretty exciting stuff.

Advertisement
You serious right now or are you jaggin around?

What's makes him a upgrade? He was Lane Kiffins least productive QB during his time at Bama and Lane had Blake Sims starting one year. His 2017 stats are BAD with 5 stars all around him. If he was the starter for Miami last year. You would be praying for transfer this year.

What's makes him a upgrade? He was Lane Kiffins least productive QB during his time at Bama and Lane had Blake Sims starting one year. His 2017 stats are BAD with 5 stars all around him. If he was the starter for Miami last year. You would be praying for transfer this year.
26-2 that’s all. Idc how you win just win. His stats aren’t even bad at all. Give me a qb who has a solid completion %, who could throw and run, not throw picks, and most important of all...win.

Last edited:
Advertisement
so till yesterday we were almost sure to have Hurts and JT4 and today we are not going to have any of em?

so till yesterday we were almost sure to have Hurts and JT4 and today we are not going to have any of em?

7574E2B0-99AE-4C5C-B222-B56F5306C4B1.gif

F96A728B-4810-4379-865F-5DB3A0EBA453.gif

6674022F-4638-46C1-BFE8-177F854C6BC0.gif

Some of my thoughts:

1.) I totally get the appeal of Oklahoma as a transfer destination for any QB, but I keep telling people that IMO this is just a bad fit, for Oklahoma AND Hurts. Whenever I think of recent QB's who have had success at OU, especially Mayfield and Murray, it's just not what I think of with regard to Hurts' game. I think there's a very real possibility that he could start the first couple games for them, they realize it isn't working, and he ends up right back where he was at Bama - second string.

2.) This is one of the things I think could end up "Hurt"ing us in the Jalen sweepstakes....our O-Line. Our RB room is absolutely stacked, we have one of if not the best young TE in the nation, a WR corps with plenty of speed, skill, and depth, but our O-Line is ***. When you compare the two there's no question Hurts would have an infinitely better O-Line blocking for him if he picks OU. I think we could be better this year, but this is going to take time to get fixed.

3.) I'd be shocked if Manny/Enos aren't trying to sell Hurts on the fact he'll have an elite defense on the other side of the ball which will take a lot of pressure off of him. Man, when you're a QB at OU you basically go into every game thinking, "Ok, I gotta throw 5 TD's and we need 40+ points to win this game." That's a ton of pressure for any QB to have on their shoulders. Also, let's say OU is down 21 late, do you think Hurts is the type of QB who could end up with 50+ attempts because he's slinging the ball all over the field? Because I don't. That's why I've said from day one I just think this is a bad fit for Jalen AND OU. I like our chances here...

OP changed the thread name to say it is an opinion when he marked a “source” several times in here I’m crying.

Advertisement
Some of my thoughts:

1.) I totally get the appeal of Oklahoma as a transfer destination for any QB, but I keep telling people that IMO this is just a bad fit, for Oklahoma AND Hurts. Whenever I think of recent QB's who have had success at OU, especially Mayfield and Murray, it's just not what I think of with regard to Hurts' game. I think there's a very real possibility that he could start the first couple games for them, they realize it isn't working, and he ends up right back where he was at Bama - second string.

2.) This is one of the things I think could end up "Hurt"ing us in the Jalen sweepstakes....our O-Line. Our RB room is absolutely stacked, we have one of if not the best young TE in the nation, a WR corps with plenty of speed, skill, and depth, but our O-Line is ***. When you compare the two there's no question Hurts would have an infinitely better O-Line blocking for him if he picks OU. I think we could be better this year, but this is going to take time to get fixed.

3.) I'd be shocked if Manny/Enos aren't trying to sell Hurts on the fact he'll have an elite defense on the other side of the ball which will take a lot of pressure off of him. Man, when you're a QB at OU you basically go into every game thinking, "Ok, I gotta throw 5 TD's and we need 40+ points to win this game." That's a ton of pressure for any QB to have on their shoulders. Also, let's say OU is down 21 late, do you think Hurts is the type of QB who could end up with 50+ attempts because he's slinging the ball all over the field? Because I don't. That's why I've said from day one I just think this is a bad fit for Jalen AND OU. I like our chances here...
Our situation isn't even close to being as good as Oklahomas for a transferring qb. Yes we have a new coach and we have Enos his qb coach as our OC and very little competition for the starting job, it's his if he comes. Our o-line sucks and we all know that, that's a big negative. Oklahoma's pitch, they produced the last two Heisman winners, were in the CFP this past year, have an excellent o-line, have a proven winner at coach and are absolutely loaded at wr, recruiting three 5 star recruits this recruiting cycle. I don't think selling our defense is a big factor to Hurts. The truth is what it is, if he chooses Oklahoma could you blame him?

Some of my thoughts:

Good post. Just want to add that OU loses 4 of their starting Olinemen this season. It was noted on the OU board this was a concern for Hurts’s dad. So maybe that’s a wash between the two or maybe we can actually come out better since our guys have experience. IDK but it may not be as big a factor as we think

Our situation isn't even close to being as good as Oklahomas for a transferring qb. Yes we have a new coach and we have Enos his qb coach as our OC and very little competition for the starting job, it's his if he comes. Our o-line sucks and we all know that, that's a big negative. Oklahoma's pitch, they produced the last two Heisman winners, were in the CFP this past year, have an excellent o-line, have a proven winner at coach and are absolutely loaded at wr, recruiting three 5 star recruits this recruiting cycle. I don't think selling our defense is a big factor to Hurts. The truth is what it is, if he chooses Oklahoma could you blame him?

It depends what he wants and values. Does he want to play for sure? I'd he does then he will come to Miami. Clearly. If he wants a shot at a title, glory, and doesn't mind risking losing the job again then he will choose OU. He just left that same situation though.

I bet he wants the PT.

Advertisement
What have I said that hasn't happened? I was spot on with the oc announcement and offensive staff. Even brooklyn told yall boys what i said was accurate. Things happen in recruiting, and yes this is recruiting that some of you are understanding
Hey, TD, Let’s go, MENG. We Riding. We are going to get in my big boi truck with the big Torro balls, we going to listen to Pitbull in my DOPE A** system with TOO destinations - South Beach or the EVERGLADES (that’s were I had my bodies).
I know my boy MANNY and Enosito gonna get it done. Manny got a little cafe bustelo into EL TORRO HURTS, he like that 305 taste, a few putas at LIV and we ****kkin!

I would’ve taken him to CAFE VERSAILLES instead of Prime 112, but that’s ok. Now Let’s RIDE!! BALLS IN!

Attachments

• 02B5B252-2CB9-44EC-B810-C46F9187B9EC.jpeg
    02B5B252-2CB9-44EC-B810-C46F9187B9EC.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2
Advertisement
OP changed the thread name to say it is an opinion when he marked a “source” several times in here I’m crying.
No I didnt pal. Our no balls having mods changed it. I went and changed it back to the original thread title and it was changed back and then was promptly threatened with a ban by indy if I changed it again. Know your facts before you talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back