UPDATE: STILL MY OPINION: Hurts decision expected tomorrow/martell by Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it though? Lose at OU then you’re the scapegoat with a short leach. Get benched at OU then wtf is going to draft you?

At Miami, it’s a win win.
1. Start
2. Taking Miami to 10 or 11 wins immediately adds value to your stock. At OU, it doesn’t.
3. If you lose at Miami, it won’t be your fault. Miami is 7-6.

I may be bias but Miami is a safer bet than OU.

Totally agree. Also, at OU he will be compared to the last two Heisman QBs. If his stats aren’t as good it feeds the narrative he isn’t a real QB. Miami is actually a better move if he is optimizing for an NFL career.

Advertisement
Fair point. Personally, I don’t believe OU is a slam dunk because we have Enos. Hurts knows the playbook and system. To me, this was a good test to see if Manny can overcome the odds for once and actually close the deal. I ask myself, if a younger Jimmy Johnson, Butch Davis, Urban Meyer, etc., were in this position, do they close the deal?
Dude, Enos is the only reason why we even have a shot. Did you watch our offense this year? OU has produced two straight Heisman winners and has been in the CFB the past two seasons. That same team has two QB's leaving and a freshman who won't arrive on campus until the summer. Seems like a logical decision when you take the blinders off.

Now if they can't land Martell...

Dude, Enos is the only reason why we even have a shot. Did you watch our offense this year? OU has produced two straight Heisman winners and has been in the CFB the past two seasons. That same team has two QB's leaving and a freshman who won't arrive on campus until the summer. Seems like a logical decision when you take the blinders off.

Now if they can't land Martell...

Fair enough.

Like I said, I am probably overreacting but I continue to think about all the recruits we failed to close on with a top 3 Defense. It’s topic I’m really concerned about with Diaz.

Is it though? Lose at OU then you’re the scapegoat with a short leach. Get benched at OU then wtf is going to draft you?

At Miami, it’s a win win.
1. Start
2. Taking Miami to 10 or 11 wins immediately adds value to your stock. At OU, it doesn’t.
3. If you lose at Miami, it won’t be your fault. Miami is 7-6.

I may be bias but Miami is a safer bet than OU.
I agree with this.

Which seems like a better program to play for right now? Oklahoma who just went to the CFP and had back to back Heisman winners, proven o line and hc or Miami with a new unproven HC that’s taking over a 7-6 team? It’s not a knock on Diaz if he goes to OU. If he went to some mediocre school like Maryland then yeah maybe.

100%

Not a knock on Manny, but the program hasn't shown much in the actual ability to win games. Thanks, Mork. This is going to directly hurt recruiting. Thanks, Mork.

Advertisement
Fair enough.

Like I said, I am probably overreacting but I continue to think about all the recruits we failed to close on with a top 3 Defense. It’s topic I’m really concerned about with Diaz.
Manny had left the program at the end of the early signing period. Are you just now remembering this?

Good points about OU but they lose 4/5’s of their vaunted OL and have a defense even Richt could score 28 against. I don’t think it’s a slam dunk he’s off to the Sooners. I think this is legitimately a tough decision for Jalen and one he’s not taking lightly. If I was him I’d be all in for the U, but this young man has a great head on his shoulders and I’m sure he will make the best decision for himself, to further his career. All I pray is that means in Orange and green
No way Richts offense scores 28 on Oklahoma.

Advertisement
Which seems like a better program to play for right now? Oklahoma who just went to the CFP and had back to back Heisman winners, proven o line and hc or Miami with a new unproven HC that’s taking over a 7-6 team? It’s not a knock on Diaz if he goes to OU. If he went to some mediocre school like Maryland then yeah maybe.

Interesting that despite all that, Miami is still given better odds than Oklahoma at winning the title in 2020.

https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/college-football-national-championship-odds

Miami at +2500
Oklahoma at +3000

Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting that despite all that, Miami is still given better odds than Oklahoma at winning the title in 2020.

https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/college-football-national-championship-odds

Miami at +2500
Oklahoma at +3000

I agree with those odds too. Vegas knows we heavily underperformed last year and knows we were really a 9-3, 10-2 caliber team last year. Despite that, OU has demonstrated it on the field while we haven’t. It’s just an easier sell for OU since they’ve proved it. I still believe we’ll land Hurts but can’t blame him if he chooses OU.

Probably because they thinking Riley will be coaching Dallas Cowboys by then? Riley to NFL is only thing I can think of to make since of that...

I think that's a stretch. Simplest (and correct) answer is that Vegas knows Oklahoma doesn't play defense so it's not winning a natty. Miami has one of the best defenses in the country. If Miami had merely had a serviceable offense last year (even if only the #64 offense in CFB) and scored 28 points per game, we finish 11-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back