UPDATE: STILL MY OPINION: Hurts decision expected tomorrow/martell by Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
One of the trends I am hoping to end under Diaz (deep down i don’t believe it will happen) is coming in 2nd or 3rd place for these elite athletes. If Hurts does decide to go elsewhere, with Enos as your OC, how is this not an indictment on Diaz? I could be overreacting but it’s the same song and dance with this program. Can’t close.

giphy.gif

Who the f knows what Riley has really said to them both and if he's straight lying to them or not but whole thing sure is interesting. Either the dude is playing them both hard or he's a genius salesman.

Why the F would Hurts go there if he is not guaranteed a starting spot like Maryland/Miami and risk a Tua situation, completely dooming his shot at high round NFL pick? Sure the upside may be a bit better for Hurts there versus Miami but by how much really? Is Hurts somehow worried about Tate coming to Miami so he knows he's competing either way?

And why would Riley risk losing Rattler to the portal games over Hurts for 1 year? Is 1 year of Hurts worth ****ing off your own TL? Did Riley sell Rattler on competing with Tua or redshirting for a year?

Idk fellas, my guy just texted me and said it's not looking as good as it did yesterday. We're still in it but he might be getting pushed to oklahoma... holding out hope. He still thinks he comes to miami when the decision is made
Update: text I got just said hed not sure anymore. Hoping for miami but wouldn't be shocked if he goes to Oklahoma
Idk guys we will probably get the same update about Martell not looking good for Miami Wednesday night from this clown.

Advertisement
One of the trends I am hoping to end under Diaz (deep down i don’t believe it will happen) is coming in 2nd or 3rd place for these elite athletes. If Hurts does decide to go elsewhere, with Enos as your OC, how is this not a indictment on Diaz? I could be overreacting but it’s the same song and dance with this program. Can’t close.

OU is the better sell for a 1 year rental. I want him but it’s just true. Martell is the real test.

One of the trends I am hoping to end under Diaz (deep down i don’t believe it will happen) is coming in 2nd or 3rd place for these elite athletes. If Hurts does decide to go elsewhere, with Enos as your OC, how is this not a indictment on Diaz? I could be overreacting but it’s the same song and dance with this program. Can’t close.

Agreed but is it really fair for Diaz to be criticize for not turning us into a playoff contender in 2 weeks? I'll be ****ed as well but we gotta give Diaz some time to turn the ship. In 2 weeks we are already 10x better off than where Richt would have us right now. And bringing in Hurts would be ******* epic, probably making us a top 10 team, but no one expected to be that good that fast with any new coach (leach, mario, babers, lombardi...)

OU is the better sell for a 1 year rental. I want him but it’s just true. Martell is the real test.

OU has better upside unless he gets ******* Tua'd by Rattler. Hurts NFL dreams will crash hard if that kid is really the next TL...

Miami seems like the safer choice albeit less upside..

Which seems like a better program to play for right now? Oklahoma who just went to the CFP and had back to back Heisman winners, proven o line and hc or Miami with a new unproven HC that’s taking over a 7-6 team? It’s not a knock on Diaz if he goes to OU. If he went to some mediocre school like Maryland then yeah maybe.

Advertisement

Is it though? Lose at OU then you’re the scapegoat with a short leach. Get benched at OU then wtf is going to draft you?

At Miami, it’s a win win.
1. Start
2. Taking Miami to 10 or 11 wins immediately adds value to your stock. At OU, it doesn’t.
3. If you lose at Miami, it won’t be your fault. Miami is 7-6.

I may be bias but Miami is a safer bet than OU.

Which seems like a better program to play for right now? Oklahoma who just went to the CFP and had back to back Heisman winners, proven o line and hc or Miami with a new unproven HC that’s taking over a 7-6 team? It’s not a knock on Diaz if he goes to OU. If he went to some mediocre school like Maryland then yeah maybe.

I would agree completely if Diaz didn’t have a history of not closing on athletes.

Agreed but is it really fair for Diaz to be criticize for not turning us into a playoff contender in 2 weeks? I'll be ****ed as well but we gotta give Diaz some time to turn the ship. In 2 weeks we are already 10x better off than where Richt would have us right now. And bringing in Hurts would be ******* epic, probably making us a top 10 team, but no one expected to be that good that fast with any new coach (leach, mario, babers, lombardi...)
Amen! Just think about how we felt about Miami 17 days ago... we were all dreading off season aand a beat down by UF! Now everyone excited and people already transferring (or wanting to transfer BACK). Diaz has got the whole program buzzing! Even Sabin came to bama after failing in Miami but all he did was create a buzz which led to like 90k people at spring game and built that program on buzz until got the roster stacked...

Is it though? Lose at OU then you’re the scapegoat with a short leach. Get benched at OU then wtf is going to draft you?

1. Start
2. Taking Miami to 10 or 11 wins immediately adds value to your stock. At OU, it doesn’t.

I can see that but 20 year old Heisman and NFL hopeful sees back to back CFP appearances and back to back QBs that will be high draft picks.

Advertisement
I think it was the very reliable DSDDCANE who said a couple days ago that Hurts was coming to Miami for a visit as a "courtesy to his former OC".

No reason Diaz and staff shouldn't make an all-out effort, but it's hardly then something to bash Diaz for as a non-closer.

OP probably heard from a Hecht source that Jalen was coming and the staff was psyched and (hoped to have him) appear at the team meeting... which it seems he did not do.

Now the staff is being a bit more realistic I expect, and it's just a longshot for us, and life must go on.

1. Start

You’re drunk

I can see that but 20 year old Heisman and NFL hopeful sees back to back CFP appearances and back to back QBs that will be high draft picks.

Fair point. Personally, I don’t believe OU is a slam dunk because we have Enos. Hurts knows the playbook and system. To me, this was a good test to see if Manny can overcome the odds for once and actually close the deal. I ask myself, if a younger Jimmy Johnson, Butch Davis, Urban Meyer, etc., were in this position, do they close the deal?

Advertisement
Going to OU is not a knock on Diaz, or a referendum on Miami. If you think it is you just don’t have any hope in the program. As multiple people have pointed out, OU has had back to back Heisman winning transfer QBs. That is literally the hardest hill to climb in CFB history.
the problem is - we say this kind of stuff with every top target....eventually it has to mean something.

Good points about OU but they lose 4/5’s of their vaunted OL and have a defense even Richt could score 28 against. I don’t think it’s a slam dunk he’s off to the Sooners. I think this is legitimately a tough decision for Jalen and one he’s not taking lightly. If I was him I’d be all in for the U, but this young man has a great head on his shoulders and I’m sure he will make the best decision for himself, to further his career. All I pray is that means in Orange and green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back