Update on Transfer DE's

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Miami is mulling over adding two more transfers from the portal, both on the defensive line. Former Virginia Tech DE Trevon Hill and former UCLA DE Jaelan Phillips have both publicly expressed interest in transferring to Miami and I can confirm there is mutual interest from UM’s side as well. However, Miami is doing their due diligence here and vetting both before making them surefire takes, as both Hill (off-field) and Phillips (medical) had issues at their previous stops.

If UM decides they want them, I’m told UM feels very confident that they will land both, and there doesn’t seem to be other real contenders for either at this time. Phillips in particular is trying to set up an official visit to UM for this weekend. The ball seems to be in Miami’s court on this one.

Advertisement
23132FCB-70C0-418C-8358-CB8EED518389.gif

Advertisement
I want Travon Hill! Its only a one year rental, but, it will give our younger players another year to grow and learn from a Great Dline coach and from a Senior in Hill. I hope that his hot headedness will not stop Manny from seeing his passion for the game, and that it fits in as Old School Cane' type of player. Would really put pressure on the QB. Go Manny!

So @Stefan Adams if we land Hill and Phillips, I assume Boykin and Bogle are still takes? That's some serious talent and depth on the defensive side of the ball if we land all four of them and amazing considering how bad our class was looking just a month ago. Unreal work by Manny and the staff to pick up the pieces and bring in such a premier transfer class to make up for the recruiting shortcomings of the prior regime.

Advertisement
So @Stefan Adams if we land Hill and Phillips, I assume Boykin and Bogle are still takes? That's some serious talent and depth on the defensive side of the ball if we land all four of them and amazing considering how bad our class was looking just a month ago. Unreal work by Manny and the staff to pick up the pieces and bring in such a premier transfer class to make up for the recruiting shortcomings of the prior regime.
I think Boykin lost his spot. Check his thread out. Looks like Bogle is being pushed to make a decision — commit or lose your spot.

I think Boykin lost his spot. Check his thread out. Looks like Bogle is being pushed to make a decision — commit or lose your spot.

Which is exactly how Manny needs to operate going forward, especially with these Florida HS recruits. I’ve never seen so much drama and diva mentality compared to other places. They yank us and use as a stepping stone early, yank our chain (no pun intended) then bolt for the SEC. Either commit and be loyal or go somewhere else. Period.

Thanks. Not a make or break recruit for this class, but would have been nice. Maybe we will gain a little headway on Hunte? I know he previously looked PSU bound, but they recently took another DL recruit so maybe he got processed out.

Advertisement
I want Travon Hill! Its only a one year rental, but, it will give our younger players another year to grow and learn from a Great Dline coach and from a Senior in Hill. I hope that his hot headedness will not stop Manny from seeing his passion for the game, and that it fits in as Old School Cane' type of player. Would really put pressure on the QB. Go Manny!

DE is thin. We really have no proven players outside of Garvin and an often injured Patchan. Hill would automatically be in the rotation.

The Portal is like the free market. Once bag schools monopolized recruiting it was hard for non bag schools to compete and then love and behold, the portal comes in at with loosened restrictions and now teams like Miami have another option of adding quality and blue Chip depth faster than ever before. Now we can compete with the big boys and not add fringe 3 star guys that would be dead weight in our roster but high impact/ Savage players.

Advertisement
The Portal is like the free market. Once bag schools monopolized recruiting it was hard for non bag schools to compete and then love and behold, the portal comes in at with loosened restrictions and now teams like Miami have another option of adding quality and blue Chip depth faster than ever before. Now we can compete with the big boys and not add fringe 3 star guys that would be dead weight in our roster but high impact/ Savage players.

My feeling exactly, we can’t afford the shiny new cars. We need to focus on money on coaches who can coach so our play on the field comes back to Miami standards and pick the used cars we like and take advantage of the ones coming from schools like Bama and Clemson that actually developed players and beef them up. Er then can bring them in man size for one or two years. With so many players leaving after three years anyway, we are missing little time and getting them at a discount.

Advertisement
Back