Update on RB recruiting

View as article
Easy way to sell this is "we just wanted to see how you bounced back from that injury. Spots are slim." You gotta keep up communication during this period though

Advertisement
yup and like Stefan I think said yesterday, these kids read these articles . Jit gotta go get on here and read that he a last resort
He’ll think like that if he’s a loser and a baby.

If he’s a winner, he’ll think, “I have an opportunity that only 25 other guys in the entire world has—to attend the best school in Florida that has won more NCs than every other Florida school for free...a school down the road from my family...a school that I have liked my whole life...a school that held off on offering me like every other marquee school.”

Is Wright mad at all the other marquee programs that backed off him because of his injuries the last two years or just UM? These local goofballs crack me up.
Which other programs exactly began ignoring him ?

And of those, which is the local school with one of his teammates committed ?

He’ll think like that if he’s a loser and a baby.

If he’s a winner, he’ll think, “I have an opportunity that only 25 other guys in the entire world has—to attend the best school in Florida that has won more NCs than every other Florida school for free...a school down the road from my family...a school that I have liked my whole life...a school that held off on offering me like every other marquee school.”
Some guys ain’t built like that man. These are still teenagers we’re talking about . It’s easy for you or me to say that because we know better . A lot of these kids and even their parents don’t .

2 weeks back, I started getting indications from a trusted source that Kenny McIntosh was in fact an Oklahoma lean and reported so in the August Freshman 15. Since that time and talking to more sources, that view has only been strengthened in my mind.

What has changed in the past few weeks though is UM's view on RB recruiting. I was originally told that Miami was fine with one RB in this class if in fact McIntosh went to Oklahoma; however, sources have confirmed to CIS that Miami will pursue Nayquan Wright if they miss on McIntosh, which appears likely at this time. Miami will continue to recruit McIntosh as the priority until he officially announces something, but is planning to line up Wright as the backup option.

As for Nayquan Wright: sources close to his recruitment have indicated to me he has been upset at Miami for essentially ignoring him since his injury last year. I'll just say he does not have the most positive view of UM at this point and leave it at that. Miami has a lot of work to do with Wright, but there's no telling how he responds once UM starts showing him consistent love. At least once source close to the recruitment has said UM could have easily locked up Wright a year ago if they pressed for him.

This is a developing situation and as we learn more, you'll be the first to know.
i dont care about mcintosh after i seen how is brother bolted. get mad but i dont care.

Advertisement
This staff recruits with integrity, so it's easy to look at it from the outside and say we should be recruiting both. Let's be real, im pretty sure No team gets all the players they want, but i like our straight up recruiting style, they told i forgetbthe qb's me that chose penn disgrace, he was the only qb they were recruiting and it was True, they were saving that rb2 spot and rightfully so for rj's brother, same thing Ahmon's brother which is why battle wasnt a priority.

If battle, mcintosh or tyrique choose not to come to UM, we gone be straight, and if its in their hearts to go elsewhere, than let them go elsewhere, the ones who belong here are the ones who's hearts are in it, that's why jaquan is still here.

And to be honest, lil mc is a baller now at the highschool level and he actually reminds(i normally dont do this, but when i saw his tape)me of maurice clarett in a lot of ways, but i guy is going to have to be a heck of a runningback with balls to have enough confidence to commit here knowing what's already stacked up in front of him.

So when the staff steps to Mr. Wright, they will be straight up again. We are not a desparate recruiting school, we are back to recruiting from strength, but with respect for all recruits, even the ones who we dont recruit right away. This staff, led by coach richt has done and excellent job of adding better talent to this team based on their own evals, not based on these nerd recruiting web sites who somehow claim to be able to rank highschool players by he hundreds, lol

Than what's worst now than the actual nerd website rankings is hearing commentators during the game mention a players so called star rating, if he's balling but was rated as qa 2 or star, they'll say "this guy is outplaying his ranking" how bout NOOOO, somebody got it wrong or if the guy was rated a five star player coming out, but is playing like garbage than they'll say "he was rated a five star coming out of highschol, its time for him to start living up too etc. Etc." NOOO, once again, somebody got it wrong.

So we this staff is straight in what they are doing, the problem is the internet.

Advertisement
Which other programs exactly began ignoring him ?

And of those, which is the local school with one of his teammates committed ?
Every other marquee program in the world. Some programs are getting juiced about him now, just like we are, because he’s shown that he’s bouncing back well from a serious injury.

Lots of folks completely wrote him off last year. There were reports he was fat and sloppy and people doubted if he’d ever come back. So, yeah, it’s completely reasonable for a marquee program that expects to sign top 10 classes every year would wait to see if he bounced back or not.

We’re in year 2 of the Bobby Burns experience, and he’s not been close to sniffing the field.

Some guys ain’t built like that man. These are still teenagers we’re talking about . It’s easy for you or me to say that because we know better . A lot of these kids and even their parents don’t .
If they’re weak mentally like that they don’t usually succeed in the big time anyway. So if he’s an entitled baby who thinks he should entitled to UM’s unwavering loyalty despite coming off a serious injury and no one else showing him that unwavering loyalty he expects from UM, then fck him. We’ll survive without this dude if he decides to be a petulant baby.

Have you ever seen Norman, Oklahoma?

I mean - the post card Alpine Mountain views, the balmy islands just offshore, and the cultural integration all work together to create a world-wide destination spot - along with it's huge international airport complex.

It's almost too much to compete with.
I assume when you're talking about balmy islands you're talking about everything sun 'n surf....glorious beaches, world-class deep sea fishing, palm trees....

Beautiful paradise that is Norman....

And I can't count the times I've seen "I'm never going to worry about RB while Richt and Brown are here"

Well we're about to have a long *** thread of mods and posters whining about how we are recruiting RBs so that didn't last long.

Don't matter if we sign a class full of studs, like last year, people will complain about whoever gets away. Even though the player they are whining about in this thread hasn't even gotten away...

You are correct... When Brown missed on McFarland, everyone said the same thing, don't put all your eggs in one basket and that year we only pulled Burns. Hartley cleaned house last year but only signed polendey in '17 it appears it will happen with Richt Jr this year on QB's staff has to be aware of it happening not like they are greenhorns anymore.

Advertisement
People freaked out when we didn’t get Anthony McFarland and then within the next 2 weeks of that got a 5 Star rb Lorenzo Lingard and 4 Star rb Camron Davis to commit. Same situation with Mckitty and ended up upgrading vastly with Brevin Jordan and will Mallory. Some misses are blessings in disguise
Better tell em!

Yall are so stupid!!!!! We werent ignoring Wright because of Mcintosh, we were ignoring him because 1. Hes 5'7 and 2. He completely blew out his knee and for a running back thats extremely risky. Idiots.

Yall some *******. The Gators could have a thread about us crying and it would have more pages than ours does. Yall need to understand yall are not coaches, recruiters, ANYTHING. Judge the team on hoe we win but we have no idea what happens behind the scenes. Having an opinion is school but what has been said so far this thread is embarrassing. Lock this disgrace already.

Advertisement
I assume when you're talking about balmy islands you're talking about everything sun 'n surf....glorious beaches, world-class deep sea fishing, palm trees....

Beautiful paradise that is Norman....

I liked in McIntosh's interview where he said something along the lines of "of course education is #1" I wonder if that line of thinking was the same as RJ's when he committed then left pre-degree..... asking for a friend.

Let’s take it further. Let’s say everyone in the RB room is Christian and the Rapture happens. Now there are zero people to run the ball next year.

***king Mark Richt recruiting
Satan might be available to play immediately as a senior transfer.

It’s more a problem with their philosophy and strategy, not missing on an RB

This type of **** is the reason why we’re playing catch up with Battle after ignoring him for guys like Steele

Or how about completely ignoring the QB who committed to Clemson after we went all in on MJJ

It’s becoming a pattern

I'll grant that Tai was completely **** up on our part.
and I'll agree that we should have been on Battle sooner, but I think we did a good job of taking the L with Steele and moving on when it was obvious he was clowning. So they'll get a pass for adjusting and fixing it early enough.
In the case of Wright, I am okay with the staff only taking 1 back since our need isn't very high and I think our time is better spent getting those 2020 guys. It seems like the staff agreed with me at first and just now changed their mind and think it might actually be worth pursuing a 2nd guy. But imo, either way works.

They definitely got strike one for the ***** up with Tai (and barely avoided strike 2 by finding Jarren out of no where last year) and I definitely think we dropped the ball on some of the 5* studs we missed (even though it is hard to compete with $ec bags) and not having back ups like Samuel in place. But I don't think we can this a "pattern" just yet and I don't think we should look towards the recruiting of a position we really don't need to worry about as proof that it is.

Advertisement
Back