Update on numbers and transfers post-signing day

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
If you read the predictions article from yesterday, I referenced how I was told from a program source that UM was operating from the standpoint that they have 4 spots available in this class coming into today. 2 of those were being saved for a transfer DE and a transfer OL, while the other 2 were for high school recruits in the 2019 class.

Today, the Canes added 2019 CB Christian Williams and Virginia Tech grad transfer DE Trevon Hill, so UM is still looking to add 2 more players. As of now, the only 2 players I’m aware Miami is chasing after are transfers from the portal: UCLA DE transfer Jaelan Phillips and Georgia Tech OL grad transfer Parker Braun.

With Phillips, I picked him to Miami last week and I’m told it’s nearing towards a done deal. The original plan with Phillips was to hold off on enrolling him until the fall to count him towards the 2020 numbers since he has to sit out the 2019 season regardless and instead use the spot on someone that could be eligible next year (a high schooler or a grad transfer). It’s unclear if that plan has changed since UM did not land a second high school recruit today and UM now has an extra spot to give.

On Braun, I’m hearing there’s heavy interest coming from the player side due to Miami’s wide open depth chart on the OL. I’m told Miami is very confident in their chances to land Braun and are working him hard to get him on campus for a visit. The Florida Gators are thought to be another prominent contender, along with Texas and Ohio State.

Advertisement
If you read the predictions article from yesterday, I referenced how I was told from a program source that UM was operating from the standpoint that they have 4 spots available in this class coming into today. 2 of those were being saved for a transfer DE and a transfer OL, while the other 2 were for high school recruits in the 2019 class.

Today, the Canes added 2019 CB Christian Williams and Virginia Tech grad transfer DE Trevon Hill, so UM is still looking to add 2 more players. As of now, the only 2 players I’m aware Miami is chasing after are transfers from the portal: UCLA DE transfer Jaelan Phillips and Georgia Tech OL grad transfer Parker Braun.

With Phillips, I picked him to Miami last week and I’m told it’s nearing towards a done deal. The original plan with Phillips was to hold off on enrolling him until the fall to count him towards the 2020 numbers since he has to sit out the 2019 season regardless and instead use the spot on someone that could be eligible next year (a high schooler or a grad transfer). It’s unclear if that plan has changed since UM did not land a second high school recruit today and UM now has an extra spot to give.

On Braun, I’m hearing there’s heavy interest coming from the player side due to Miami’s wide open depth chart on the OL. I’m told Miami is very confident in their chances to land Braun and are working him hard to get him on campus for a visit. The Florida Gators are thought to be another prominent contender, along with Texas and Ohio State.

I like the Rutgers kid more than Braun, but if Braun means we can get his little brother too then **** it, why not?

Big......

Advertisement

Oooooooo ****

Other teams are acting like its some sort of a bad thing we getting players from the portal almost as if it doesnt count. ***** YOU STILL GOTTA PLAY THEM. YOU STILL GOTTA BLOCK THEM YOU STILL GOTTA TACKLE AND COVER THEM. HOW THEY NOT COUNT??? THEY GON TAKE THE FIELD OR NAH? THEY GON PLAY OR NAH?? LMFAOOOO

Advertisement
Other teams are acting like its some sort of a bad thing we getting players from the portal almost as if it doesnt count. * YOU STILL GOTTA PLAY THEM. YOU STILL GOTTA BLOCK THEM YOU STILL GOTTA TACKLE AND COVER THEM. HOW THEY NOT COUNT??? THEY GON TAKE THE FIELD OR NAH? THEY GON PLAY OR NAH?? LMFAOOOO
OH DA TURDS SKERRED....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Confused as to how the staff can be very confident in Braun but are having a hard time getting him on campus for a visit. UF has already done so. It seems rather obvious (to me anyways) we are trailing.

I hope we go after the kid @Zbrod95 was talking about from Missouri and aren't putting all our eggs in the Braun basket.

Confused as to how the staff can be very confident in Braun but are having a hard time getting him on campus for a visit. UF has already done so. It seems rather obvious (to me anyways) we are trailing.

What I’m confused about is the “heavy interest is coming from the player(Braun) due to Miami’s depth chart” but haven’t gotten him on campus yet. Doesn’t make sense unless that wasn’t meant to say that.

I hope we go after the kid @Zbrod95 was talking about from Missouri and aren't putting all our eggs in the Braun basket.
Na, we can get Braun. His father mentioned spring break as a time frame because I believe he’s still taking classes at GT.

Advertisement
Back