Update on Dante Buford, top 150 combo forward we're after

Advertisement
fwiw Jerry Meyer who is the scouting director at 247sports has him going to us.

Advertisement
This seems like a must get after missing out on a few of our recent targets.

Well we have 4 great commits currently, 2 slots left open. If we miss on Buford I would bet we wait until the spring to see what the waiver...er transfer wire brings.

As it stands now we have a top 20 class so I'd say Buford would make us closer to top 10 so hardly think he's a must get, more like it would be a great way to finish the class

Last edited:
With our depth up front and at the 3 next year, I would say he is close to a must get. But given the talent we have coming in for next season we look to be in great shape.

With our depth up front and at the 3 next year, I would say he is close to a must get. But given the talent we have coming in for next season we look to be in great shape.

well we just got commits from Ivan Cruz Uceda a 6 '10' JUCO big plus Omar Sherman a top 150 6'9" big plus Tonye and Kelly are back next year as well so as it stands now we are good but one more big would be nice.

well we just got commits from Ivan Cruz Uceda a 6 '10' JUCO big plus Omar Sherman a top 150 6'9" big plus Tonye and Kelly are back next year as well so as it stands now we are good but one more big would be nice.

Yeah I know, it's tough to rely on only 4 bigs for an entire season especially with 2 of those being newcomers. Then again I wouldn't be disappointed if we brought in 2 graduate guys to fill the final 2 spots to have 3 scholarships available for the following year.

Advertisement

Yeah I know, it's tough to rely on only 4 bigs for an entire season especially with 2 of those being newcomers. Then again I wouldn't be disappointed if we brought in 2 graduate guys to fill the final 2 spots to have 3 scholarships available for the following year.

We're not going to have only four bigs. We will bring in another big, whether it is through recruiting freshmen, JUCOs, or a grad transfer, and with those two scholarships left, I wouldn't be surprised if we see both occur. We do want to push a scholarship to 2015, if not two, but we don't want to leave it open if we can avoid it.

gotta wonder if Sherman will get flagged by NCAA since Prime Time Academy has had some issues with their athletes getting cleared.

gotta wonder if Sherman will get flagged by NCAA since Prime Time Academy has had some issues with their athletes getting cleared.

According to Twitter, he left and went back to his original high school, and this was the first semester that he was at Prime Prep. My guess is that he and his family were promised that certain clearances would be forthcoming, and when they weren't, he left when he could still get grades/credits at his original high school and would still be eligible to play there. I assume that we checked him out thoroughly.

Advertisement
Any tape on this sherman kid?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-basketball/Pangos-All-American-Camp-Omar-Sherman-1116786

[video=youtube;7Ng461mkgpo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ng461mkgpo[/video]

[video=youtube;cSLKoJR6G3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSLKoJR6G3s[/video]

Watched a couple of his AAU videos and I absolutly love Sherman as a prospect. He reminded me of Gamble when it comes to the soundness of the technical aspects of a big man's game. It's very rare that you see big men at any level anymore look to box out their an on the boards this kid does it consistently, the same goes for him setting screens. I was lso very impressed with his jumpshot and his skills down low.

He did a great job outplaying Quadri Moore, a former Miami recruit and a commitment to Cincinnati and Jared Nickens a Maryland commit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back