UPDATE: Kuligowski going in-home with USC commit tonight

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami Hurricanes defensive line coach Craig's Kuligowski was at Cathedral High School in Los Angeles, California this afternoon -- checking in on 4-star DE Hunter Echols, who is a USC commit.

Miami is making a run at Echols and will be trying to get him on campus for an official visit, according to a source

UPDATE: Echols just told CanesInSight that he has an in-home visit with Craig Kuligowski and Manny Diaz tonight. More info in the work.

Last edited:
Advertisement
tumblr_ny7ycnD8qY1unwageo1_250.gif

Advertisement
Love this. We got three beasts in the boat, now Kool is going for a grand slam to close out (Echols, Kaindoh, etc). No-lose situation.

Advertisement
Maybe Chad is leaving? Or someone is transferring

Seems like we are going to take 1 more DE

I think there are several layers here. We will go anywhere to find a kid. We want to establish and maintain relationships all over the nation. Our DL in general is pretty ******* stacked and stout, we may lose kids to the league early or transfer. I also am not sure what next year's group looks like, but may be an over take this year and an under take next year.

Advertisement
Maybe someone will get processed. Fines? Patchan has had numerous knee injuries, how long is he gonna keep trying?

You never know

Advertisement
A dominant dline rotation is scary. Bama is the gold standard and we can be just like that with the best dline coachin the game. IImagine our 4 linebackers with one of the deepest, most talented dlines and how easy it makes the secondaries job each play. Kul is playing this perfectly

To me it looks like there are some def potential NFL jumpers after next season. We would be pretty thin if they all jumped. Although the DT spot feels like it could have the jumpers!

Here it is currently:

Defensive Tackle (6)

Anthony Moten
Courtel Jenkins

RJ McIntosh
Kendrick Norton
Gerald Willis (RS)

Ryan Fines (RS)

Jonathan Ford

Defensive End (6)

Chad Thomas
Trent Harris

Demetrius Jackson (RS)
Scott Patchan

Pat Bethel
Joe Jackson

Jonathan Garvin
D.J. Johnson

Yeah, we could definitely use another quality DT. Norton and McIntosh and maybe even Willis could all be gone.

I would like Chad to stick around and get better, but if he goes I like the idea of taking another kid in this cycle, so after next years crew leave we have one more kid with a year under KOOL and our SC program.

As Miami gets back in the national championship hunt and with its history of DL production and with Kuligowski here, we'll be in it for most of the DL we want....

Miami Hurricanes defensive line coach Craig's Kuligowski was at Cathedral High School in Los Angeles, California this afternoon -- checking in on 4-star DE Hunter Echols, who is a USC commit.

Miami is making a run at Echols and will be trying to get him on campus for an official visit, according to a source

Advertisement
Back