UPDATE: Kuligowski going in-home with USC commit tonight

Maybe Chad is leaving? Or someone is transferring

Seems like we are going to take 1 more DE

I would like Chad to stick around and get better, but if he goes I like the idea of taking another kid in this cycle, so after next years crew leave we have one more kid with a year under KOOL and our SC program.
Guys must have missed the thread where Chad announced he was staying?

Advertisement
We have plenty of room and need depth. We have QB and RB taken care of. Give me a ton lineman on both sides on the ball that these coaches develop.

I would like Chad to stick around and get better, but if he goes I like the idea of taking another kid in this cycle, so after next years crew leave we have one more kid with a year under KOOL and our SC program.

He didn't... Pete did.

Advertisement

Chad called him out for it . . .

Miami Hurricanes defensive line coach Craig's Kuligowski was at Cathedral High School in Los Angeles, California this afternoon -- checking in on 4-star DE Hunter Echols, who is a USC commit.

Miami is making a run at Echols and will be trying to get him on campus for an official visit, according to a source

UPDATE: Echols just told CanesInSight that he has an in-home visit with Craig Kuligowski and Manny Diaz tonight. More info in the work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I'd like to see Chad put on weight and muscle and move inside ahead of Courtel and Moten. It'll be best for him and his chances in the league. He's just not explosive and fast enough off the edge. If he stays at DE, I'd like to see him use his hands better, get low around the corner and use the hand over to explode back inside after faking the outside rush.

Per CS, he wants to team up with DJ in college. Wouldnt surprise me if he ends up a Cane.

Of what he knows about UM's program, Echols said, "I really like Miami. All the great players that have gone there - Devin Hester, Greg Olsen, Jeremy Shockey, the list goes on and on. They're just great football players and I feel I'm a great football player and I belong at a program like Miami."

Per CS, he wants to team up with DJ in college. Wouldnt surprise me if he ends up a Cane.

Of what he knows about UM's program, Echols said, "I really like Miami. All the great players that have gone there - Devin Hester, Greg Olsen, Jeremy Shockey, the list goes on and on. They're just great football players and I feel I'm a great football player and I belong at a program like Miami."

Well if that's not telling.

I've never felt this positive before about crooting season. Trying not to get my hopes up.

Advertisement
I'd like to see Chad put on weight and muscle and move inside ahead of Courtel and Moten. It'll be best for him and his chances in the league. He's just not explosive and fast enough off the edge. If he stays at DE, I'd like to see him use his hands better, get low around the corner and use the hand over to explode back inside after faking the outside rush.

Didn't Chad have like 1/5th of our QB hits and pressures this season? On a defense that lead the nation in TFL? He's alright.

Advertisement
I wonder if DJ tipped him off to Echols wanting to know about UM more when Kool did his in home visit. This was real random. But I like it!

Advertisement
Back