Update Frank Ladson

Advertisement
Ppl really upset with this take. Wild stuff. Where is the negative in taking him? Even if he is injured etc… we have the scholarships and he can help recruit 2023 kids to stay home. There is no negative here
I don't really care one way or the other but we have a hard cap at 85 players so any transfer that is more than a 1 year rental means less scholarships for the '23 and '24 classes .... unless a ****load of guys enter the portal.

I don't really care one way or the other but we have a hard cap at 85 players so any transfer that is more than a 1 year rental means less scholarships for the '23 and '24 classes .... unless a ****load of guys enter the portal.

Plenty are leaving and I’m pretty sure because of the portal they have changed some of those numbers around.

I'm not out on it but I'm tired of these kids spurning UM only to come crawling back

Spurning us?

Can you legitimately say that if you were in his shoes you would've picked us over Clemson at the time?

If the answer is yes, you're out of your **** mind.

These guys futures are on the line, you don't pick us at that time. It didn't work out for him there, our situation has changed, and the future will be what it is.

Advertisement
I'm not out on it but I'm tired of these kids spurning UM only to come crawling back

Fair take but they are kids and kids that you g make mistakes. He didn’t do anything disrespectful stuff during his recruitment so I don’t see any issue.

Not like we are taking guys who there Miamis hat in the ground and dogged the program publicly

Plenty are leaving and I’m pretty sure because of the portal they have changed some of those numbers around.
The 85 number has not changed so we need to "lose" one to "add" one that isn't a one year rental otherwise they count toward our '23 number.

So you wouldn't have taken Tyrique because of your pride?

They say you should never make business decisions based on emotions. Factoring the fact that they didnt choose us out of HS as to whether they can be an asset to the team is not wise.

All I care about is whether he can make us a better team. And if healthy, he without a doubt can. This kid has all the physical tools you can want.

Advertisement
Ppl really upset with this take. Wild stuff. Where is the negative in taking him? Even if he is injured etc… we have the scholarships and he can help recruit 2023 kids to stay home. There is no negative here
Hurricane fans have been irrational for two decades. They act as if we haven't been mediocre for quite sometime. We're not in a position to deny talent period. You take a flyer and hope the kid reaches his fullest potential.

Spurning us?

Can you legitimately say that if you were in his shoes you would've picked us over Clemson at the time?

If the answer is yes, you're out of your **** mind.

These guys futures are on the line, you don't pick us at that time. It didn't work out for him there, our situation has changed, and the future will be what it is.
I'd have picked us, but I'm a hopeless romantic and I'm in love with Miami.

These kids are out here making business decisions.

I think it depends how they handled their recruitment. I don't remember him being disrespectful but maybe he was? Either way, that's what I think is important.

For example, I'd tell Donell Harris to eat a bag of ****s if he tried to transfer to Miami.

Advertisement
I'm sure its already been mentioned somewhere in this thread but does he have 2 years of eligibility left or 1? Should be 2 with the covid year right?

Advertisement
For several years, Miami Hurricane fans have bemoaned the so-called talent gap between UM and ACC perennial frontrunner Clemson.

This year Miami has one player with direct knowledge on that gap … and if it’s big or small.

That’s WR Frank Ladson, Jr., who signed with the Tigers in the Class of 2019. Ladson transferred to Miami last month.

His take on the gap?

“Honestly, being in the locker room with those guys, I know I haven’t been here long but I don’t see a gap, honestly,” Ladson said at a recent LifeWallet event. “It’ll be a very interesting year.”

For the Canes, the hope is Ladson can emulate the success of the last transfer that came to Miami, Oklahoma transfer Charleston Rambo - he had 1,172 yards and seven TDs last season.

Ladson’s career at Clemson was derailed by injury. His best year at Clemson was in 2020 when he had 18 receptions for 281 yards while starting four games. This past year he had season-ending groin surgery in October and had just four catches.

“I’m good,” Ladson said. “I’ve been doing Fourth Quarter drills, all the workouts, routes, everything.”

Ladson says he’s fully cleared to do spring ball but isn’t sure what receiver position he’ll start out playing.

“Somewhere on the outside, I’ll probably move around,” he said. “It’s a new offense, new coach.”

Ladson says the receivers have gone over “some of the offense” with new coordinator Josh Gattis.

“That’s been great,” Ladson said. “Where he’s been, a lot of the guys he’s coached - I’m really excited.

“It’s a little bit of everything (in the offense). I think it’s going to be fun to be in a new system, learning a new system. I’m excited.”

Ladson has high expectations, and that starts with hard work this spring.

He’s participated in the Fourth Quarter workouts and says “I’m just a team guy, man. I love the guys, love everybody, the fans.”

The bottom line for Ladson, who is a former Homestead South Dade High star?

“I love being back home,” he says. “I’m just going to work hard and do my part.”

For several years, Miami Hurricane fans have bemoaned the so-called talent gap between UM and ACC perennial frontrunner Clemson.

This year Miami has one player with direct knowledge on that gap … and if it’s big or small.

That’s WR Frank Ladson, Jr., who signed with the Tigers in the Class of 2019. Ladson transferred to Miami last month.

His take on the gap?

“Honestly, being in the locker room with those guys, I know I haven’t been here long but I don’t see a gap, honestly,” Ladson said at a recent LifeWallet event. “It’ll be a very interesting year.”

For the Canes, the hope is Ladson can emulate the success of the last transfer that came to Miami, Oklahoma transfer Charleston Rambo - he had 1,172 yards and seven TDs last season.

Ladson’s career at Clemson was derailed by injury. His best year at Clemson was in 2020 when he had 18 receptions for 281 yards while starting four games. This past year he had season-ending groin surgery in October and had just four catches.

“I’m good,” Ladson said. “I’ve been doing Fourth Quarter drills, all the workouts, routes, everything.”

Ladson says he’s fully cleared to do spring ball but isn’t sure what receiver position he’ll start out playing.

“Somewhere on the outside, I’ll probably move around,” he said. “It’s a new offense, new coach.”

Ladson says the receivers have gone over “some of the offense” with new coordinator Josh Gattis.

“That’s been great,” Ladson said. “Where he’s been, a lot of the guys he’s coached - I’m really excited.

“It’s a little bit of everything (in the offense). I think it’s going to be fun to be in a new system, learning a new system. I’m excited.”

Ladson has high expectations, and that starts with hard work this spring.

He’s participated in the Fourth Quarter workouts and says “I’m just a team guy, man. I love the guys, love everybody, the fans.”

The bottom line for Ladson, who is a former Homestead South Dade High star?

“I love being back home,” he says. “I’m just going to work hard and do my part.”
Good to hear this stuff but Rique also said the same thing about our team and Georgia lol.

Advertisement
Back