Update Frank Ladson

Question is, in these spread offense times, can you compete for a NC with QB who isn't BOTH a great passer and can move around and run very effectively when called upon to do so? Williams would seem to have that Bryce Young potential. TVD probably doesn't.
TVD can move better than mac jones and if asked I think he could be close to joe burrow.. His mobility isnt an issue.. Williams is obviously better but TVD isnt a statue that hurts a team

Advertisement
Advertisement
TVD can move better than mac jones and if asked I think he could be close to joe burrow.. His mobility isnt an issue.. Williams is obviously better but TVD isnt a statue that hurts a team
I love TVD's play. What I was talking about was not just his mobility (which, as you say, is pretty good), but the speed of the opposing defense. Question is, to beat a Bama or 2021 Georgia defense, do you need that extra athleticism/mobility?

Cade McNamara isn't as good as TVD. There's no question about that but ... he still put up good numbers for Michigan throughout their season. Against UGA, he couldn't escape that relentless pressure. Young, when he played UGA could handle it, and that made all the difference.

Is this cat joining or what? He spurned miami once. We aint sloppy seconds

Advertisement
Question is, in these spread offense times, can you compete for a NC with QB who isn't BOTH a great passer and can move around and run very effectively when called upon to do so? Williams would seem to have that Bryce Young potential. TVD probably doesn't.
How different athletically is Burrow and TVD?

How different athletically is Burrow and TVD?
Burrow was a threat running the ball (760 yds and 12 TDs in two seasons at LSU). Thus far, Tyler hasn't shown that kind of mobility/ability. Of course, he hasn't been asked to. To answer ur question, I don't know how they compare athletically. Both are very accurate and TVD only stands to get even better with that.

Burrow was a threat running the ball (760 yds and 12 TDs in two seasons at LSU). Thus far, Tyler hasn't shown that kind of mobility/ability. Of course, he hasn't been asked to. To answer ur question, I don't know how they compare athletically. Both are very accurate and TVD only stands to get even better with that.
My question was rhetorical. I think TVD is fairly comparable to Burrow athletically. Both operate largely from the pocket. Maybe Burrow is a better runner, but it’s not sufficiently different where I think a guy like TVD can’t succeed in today’s era.

And I totally forgot that last year’s national championship qb was … Mac Jones.

Advertisement
When Coleman committed to Deion the reflex from Miami fans was to laud the current WR room but we could really use Ladson's experience imo. Keyshawn and Restrepo have played quite a bit but it would be ideal to have one more guy who's a bit more developed.

Advertisement
Is this cat joining or what? He spurned miami once. We aint sloppy seconds
The only way I don't see it happening is if Miami was to move on. He wants to come back home and is friends with TS and LT. He's openly telling people he's coming. Banks was good on his side and Miamis but both sides got cold feet. It can all happen within hours. If it keeps dragging out another week or so id think somethings up.

I do see some portal guys beginning to jump in the next week or two.

When Coleman committed to Deion the reflex from Miami fans was to laud the current WR room but we could really use Ladson's experience imo. Keyshawn and Restrepo have played quite a bit but it would be ideal to have one more guy who's a bit more developed.
At one time they were ok with Wease and Ladson. So they obviously want some veterans added.

Advertisement
Back