UPDATE: Brian Edwards in-home today

Our talent is improving drastically!!!! We can't fault the staff for not being doggedly on them. I say we're in lead position with Edwards and Henderson being more of an unknown, but good possibility. We're getting better, but it's going to take a 2017 & 2018 monster classes to get to where we want to be. Patience

Advertisement
In Diaz's system, I'd be really intrigued with Edwards as a Safety.

I like Edwards better as a pure CB and Collier better as a safety. I got a feeling they're taking one or the other and Collier's offer depends on landing Edwards or not.

Send Collier to ASA Miami with intention of offering in 2 years for the c/o 2019.

Advertisement
It's clear now that the staff wants the following at CB -

1. Bandy
2. Henderson
3. Edwards
4. Juco CB

Plan B -

1. Antwan Collier
2. Brini

I really like that Keisean Nixon kid out of Arizona Western, best juco DB I have watched this year.

It's clear some of these recruits have daddy issues with as much attention they need. I can't wait for the day that we have 100% solid commits and this wavering BS from hometown kids is put to rest.

It's clear some of these recruits have daddy issues with as much attention they need. I can't wait for the day that we have 100% solid commits and this wavering BS from hometown kids is put to rest.

You're in for a long wait, my friend.

They're looking at collier as a safety

Pete, what's holding them up from offering/ taking him then?

Do you really need another guy to explain to you that they think they can get a better player than him? Why else would they hold off on offering him? They want his acne to clear up first?

I get that but you tell me who else they are recruiting at Safety? To me it seems like the position was finished with Gibson and Carter, who are both solid

So why keep recruiting Collier so hard but not offer if they plan on taking another safety?

Advertisement
In an ideal world, they would want Edwards, Henderson, and a JUCO guy to close the class at DB.

They view Edwards as a guy who can play both corner or safety

So they view him playing a Jalen Ramsey esque role on defense? Why did he decommit then?

Apparently the staff wasn't paying enough attention to him. At least that's what was reported on this board.

That isn't true. They've been on him hard the whole time.

It was more about him wanting attention from other schools, which doesn't happen when you're a solid commit.

My mistake on that as it relates to our staff. But I do question wanting more attention from other schools. If you're worth a salt, schools will be trying to knock down your door regardless of your situation. Which I'm not questioning Edwards skill as he's good. Just saying though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back