Up 1 in the Coaches Poll

Advertisement
Year in, year out, polls are stupid, don't properly account for strength of schedule, and go too much based on 'gut' feelings of which teams are good.

There are probably 30+ teams that would be undefeated against BYU's schedule, and another two dozen that would be undefeated against Cincinnati's. Having them ranked ahead of us and IU is silly. Polls are for the TV networks.

I only give the slightest **** about our poll rankings because of the optics and how it effects recruiting.

The fact that there are preseason polls tells you everything you need to know about what's wrong with the polls.

Advertisement
The fact that there are preseason polls tells you everything you need to know about what's wrong with the polls
See below some of the highlights from this years pre-season poll:

1. Clemson Tigers (38 first-place votes)
2. Ohio State Buckeyes (21)
3. Alabama
4. Georgia Bulldogs
5. Oklahoma Sooners
6. LSU Tigers (1)
7. Penn State Nittany Lions

8. Florida Gators
9. Oregon Ducks
10. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
11. Auburn Tigers
12. Wisconsin Badgers
13. Texas A&M Aggies
14. Texas Longhorns
15. Oklahoma State Cowboys
16. Michigan Wolverines
17. USC Trojans
18. North Carolina Tar Heels
19. Minnesota Golden Gophers

20. Cincinnati Bearcats
21. UCF Knights
22. Utah Utes

23. Iowa State Cyclones
24. Iowa Hawkeyes
25. Tennessee Volunteers

After the top 3, the experts that contribute to the poll missed on half of the top 25 teams.
Every year the numbers are similar.

Last edited:
If the season plays out and both teams still only have one loss, that will mean that uf beat bama in the seccg. If that happens, A&M is the odd team out because no way the committee leaves bama out.

None of the hypotheticals will matter though because A&M isn't going to make it past Auburn next week.

Hard disagree. I think most probable is A&M finishes with 1 loss, UF gets blasted in SEC championship, both A&M and Bama make it to playoffs. Jimbo is a NC winning coach so he gets benefit of the doubt. Final 4 will be Bama, Clemson, A&M, Ohio State. Will be very close between 1 loss A&M and 1 loss ND, but ND has to drop when they lose to #4 Clemson, and I think top 5 will end up being Bama, Ohio St, Clemson, A&M, ND in that order. I can live with this as neither ND nor UF make it in. Miami is probably #7 or #8. Not a bad season. With a bowl win it would be the 1st top 10 finish since 2005.

A&M beats Florida and is behind them in rankings? Ridiculous.
Northwestern jumping Miami after beating Wisconsin was some insulting **** tbh. They are mad wonky with the ratings this year. Just ranking based on nothing.

Why even play games at this point? They want Bama, Notre Dame, Clemson, and Ohio State in the playoffs. Why bother playing any other games? You're going to have a couple teams sitting there having played 10, 11 games and teams like Cincy and BYU are going to be undefeated. But Ohio State with MAX 6 games will get into the playoffs with wins over 1-4 Nebraska, 1-5 Penn State, 1-2 Rutgers, Indiana (they've had a nice season, I won't insult them, but its ******* Indiana), and have two games left against 2-3 Michigan State and 2-4 Michigan. What a joke. Horrendous.

Advertisement
Northwestern jumping Miami after beating Wisconsin was some insulting **** tbh. They are mad wonky with the ratings this year. Just ranking based on nothing.

Why even play games at this point? They want Bama, Notre Dame, Clemson, and Ohio State in the playoffs. Why bother playing any other games? You're going to have a couple teams sitting there having played 10, 11 games and teams like Cincy and BYU are going to be undefeated. But Ohio State with MAX 6 games will get into the playoffs with wins over 1-4 Nebraska, 1-5 Penn State, 1-2 Rutgers, Indiana (they've had a nice season, I won't insult them, but its ******* Indiana), and have two games left against 2-3 Michigan State and 2-4 Michigan. What a joke. Horrendous.
Miami hasn’t beaten anyone. Wisconsin is a pretty good team so NW jumping us is more understandable than Florida jumping A&M knowing very well Florida lost head to head matchup.

Hard disagree. I think most probable is A&M finishes with 1 loss, UF gets blasted in SEC championship, both A&M and Bama make it to playoffs. Jimbo is a NC winning coach so he gets benefit of the doubt. Final 4 will be Bama, Clemson, A&M, Ohio State. Will be very close between 1 loss A&M and 1 loss ND, but ND has to drop when they lose to #4 Clemson, and I think top 5 will end up being Bama, Ohio St, Clemson, A&M, ND in that order. I can live with this as neither ND nor UF make it in. Miami is probably #7 or #8. Not a bad season. With a bowl win it would be the 1st top 10 finish since 2005.

I don't expect uf to beat bama. I said IF both teams finish with one loss then A&M is going to be the odd man out. With that said, A&M goes down on Saturday. The same Auburn team that looked awful yesterday will look different at Jordan hare Stadium. Book it.

It likely won't come this season*.

*statement defined as W over top 5 team.

Miami should get a matchup with a top 10 team in a NY6 bowl game (probably a team ranked 6-8) if we don't blow this last part of the season. If we win, thats a huge statement W. It would be a massively successful season to finish with one loss, ranked in the top 10 for the first time in 15 years (didn't even happen in 2017), and get the credibility of being legit with the NY6 victory. Personally Id be happy to see Miami - Cincy in the Peach Bowl as I want the most favorable matchup, and I think Miami needs a Peach Bowl exorcism.

Advertisement
I don't expect uf to beat bama. I said IF both teams finish with one loss then A&M is going to be the odd man out. With that said, A&M goes down on Saturday. The same Auburn team that looked awful yesterday will look different at Jordan hare Stadium. Book it.
Man, I hope not. An A&M loss all but guarantees ND will be in the playoffs and gives UF hope. I'm not worried about Jimbo Fisher at A&M long term. He will have a good team for a few years but will inevitably recruit a bunch of cancers that destroy the program.

If everything follows as we suspect
Floriduh gets pummeled by Bama in Sec champ game
And slides quietly down below A&M anyway
If they beat Bama they jump into top 4 and A&M still sits outside
A team like Florida with that high caliber Of an offense Is not getting pummeled by anyone in the country.

Miami should get a matchup with a top 10 team in a NY6 bowl game (probably a team ranked 6-8) if we don't blow this last part of the season. If we win, thats a huge statement W. It would be a massively successful season to finish with one loss, ranked in the top 10 for the first time in 15 years (didn't even happen in 2017), and get the credibility of being legit with the NY6 victory. Personally Id be happy to see Miami - Cincy in the Peach Bowl as I want the most favorable matchup, and I think Miami needs a Peach Bowl exorcism.
Good point.

Regardless of who Miami plays going bowling, it is important that our Canes get either a big crushing win or gritty well played W.

They MUST stop this disasterous string of Ls post season.

Advertisement
What has to happen for us to make the CFP?

Miami blows out Duke, NC, GT
Auburn beats aTm
Alabama beats Florida
ND beats Clemson
Michigan cancels game vs OSU

1. Alabama
2. ND
3. Cincy
4. Miami

NY6 teams:

Clemson, Florida, Brigham Young, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Southern Cal, Georgia

What has to happen for us to make the CFP?

Miami blows out Duke, NC, GT
Auburn beats aTm
Alabama beats Florida
ND beats Clemson
Michigan cancels game vs OSU

1. Alabama
2. ND
3. Cincy
4. Miami

NY6 teams:

Clemson, Florida, Brigham Young, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Southern Cal, Georgia
👆 love where you head is at on this...

BUT... if we go to the live feed of your living room where you made the post, I suspect we see 👇👇

CBStprR63SN7a.gif

Advertisement
Back