Up 1 in the Coaches Poll

Advertisement
Year in, year out, polls are stupid, don't properly account for strength of schedule, and go too much based on 'gut' feelings of which teams are good.

There are probably 30+ teams that would be undefeated against BYU's schedule, and another two dozen that would be undefeated against Cincinnati's. Having them ranked ahead of us and IU is silly. Polls are for the TV networks.

I only give the slightest **** about our poll rankings because of the optics and how it effects recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Year in, year out, polls are stupid, don't properly account for strength of schedule, and go too much based on 'gut' feelings of which teams are good.

There are probably 30+ teams that would be undefeated against BYU's schedule, and another two dozen that would be undefeated against Cincinnati's. Having them ranked ahead of us and IU is silly. Polls are for the TV networks.

I only give the slightest **** about our poll rankings because of the optics and how it effects recruiting.

The analytics ratings are also very high on BYU and Cincy. Maybe about 10 teams would be undefeated vs. their schedules, but that's not the point. They've completed dominated their opponents.

Kentucky held them to 7 points in the 1st half yesterday. TAMU has a better defense and they aren't one dimensional like uf. If Trask has a bad game, they're fúcked.
Too bad games aren't just one half.

Okay, TAMU has a better defense. Florida has a better offense. One of the best in the nation in fact. My point is a one spot difference based on the other factors than just head to head, makes sense. You could say if "so and so has a bad game" for any team. **** even ours. QBs make teams go

Advertisement
Except for the top 3 or 4, it shouldn’t surprise that the polls are a bit mangled up with so many games cancelled and the late starts of some conferences.

It is a bit suspect, but if the season plays out and Aggies only loss is against Bama, I say they leap UF.

If the season plays out and both teams still only have one loss, that will mean that uf beat bama in the seccg. If that happens, A&M is the odd team out because no way the committee leaves bama out.

None of the hypotheticals will matter though because A&M isn't going to make it past Auburn next week.

Advertisement
Back