Unsung Hero Award vs UF

bigsonnyu

Sophomore
In my opinion, I think this award goes to more than just one guy.

Those guys are: Tyrone Cornelius, Thurston Armbrister, and Jared Wheeler.

The two LB's played very very well!! I knew Armbrister was coming around, but I thought he still might have needed another year. And the way Cornelius looked vs previously, he's dang near most improved. With the lost of several LB's in the off-season, we needed these guys to step up, and they did just that!

Cornelius looks excellent in coverage, something our LB's have struggled with in the past, and it seems the former Safety in him really helps in that respect. Armbrister has also really impressed as a former secondary guy, in that he actually isn't scared to stick his nose in there.

In regards to Jared Wheeler...he really helped us out at Center, as McDermott seemed over his head with Easley, and was off his rocker all day and ! I always thought McDermott was handed the Center position by default, once Horn left, but I am actually expecting to see Wheeler make a push for more playing time there.

Honorable Mention: Renfro, Gilbert

Good job to these guys, we needed every ounce of what they gave to the team!!

Lets go Canes!

Advertisement
Armbrister was all but written off by myself and others.

Glad he's making me eat my words.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cornelius has been in a huge surprise. Golden definitely develops talent. That is the best news about this staff.
I could go down the line on guys I wrote off that Golden and Co seemed to resurrect.

Curtis Porter is my call. His name barely got called. Lots of names got called because of him.

Stay healthy, big dude. Get money.

Advertisement
O'donnell punted one of those punts, specifically, PERFECTLY. Literally right to the one yard line but Artie couldn't come up to it which was disappointing. But the crazy part is that O'donnell had several perfectly placed punts. The kid is an absolute stud.

Tyrone Cornelius IMO....the way he stopped that option on 3rd down was dope....then the deflection on another third down....i all but forgot about him.....great game today

Porter's impact on these last few games of '12-'13 are a great example of the importance of the DT position. Probably the most important outside of QB.

Advertisement
Armbrister and Cornelius were difference makers. This shows this coaching staff can coach guys up. Players are all getting better every week and every year. How long has it been since you could say this about Miami and the coaching staff? Imagine what Golden is going to do with heralded recruits.

Armbrister and Cornelius were difference makers. This shows this coaching staff can coach guys up. Players are all getting better every week and every year. How long has it been since you could say this about Miami and the coaching staff? Imagine what Golden is going to do with heralded recruits.

Haven't be able to say this Since the Butch years

Tyrone had a couple plays that were big in the moment.

our rush D was phenomenal.

Yea they might have had some bigger runs at the end of the game but they were on the field WAY too much

I've been down on Cornelius since the GT game last year but the kid looks like he has definitely stepped up his game this year. Thought him and Armbrister would probably always be JAGS, instead they have become solid contributors to this defense. Big time credit to them and our coaching staff for putting in some serious work over the offseason..

Advertisement
Back