Unsigned CBs for '20

Advertisement
Dawson is the name at the top of the list for me.

That would give us two SW Florida speedsters at corner. He is already friends with Malik Curtis.
Only concern with him is his coach is very anti-Miami (FSU Alum). Let's hope the staff can overcome that.

Advertisement

That would give us two SW Florida speedsters at corner. He is already friends with Malik Curtis.

Yep. Curtis moving to CB tells me coaches see a big need to add some speed to the back 7. I think we need more and Dawson would be ideal for that. Give me Dawson and a portal CB.

What's up with Dawson? Was he supposed to sign with AU yesterday and decided against it?

Any options currently in the portal at CB? I'm sure more will jump in as the season closes. Gotta get some quality transfers at CB...another strikeout from Rumph

Advertisement

Agreed Dawson is 1A &1B on the need board of remaining targets not named Barber. Ya'll should try an get an interview with Dawson.

Go Canes

I could see Manny go full portal. If the NCAA grants free agency, we take 1 upper classmen with experience and 1 underclassmen. At worst, move X to CB if we can't find another underclassman.

Years remaining are adjusted for Covid year.
Ivey- 3rd year Junior (3 to play 2)
Blades- 3rd year Junior (3 to play 2)
Couch- 2nd year Sophomore (4 to play 3)
Clarke- 1st year Freshman (5 to play 4)
Dunson- 1st year Freshman (5 to play 4)

X - 1st year Freshman (5 to play 4)
Curtis - 2021 Freshman (5 to play 4)
Portal Upperclassman
Portal Underclassman

Anyone know anything about 3⭐️ Kameron Grays out of Blount HS in Alabama?

Currently committed to Kansas, but has offers to FSU, AU, IU, and Mizz. I watched his tape but it’s mostly him on offense

Advertisement
Advertisement
99344A1B-3BBE-4539-8E0E-122585E7C535.jpeg

We need cover guys so badly. I know guys like LCE have stated our staff covets bigger corners who can tackle more than pure cover guys. Makes no sense to me as I see teaching a cover guy to tackle is simpler than teaching a thumper how to cover.
I get both sides but I think having a kid that can cover is more valuable. Rather have a kid slight of frame that can keep guys from catching the ball than to have a bigger guy that's getting beat but isn't afraid to tackle. Problem is typical cover guy is when the run hits the edge will he stick his body in there or will he shy away from the contact (which you cannot have, so I see the dilemma there). But again, we're in SoFLA and if kids were afraid of contact they most likely couldn't make it down here on the HS football scene, so that takes care of itself. We need to rack up on the kids measuring 5'9-5'11 and about 160lbs+ because the Bama's-Clemson's-OSUs-UGAs typically go for the 6 feet plus guys....we build our program around TDawson types and TeCory Couch types and once we're rolling we'll start getting the Jason Marshall-PSurtains of the SoFLA world. I don't understand how this isn't easily figured out. Kid from U-School that went to Wisconsin was our guy, McBurrows was our guy. CB should be one of the first positions to be locked up, sealed and delivered for us. I think being here with them makes our staff over-analyze kids and then get stuck to thinking we can shoot higher and higher and higher until we end up left with a stud playmaking WR/PR in Curtis being forced to play CB.....

Advertisement
Back