Unsigned 2018 DT Moro Ojomo's senior highlights

01Canes

Senior
Moro Ojomo, a high three-star DT out of Texas (rated an 89 by 247 Sports), has picked up offers from the following programs over the past 2.5 weeks: Texas, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, Oregon, and Tennessee. Matt Doherty (our director of player personnel) and Ojomo are now following each other on Twitter. Looks like Ojomo is this year's late riser who's attracting lots of attention from big time programs down the stretch.

Ojomo just released his senior highlights yesterday and he looks like a possible eventual Norton replacement in this defense.

[HUDL]video/3/5623630/5a3dbf9e02b2aa0d7cd2f3a7[/HUDL]

Advertisement
I checked this kid out a few weeks ago when i was browsing the net for uncommitted DTs and really liked his film - but based on what i read, it didn't seem like he was going to leave Texas so i never mentioned him.

What's crazy is the kid is only 16 years old. Won't turn 17 until he freshman year in college.

One of our closers needs to get Kool a nice big chunk of clay with a big motor. Get Hartley out there.

Advertisement
A 3 star all of a sudden getting all this attention.

Like the last girl left at the bar at closing time.

A 3 star all of a sudden getting all this attention.

Like the last girl left at the bar at closing time.

Well she's usually 2-star, so not quite the same......3-star views are from the beer goggles.

And he isn't just getting attention now. He's been recruited by Texas, A&M, Okie State and others up to this point. Plus, his tape is nice. He plays a similar game to RJ, who was also a 3-star with athleticism and upside. If i can get a 3-star kid with tape and athleticism like this who already plays a 1-tech in HS and knows how to use his hands and "get skinny" after only recruiting 2 total DTs in a 2 year period, i jump at it.

Advertisement
Moro Ojomo, a high three-star DT out of Texas (rated an 89 by 247 Sports), has picked up offers from the following programs over the past 2.5 weeks: Texas, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, Oregon, and Tennessee. Matt Doherty (our director of player personnel) and Ojomo are now following each other on Twitter. Looks like Ojomo is this year's late riser who's attracting lots of attention from big time programs down the stretch.

Ojomo just released his senior highlights yesterday and he looks like a possible eventual Norton replacement in this defense.

Did you actually watch these highlights or do you just have no clue what you're looking at?

Advertisement

Did you actually watch these highlights or do you just have no clue what you're looking at?

Projecting a recruit who already weighs 275 at the age of 16 and plays NT in high school as a possible eventual 1-tech in our 4-3 elicits that type of response?

giphy.gif

/ could obviously also be a 3-tech
// won't matter anyway because he's probably not coming

Advertisement

Projecting a recruit who already weighs 275 at the age of 16 and plays NT in high school as a possible eventual 1-tech in our 4-3 elicits that type of response?

giphy.gif

Did you change your avy?

giphy.gif

Did you change your avy?

Yes sir.

Great to see you back posting again.

He might be good but desperation has set in

Desperation, sure. But here we are. So I say at this point grab a project kid with a big body and upside, maybe year 3 he is a starter, or if we get lucky he gets reps in year 2. DT is one of those positions where I don't bank on true freshmen having a lot of success. Can't win on athletic ability alone at DT, so much of it is technique (whereas I think rbs, cbs, and wrs can to an extent).

Advertisement
Back