Unsigned 2018 DT Moro Ojomo's senior highlights

Advertisement
Look there’s no excuse for this desperate times trying find a DT commit but I believe in Kul and what he can do with a DLineman so bring him on let’s go.

I don’t understand our staff waiting so long to offer certain guys. Offer them early them if you land your targets tell them kick rocks. It’s a nasty game.

Look there’s no excuse for this desperate times trying find a DT commit but I believe in Kul and what he can do with a DLineman so bring him on let’s go.

Hey @Ariz you got any insight as to why Kool waited so late to target some of these lineman this year? Is he just thoroughly evaluating guys into their senior season or is he desperate? I wish we could see Kools big board from this year to see who hisbtargets were and how he approcehed it.

Hey @Ariz you got any insight as to why Kool waited so late to target some of these lineman this year? Is he just thoroughly evaluating guys into their senior season or is he desperate? I wish we could see Kools big board from this year to see who hisbtargets were and how he approcehed it.

I seriously think he was caught off guard by both Norton and McIntosh leaving.

Advertisement

I seriously think he was caught off guard by both Norton and McIntosh leaving.

This is hard to believe as Pete has been talking about them thinking of leaving even before the season started. Kool has to know this could happen. DJ leaving probably came as a surprise at some point and made him look at another DE but he knew he needed DT’s in this class.

I don’t understand our staff waiting so long to offer certain guys. Offer them early them if you land your targets tell them kick rocks. It’s a nasty game.

Especially at a position of need in a given class. Gotta cast a wide net when you need numbers and talent. It seems we are always hearing about guy's who end up being very legit college players waiting on offers from us.

Maybe it's part of that thought process that "a Miami offer means something" combined with not thinking our 2 starting DTs would go to the NFL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As dumb as this may sound, the reason this staff doesn’t do things like telling a kid to kick rocks is because Richt actually cares for kids and isn’t like Nicky Satan. Though is not the popular thing to do, he walks a more righteous life than many on this earth and I respect him for it. He will do just fine at picking up the needed DT’s, OL’s to close out this great class remember we are the U.

Last edited:
Miami is in his top 7.
Coach says there's a pretty good chance we get a visit.

DT out of Texas

Advertisement
Miami should recruit the state of Texas a lot harder. There's assloads of talent here, and the flagship Texas Longhorns have been in the ******* for a decade.

Kids in this state (Texas) don't give a **** about the SEC. There's no cult fascination with Nick Saban or the SEC like there is in the South.

Most of the kids come from either Dallas or Houston, so you don't have the "rural farm boy goes to Miami and gets homesick" issue.

Miami grabbed Ed Reed and Reggie Wayne from Louisiana back in the day when LSU and the SEC were down. Well, you have a similar situation to that in Texas today, only Texas has four times as many prospects.

Last edited:
Did you just say Texas and Texas A&M don't have the big bag game nailed down quite as well?

Are you familiar with Ricky Seals-Jones?

Did you just say Texas and Texas A&M don't have the big bag game nailed down quite as well?

Are you familiar with Ricky Seals-Jones?

They do play the bag game, but they certainly don't play it as well as Alabama and the SEC (nobody does).... those boys have it down to an art.

It's just a matter of competition. The entire SEC is competing for the same kids, so iron sharpens iron in terms of the bag handling skills.

Texas is just used to getting the kids they want in state without having to fight hard.

Also, it's not like the old days with the old SWC and the Pony Express and whatnot. UT thinks of itself as one of the best academic schools in America (whether they are or not), like they're almost "too good" to focus on football. Austin is a super liberal town in the middle of a red *** state, so a lot of the redneck types who are diehard college football fans can't stand the Longhorns for that reason. To someone not from here, I'd say they're a lot like North Carolina minus the scandals.... or maybe like a UCLA in the way they treat their football program.

Advertisement
Back