Unreal and SIAP

Advertisement
The way he flies by people his age, he might be wiser focusing on track. Too young to say either way, but the kid can scoot.

Yeah.... that track clip was pretty freaky. What's interesting is that usually when you see a kid dominate sports at that level, it's because they're physically bigger than others.... not the case here. Springy fast.

Nothing against this young kids accomplishments, but I had a super performing kid play for me but by the time he got to HS the athletic maturation had ended and he was good but not exceptional. Before anointing a little kid a future star, let the kid get well into his teenage years then judge.

Great skills for his age. The other kids look like typical kids playing at age level. He's fast and it would be interesting to see how he performs in an all-star game where it's unlikely he would make some of the plays in this vid.

Like you I've had some childhood "super stars" my coaches kept them grounded by praising but not over-praising. I've seen kids who were great at Optimist level never even make it to HS, some got jaded from the praise, some were influenced by bad friends, some just peaked as a child.

It appears that this boy's Dad is going to keep him well-grounded. He's getting good coaching too. Dad also has good size so I expect he will grow big enough. Perhaps one day if he makes it to college I will remember him if he comes out in green hair, or if he ends up at USC or school with no green colors mentions it in an interview.

Advertisement
Back